Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Aston Villa U21s: EFL Trophy Tues 10th Oct 2023: 7PM [+POST p12]

Comments

• Options
    Great long crossfield pass from Kedwell to Alfie, who's long range shot goes straight to the keeper...Kedwell is looking impressive
  • Options
    Kedwell lovely ball to Kirk, touches it to Aneke, holds 4 players off lays it to Asiimwe who shoots over 
  • Options
    Crawley and Sutton only just started second half 0-0
  • Options
    7 minutes added time somehow...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Great pass from Kedwell over to Kirk, plays to Chuks who twists and turns, then back to Asiimwe who shoots over from the edge of the area.
  • Options
    The 442 looked so much better than 4231 we’ve reverted to now.
  • Options
    Villa come forward, looks a bit dangerous but Deji heads clear.
  • Options
    Villa offside AMB sends the free kick long
  • Options
    The 442 looked so much better than 4231 we’ve reverted to now.
    Not the formation blame again…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Crawley end in draw, we should be second in this league
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I wish Tel and Greg wouldn't try and do punditry or "colour" when they aren’t "lead commentator".

Isn't that the job of the co-commentator? The lead describes the action. 
    Yes and Martin Tyler never handed over to Gary Nevile.

The pundit is normally an expert.  I don't mind two blokes in the pub talking about football, if I am not paying for it.

Greg is going on some monologue now, it's painful.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    We'll be top if they draw, and Sutton win the shootout
  • Options
    I want to know why Kirk is still on the pitch...although has scored an easy touch in apart from that, nothing...
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Crawley will have 4 points, us three
  • Options
    Oof, AMB has to make a save from an angle, and we're under pressure. Now May bombs forward, and sends the ball wide to Kirk. We get the ball into the box, but they clear
  • Options
    A midfield 2 of Chem Campbell and Scott Fraser with May, Kirk, Tedic and Aneke all ahead of it was way too attacking and killed a lot of our momentum.

Kedwell on for Fraser helped that slightly, but we haven't bossed this half at all.

Not helping is Kirk looking tired, May playing as the 10, Tedic not getting into it at all and Aneke just looking to shoot at all times
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I wish Tel and Greg wouldn't try and do punditry or "colour" when they aren’t "lead commentator".

Isn't that the job of the co-commentator? The lead describes the action. 
    Yes and Martin Tyler never handed over to Gary Nevile.

The pundit is normally an expert.  I don't mind two blokes in the pub talking about football, if I am not paying for it.

Greg is going on some monologue now, it's painful.

I think they do a great job. Good to hear Greg again
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Crawley will have 4 points, us three
    Course they will - Brain isnt working
  • Options
    Villa player down in their box with cramp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ref needs to blow the bloody whistle this is gong on too long, result is there
  • Options
    I want to know why Kirk is still on the pitch...although has scored an easy touch in apart from that, nothing...
    Because it's the EFL trophy 
  • Options
    Well I know your not allowed to play 442 nowadays but it’s as clear as day we were better playing 442 first half so much more solid and in control 
  • Options
    Tennai down the right but his cross is a bit pants and out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    FT 4-2, easy first half, tired second half... anyway you can now chill 🍻🍻 @Arsenetatters
  • Options
    I know it's all got very disjointed but that was a very unimpressive second half.
  • Options
    Well I know your not allowed to play 442 nowadays but it’s as clear as day we were better playing 442 first half so much more solid and in control 
    Gives MA something to think about
  • Options
    Good work from Deji on the edge of our area, but then gets in a bit of a tangle with Tennai. Luckily the ref's blown for full time.