Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Blackpool : Saturday 7th October 2023 : KO 3;00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Posting without reading. 
    I'm at the game and 40 minutes in we haven't had A single shot.
    Totally shite 
    According to BBC, one shot on target and that was B/pool
    CBT put in a cross which turned into a shot on target, as the Goalkeeper caught it.
  • Options
    Leaburn really really passive
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Our distribution in the final third is very poor.
    Mays waved a foot at it more than once today.
  • Options
    My first game of the season. Painful. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Leaburn needs to get more involved. Not looked up for it.
    I think it's more a case of he's gotten no service and he's being asked to occupy 2-3 central defenders. Nothing has gone into his feet. It's more that we need to find a way to get him involved. 
  • Options
    standing off Blackpool too much now, letting them keep the ball under no pressure
  • Options
    Blackpool booking... time wasting.
  • Options
    Powderpuff  
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Always a bit hard to tell watching in TV, but CBT seems to be coming inside a lot while Tedić is staying wider. Seems weird way round to do it. If we’re going to do that then surely makes sense to bring Tyreece on for Tedić. Try and inject a bit more pace and ability to go past a man. It’s not been dreadful but definitely needs a spark adding in the final third. 
  • Options
    1. 45'

Booking

Dominic Thompson (Blackpool) is shown the yellow card.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Blackpool try to find an opening over on the left, but Thomas puts in a block, and clears
  • Options
    I know he's got some staunch support on here, but watching Thomas play wingback is painful. Kills every move when he gets the ball. He's done some good one on one defensive work but we need Edun back 
  • Options
    T. Watson and a Blackpool player down after a painful clash.
  • Options
    We look so weak. Fucking have some urgency and desire 
  • Options
    Apart from Camara this is possibly our strongest side. 
     I'd table at best
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I think Tedic is playing that one there, went down a little after glancing at a Blackpool players spectacular tumble and is keeping himself down for that "no foul ref 50/50"
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I think it's more a case of he's gotten no service and he's being asked to occupy 2-3 central defenders. Nothing has gone into his feet. It's more that we need to find a way to get him involved. 
    Not putting himself about at all. Needs to show for the ball more. Looks completely disinterested. 
  • Options
    Physio took his time coming on for our player - Blackpool lad is back up and limping away
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Maybe he should try actually moving more than about 10 feet to the left and right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from Camara this is possibly our strongest side. 
     I'd table at best
    + Edun & a fully fit Fraser
  • Options
    Time for Appleton to earn his wedge.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    If MA has been complaining about a lack of running, I wouldn't be surprised if he went into that dressing room at half time and started swinging. Total lack of effort. Walking football
  • Options
    HT 0-1
  • Options
    Posting without reading. 
    I'm at the game and 40 minutes in we haven't had A single shot.
    Totally shite 
    I thought we were doing well for the first half hour, definitely on top and Blackpool were struggling. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    HT 0-1, a score that doesn't reflect the period of play and feel we must benefit from the half time pep talk from Apples, and we go again kicking the right way, still feel we are very much in this game...
  • Options
    We've been good until the final third. Leaburn and Tedic having awful games though. Everyone blaming Thomas for the goal because of something that happened 20 seconds before it but T Watson once again completely skinned, get Asiimwe on 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Actually think we’ve been decent for the most part. Just the final ball nicked away or intercepted at the last moment.

It was happening against Exeter first half too and then we clicked and took the game away from them second half.

Blackpool are basically a better version of them. So can we manage it twice in a row?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Leaburn really really passive
    I call it shit actually 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!