Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Blackpool : Saturday 7th October 2023 : KO 3;00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Frustrating to be behind after those 45mins - Not because we've been the better team, but Blackpool haven't either.

Draw would be a very fair score line based on that half - Defence for the most part has done its job and done it well, but as I said for the Goal, you cant leave someone like Jordan Rhodes so unmarked in the area.

CBT understandably being double marked whenever he has the ball, and he's cutting into the centre more when he is on the ball, rather than taking on his Full-Back... Leaburn and Tedic not fully on the same wave length as everyone else
  • Options
    Very poor. Hate this system. Round pegs square holes. Thomas ends up too much as the one to play the killer ball but he can't pass and it invariably goes backwards. Can't even defend properly. A weak link imo. Not a single effort at goal was there. Tedic is wasted too. I'd get Fraser on for him at h/t. It wasn't really working first half Tuesday and it only came together after the sending off. It's not working for me.
  • Options
    Very disappointing. We can’t break them down and we get hit by the sucker punch. 
  • Options
    Is this an over 50s match
    when you are Not allowed to run? 
  • Options
    Brener here apparently. Probably wondering when the team in red will actually start playing football
  • Options
    Sort of game I think we would win if we could ever keep a clean sheet. 

Lots of teams know they can just sit back against us, put everyone behind the ball, make it difficult for us and eventually there will be some sort of brain fade at the back. 

• Options

Gabriel Brener is here today - one of the new ownership consortium

• Options
    HT stats

Possession 60-40
    Pass Accuracy 86-82
    Shots 3-1
    On Target 0-1
    Inside Area 1-1
    xG 0.07-0.22
    Corners 2-1
  • Options
    Not much urgency at all. Disappointing. Poor defending for the goal and offering little going forward. Changes needed second half.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We've been good until the final third. Leaburn and Tedic having awful games though. Everyone blaming Thomas for the goal because of something that happened 20 seconds before it but T Watson once again completely skinned, get Asiimwe on 
    Yeah Watson has disappointed me to this point. I think a lot of it is rust because I think he's making some basic mistakes in and out of possession. But he's been almost nonexistant in possession and her's prone to getting beaten 1-v-1 and with runners in behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it on Tuesday this formation doesn't work. For all the forwards on the pitch how many shots on goal have we had? It's 424 much of the time or even 415 when Thomas bombs forward and then gets a nosebleed and passes it back to Dobson. We have not threatened their defence or keeper once.
  • Options
    Geez that was a hard watch.

So lethargic. We are passing it around without ever looking like getting anywhere.

Then hit by a sucker punch  Blackpool's only shot of the half.

This formation may have worked last Tuesday but it sure isn't today. 

Changes please. And early doors, not 30 minutes into the half.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    SDAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Leaburn needs to get more involved. Not looked up for it.
    I think it's more a case of he's gotten no service and he's being asked to occupy 2-3 central defenders. Nothing has gone into his feet. It's more that we need to find a way to get him involved. 
    Maybe he should try actually moving more than about 10 feet to the left and right
    I don't disagree, but I feel like we're asking him to play the way Chuks did on Tuesday. And at times Chuks played the way I would want Miles to. Hopefully it's tweaked at halftime and he and May become more dynamic., 
  • Options
    Tedic cannot play wide, get TC on or move Leaburn wide and get chuks on.
  • Options
    Lethargic is spot on. 
    Leaburn in particular which is odd. Is he injured? 
  • Options
    Very flat. Had a'lot of the ball without doing too much with it. A few blocked shots but their keeper not tested. 

Yet another slow start & letting in the first goal. That's what you get when you play with just one pacey player & a striker out wide.

But as in recent weeks I'm expecting a much improved 2nd half & an Golfie. 
  • Options
    F me I wish they'd turn the PA down. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Leuth said:
    We've been good until the final third. Leaburn and Tedic having awful games though. Everyone blaming Thomas for the goal because of something that happened 20 seconds before it but T Watson once again completely skinned, get Asiimwe on 
    Yeah Watson has disappointed me to this point. I think a lot of it is rust because I think he's making some basic mistakes in and out of possession. But he's been almost nonexistant in possession and her's prone to getting beaten 1-v-1 and with runners in behind.
    How long does it take set to shake off the rust then, he's had a month pretty much. 

Sometimes people are too quick to judge our players, but other times people try to find any excuse when the reality is the player is just a tad shit
  • Options
    Boring. Utterly turgid half.
  • Options
    Their no.22 has got in behind our defence 3 times all we do is pass it across the back 4 then kick it long and lose it or go for the Hollywood through ball and lose it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ponderous football - creating nothing. Too much passing sideways and strolling round the pitch.

Looks like a pre season friendly.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Very disappointing first 45, far too much sideways backwards passing across the back and no shots on goal. They’ve been targeting our right between CB & RB. Defenders ball watching Thomas let’s Rhodes run off him for their goal. Another half time rocket needed. I know that they haven’t had much decent service but have our front three broken sweat yet. 😤

• Options
    We've had the better of the possession but have done nothing with it. Must try harder. 
  • Options
    Walking pace first half. Hopefully they have the energy to run in the second. We've coped well mostly other than the goal when we let them play around us. Must keep tabs on Hamilton and stop any service to Rhodes. Chuks makes things happen and Tedic is the obvious one to come off. Other than that let's give it a go please....COYA!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Gabriel Brener is here today - one of the new ownership consortium

Bet he's impressed and can't wait to get his cheque book out again.
  • Options
    I'm pissed of with "Giving the oppo credit" Brownie, couldn't give a flying fig about Blackpool, we gifted Rhodes that goal...
  • Options
    Not enough credit being given to Blackpool here. This is what Critchley does with his sides away from home.

They’ve allowed four shots on target across their last two away games at Barnsley and Wycombe.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    CBT on one wing doing fuck all, Tedic on the other doing similar basically means we’ve again restricted ourselves to only attacking down the middle and making it easy to defend. Chuks needs to come in for Tedic, particularly because the latter has been booked and Leaburn pushed out wider and CBT needs to be brought into the game.
  • Options
    Largely static front 4. Very poor passing from Dobson and May. Too much passing it around at the back.
    Get Aneke on asap and maybe Fraser. Blackpool largely playing 442 so getting the advantage on the wings with two wingers available for the out ball. Ours goes nowhere.

• Options
    Is that Simon Church playing the crossbar challenge?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!