Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Exeter City: Tuesday 3rd October 2023 KO 19:45PM

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023

But Ronnie said...

Oh never mind, correct decision but one I am happy the ref got wrong.
  • Options
    We’ll play better than that and not win .
    but 3 points no matter how they come are much needed .
    points that I’ve not seen mentioned 
    I think AMB was like slow motion trying to stop their goal at his near post
    exeter should have had a pen first half 
    and Alfie encroached in to the D before Aneke struck the penalty
    great turnout for Exeter on a Tuesday night 741 and a healthy 10,834 Addicks seats issued 😀

Eieieio 

Nah, mate, in the studio with playbacks you clearly see he timed his run perfectly. Which incident are you talking about for an Exeter pen? There was some diving going on in the first half.

Cracking rhyme above though so your over-pessimism is excused ;)  

I shuddered when I saw Chuks was starting, seemed way too early, but he looked genuinely fit, whereas in previous attempted comebacks it looked like our approach to getting him fit was "getting minutes into him". Add to that CBT easily able to last the full 100 minutes, and I have to say as a long -term critic of our backroom set-up, somebody has done a good job with those two. 

Louie Watson has the potential to be as influential this season as Mark Kinsella was. He may not have the thunderbolt in his locker, and he's a bit more tetchy, perhaps not captain material at least at this stage of his career, but his reaction to not starting last week has been top-drawer. 

Alfie is in the D and Chuks hasn’t even struck the ball in this pic his striking foot is blurred .

Exeter fella in first half near corner of box was moving away from goal and T Watson just took his ankle late , ref didn’t even give a free kick , ridiculous .
    & the goalie has moved before the kick was taken, his right foot is moving forward
    We’ll play better than that and not win .
    but 3 points no matter how they come are much needed .
    points that I’ve not seen mentioned 
    I think AMB was like slow motion trying to stop their goal at his near post
    exeter should have had a pen first half 
    and Alfie encroached in to the D before Aneke struck the penalty
    great turnout for Exeter on a Tuesday night 741 and a healthy 10,834 Addicks seats issued 😀

Eieieio 

Nah, mate, in the studio with playbacks you clearly see he timed his run perfectly. Which incident are you talking about for an Exeter pen? There was some diving going on in the first half.

Cracking rhyme above though so your over-pessimism is excused ;)  

I shuddered when I saw Chuks was starting, seemed way too early, but he looked genuinely fit, whereas in previous attempted comebacks it looked like our approach to getting him fit was "getting minutes into him". Add to that CBT easily able to last the full 100 minutes, and I have to say as a long -term critic of our backroom set-up, somebody has done a good job with those two. 

Louie Watson has the potential to be as influential this season as Mark Kinsella was. He may not have the thunderbolt in his locker, and he's a bit more tetchy, perhaps not captain material at least at this stage of his career, but his reaction to not starting last week has been top-drawer. 

Alfie is in the D and Chuks hasn’t even struck the ball in this pic his striking foot is blurred .

Exeter fella in first half near corner of box was moving away from goal and T Watson just took his ankle late , ref didn’t even give a free kick , ridiculous .
    & the goalie has moved before the kick was taken, his right foot is moving forward
    As long as he has one foot behind the line, that's ok according to the rules.
  • Options

If Klopp was the Exeter manager, he'd be demanding a replay!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Will we ever get over "The Red Card"...🙄

• Options
    Napoleon spoke about wanting "lucky generals"

Mickey Apples might be one 
    He's short enough to be Napoleon.
  • Options

Say that to his face
  • Options
    Wonder how the game may have gone if it stayed 11v11. Not that I'm overly bothered of course.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Say that to his face

There you go...🙄

• Options
    Not read all the posts so apologies if already covered but I was disappointed we didn’t go for more goals towards the end and were more content to play it around at the back. 4-1 up against ten men with 5 second half  Charlton subs on the pitch with fresher legs and we were basically fcking about with the ball at times. 4-1 was a great result. 5-1, 6-1 would have have been even better especially if May had got a hat trick or other players had got on the score sheet. 
    You are Steve Brown and I claim my five pounds :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Not read all the posts so apologies if already covered but I was disappointed we didn’t go for more goals towards the end and were more content to play it around at the back. 4-1 up against ten men with 5 second half  Charlton subs on the pitch with fresher legs and we were basically fcking about with the ball at times. 4-1 was a great result. 5-1, 6-1 would have have been even better especially if May had got a hat trick or other players had got on the score sheet. 
    You are Steve Brown and I claim my five pounds :)
    Sorry to let you down, but…