Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Blackpool : Saturday 7th October 2023 : KO 3;00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Time for The Beast...
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I didn't see the whole match on Tuesday, but for the first 60ish minutes until the red card I didn't feel like the system worked as much as we just had better players than Exeter.

We still haven't found a system that works.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to Appleton because we have a great winger in CBT, and no natural RW. We have a run in behind striker in May, but he can't play up front in his own. We have three big center forwards, but it's hard to squeeze them into a team with May. L Watson looks very clever, but he has to cover a lot of ground because we're playing with three CFs and CBT. Also, we have a CB at LB. 

Some of this is injuries, but some of this, and I've been saying it since the summer, is that I don't know how the best talent in this squad fits together. 
  • Options
    Said it on Tuesday this formation doesn't work. For all the forwards on the pitch how many shots on goal have we had? It's 424 much of the time or even 415 when Thomas bombs forward and then gets a nosebleed and passes it back to Dobson. We have not threatened their defence or keeper once.
    Agreed

The second half on Tuesday flattered us, as in the first half we also had a non existent midfield. Against better opponents we need someone more creative where May is, someone to run the game. Especially without Chuks who's brilliant at holding the ball up.

Everyone seems a bit heavy legged too, which doesn't help.
  • Options
    Time for The Beast...
    Agreed Leaburn off Chuks on. 
  • Options
    Aneke won the halftime sprint between all the subs, so is coming on first.

Fraser just pipped at the end by Chem Campbell
  • Options
    I'd take Tedic off, especially as he's on a yellow 
  • Options
    Both teams played well, we've been steady and unspectactular, theyve been solid and looked to break. Standard Charlton defending makes it easy for Rhodes to turn a cross in.

We're not out of it at all but need to find that final ball quality.  
  • Options
    I've just been watching the subs warm up in front of me. Might be imagining it but Chuks looks much slimmer than I remember him in the past. He's still a unit mind. 
  • Options
    Richie out from the half time talk early to chat to Tupac, wonder if he's coming on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both teams played well, we've been steady and unspectactular, theyve been solid and looked to break. Standard Charlton defending makes it easy for Rhodes to turn a cross in.

We're not out of it at all but need to find that final ball quality.  
    Look at both our forum and theirs (until they scored) though and you’d think both sides were on 5 game losing runs…
  • Options
    Fraser must come on
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Fraser must come on
    Who for?
  • Options
    Defense is in slow slow mode in possession and can’t change pace when defending.
  • Options
    This game could do with bringing Fraser on to help build through the midfield and pushing Watson further forward to help break down their well organized defense.

The problem is what do you do with May and Miles? Move Miles to RW? He's not been great there. I'd be tempted to see what May could do coming in from the right but it's also not ideal.
  • Options
    No changes at HT. Why non swap Miles and Tedic for a few minutes to give their defenders a different problem?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Gabriel Brener is here today - one of the new ownership consortium

He’ll be thinking “WTF have I invested in” 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Fraser must come on
    Who for?
    Tedic he’s on a card May up top Leaburn on wing and go 433.
  • Options

The attendance has been announced as 13,120 with 933 away fans. Usual caveats apply.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Cross from Tedic takes a touch and deflection finds May unmarked, couldnt controll it and away.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So nearly 1-1 there, Alfie just not able to get a foot to a chance in the box
  • Options
    Ball reaches May but nicked away just in time again.
  • Options
    Even CBT has looked a bit off today, torrid touch just then
  • Options
    ross1 said:

He's used to watching Houston Dynamo, this is an upgrade. 
  • Options
    Is that Simon Church playing the crossbar challenge?
    Nah, at least the guy scored...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ross1 said:

May well be confused and think we're the team in white and orange then 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ross1 said:

They play in Orange too don't they? - Hope he knows which team he's supporting
  • Options
    Appleton should be ripping into them here
    Lack of desire 
  • Options
    TCamp and Asiim coming on
  • Options

T. Campbell and Asiimwe on soon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!