Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Blackpool : Saturday 7th October 2023 : KO 3;00 Pm

Good afternoon one and all...

Today we welcome The Seasiders to The Valley for a day out, and fully intend to send them home with nothing more than memories of gracing the hallowed turf.
Of course there are a couple of links here in Appleton and of course our (used to be) own Albie Morgan making his first return to The Valley, hope he has a good day, but not a winning one, wouldn't put it past him getting on the scoresheet though...🙄
Blackpool arrive today one place and one point better off than us, so could be a close game, but I am backing us to continue our run of form of five unbeaten and make it four wins on the spin at home with another three points which could leave us top 10 come 5 Pm...

So here we go...

Miles Leaburn returns to the starting lineup for this afternoon’s game against Blackpool as we look to add to a five-game unbeaten streak in the league.

The striker, who scored in Tuesday’s 4-1 win against Exeter City, will take the place of Chuks Aneke who moves to the bench.

It means the Addicks are likely to start in the 4-2-3-1 formation used in midweek with Tennai Watson, Michael Hector, Lloyd Jones and Terell Thomas starting in a back four in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Louis Watson is likely to partner skipper George Dobson in midfield with Boban Tedić, Alfie May and Corey Blackett-Taylor operating just behind Leaburn.

Aneke is joined on the bench by Henry Molyneux, Lucas Ness, Nathan Asiimwe, Scott Fraser, Chem Campbell and Tyreece Campbell.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T Watson, Hector, Jones, Thomas; L Watson, Dobson (C); Tedić, May, Blackett-Taylor; Leaburn

Subs: Molyneux, Ness, Asiimwe, Fraser, C Campbell, T Campbell, Aneke

Comments

• Options
    Makes sense. 
  • Options
    <3 TERELL <3 gets to be this lineup announcement's cover star! 
  • Options
    Who does Chem replace on the bench?
  • Options
    Blackpool: Grimshaw, Husband, Pennington, Norburn, Carey, Dougall, Rhodes, Lavery, Casey, Hamilton, Thompson

Subs: O’Donnell, Connolly, Morgan, Dembele, Weir, Ekpiteta, Kouassi
  • Options
    Answered my own question, Anderson.
  • Options
    He came on last game! 
  • Options
    OS suggesting we’ll stick with 4-2-3-1.

AMB

T Watson Hector Jones Thomas

L Watson Dobson

Tedic              May              CBT

Leaburn
  • Options
    He was on the bench midweek too. Came on as a late sub for Dobson.

He came into the 18 in place of Terry Taylor following his injury at Shrewsbury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    He came on last game!

Don't think he did.
  • Options
    Answered my own question, Anderson.
    Karoy hasn’t been in a matchday 18 since Wycombe (H).
  • Options
    Glad to see Tedic starting again, may have dropped him myself for one of the Campbell's or Fraser.

But he did well second half on Tuesday, so doesn't really deserve to be dropped.
  • Options
    He was on the bench midweek too. Came on as a late sub for Dobson.

He came into the 18 in place of Terry Taylor following his injury at Shrewsbury.
    So he did. I was there too !!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He came on last game!

Don't think he did.
    He did, on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Blackpool: Grimshaw, Husband, Pennington, Norburn, Carey, Dougall, Rhodes, Lavery, Casey, Hamilton, Thompson

I sat there for a second thinking Rhodes had been left out ... why are they announcing him in that order!? Hoping we wouldn't notice? Makes it look like he is gonna play centre mid...
  • Options
    edited October 2023

I sat there for a second thinking Rhodes had been left out ... why are they announcing him in that order!? Hoping we wouldn't notice? Makes it look like he is gonna play centre mid...
    Guessing they’ve listed their XI the proper way (by squad number)…

Ours should be: Maynard-Brewer, Jones, Thomas, Dobson, Hector, May, Leaburn, T.Watson, Blackett-Taylor, L.Watson, Tedic
  • Options

Is that the proper way? So what if you are using your sub goalie at number 13!? 

• Options
    edited October 2023

Is that the proper way? So what if you are using your sub goalie at number 13!? 

Goalies always come first, only exception. :-)

Edit: in fact, Blackpool’s keeper wears 32.
  • Options
    Might be the proper way but I've always disliked it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    What about when the players were listed 1-11?
  • Options
    Other than, imo, Tyreece for Tedic, that’s probably our strongest starting XI available and fit right now. And with, again, options to win in it off the bench.
  • Options

Ours should be: Maynard-Brewer, Jones, Thomas, Dobson, Hector, May, Leaburn, T.Watson, Blackett-Taylor, L.Watson, Tedic
    I always thought it was traditionally always  GK, RB, CB, CB, LB, CM, CM, RM CF, CF, LM or the closest to that order depending on formation. I feel the need to dig out on of my old match day programmes and have a look now lol 

(this is a me problem ignore me guys haha)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Talal said:
    What about when the players were listed 1-11?
    Okay, not always, since squad numbers. 
  • Options
    So Curbs and Scotty are joined by the injured Harry Isted in the studio, be nice to hear what he has to say, get well soon Harry...
  • Options
    The last train to get to Charlton from London before kickoff cancelled, grrrr.

20 minute gap to the next train also 
  • Options
    The last train to get to Charlton from London before kickoff cancelled, grrrr.

20 minute gap to the next train also 
    FFS

I go to the toilet while waiting for the next train from Cannon Street, and while I'm there it's reinstated and departs 7 minutes late before I can get on it  :#
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!