Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Exeter City: Tuesday 3rd October 2023 KO 19:45PM

Comments

• Options
    Another decent performance.  I wasn't a fan of the Appleton appointment, but he has got us playing well. & more importantly, winning games. Fair play to him.

The only thing I would say is that he does have the luxury of a bolstered & near fully fit squad that Holden never had
          To be honest he is a far better manager than
           Holden will ever be, and he is first to admit
           To any mistakes he makes while learning about his new team / club, so fair play to him as you say 👍👍👍

• Options
    Sounds like you are all starting to warm to Mapp a bit, which can only be a good thing at this stage.

Tell me, how bad were Exeter? Their great start to the season is rapidly falling apart after that 9-0 home defeat to Reading in the Mickey Mouse Trophy.

Our game at Orient was abandoned due to a medical emergency in the crowd; the poor man was still lying at the side of the pitch when they eventually decided to call it off at 10.30pm, so it looks like bad news. Football becomes a bit irrelevant at times.
    4-1 probably was harsh on them and the sending off definitely was but they weren't great.

Real shame to hear about the guy at the other game, let's hope he does pull through.
  • Options
    4-1 and 3 more points 
    new manager unbeaten in 4 games 
    and moving up the Table,
    Even some of our sceptics must be happier tonight COYR !! 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    https://x.com/jimmyyy_____/status/1709301802233991374?s=48&t=fa60M3vqALLnQeh3d9bD7A

see link for the sending off. 

Watching that for the first time and was told it was a red I would ask for who.  Its not even a foul.

We have had more than our fair share not go away and they "even themselves out" so I won't lose any sleep over it.
    Exeter mate in the away end thought it was straight red.

I wasn't sure from lower covered end, and saw a yellow after the red so thought the ref had changed his mind. I was enjoying the game and really didn't want to see them go down to 10 men, especially as it was only the 66th minute.

Seeing the replay i sympathise with the ref's decision as it looks like a 2 footed lunge. Technically, in slow-mo, not a sending off, but fully see why ref gave it in real-time.
    Yeah that's sort of my point, if the slow mo was the first time you saw it and were told it was a red you would ask who to and what for.   The ref got it wrong, but 100% I get why he gave it.  

Wouldn't even have been a yellow with VAR (actually, maybe not).
  • Options
    Tuesday night games against teams from the West Country seem to suit us. A great 4-1 win and a red card for them. Last year it was a great 5-1 win against Plymouth and a red card for them. 

We're just let down by Saturdays.
    We love playing at home to South Coast teams. Last season we beat Plymouth 5-1, Exeter 4-2, and Pompey 3-0

If Blackpool could relocate to the South Coast as well, we'd be certainties to win by a hatful on Saturday
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    We’ve lost as many matches as Barnsley, who are in 4th spot, 10 places ahead of us, Wembley  here we come boys,  keep the date free!!
  • Options
    Great win COYR (good morning)
  • Options
    Our season record of 4 2 4 is like how we played for much of tonight.
  • Options
    Forgot to say - if you watch Tedic, he is a quality player - made some cracking runs tonight, but so many times he wasn’t played in by the player on the ball - Tedic got understandably annoyed about it towards the end of the game - I hope they watch it back at Sparrows and show the players how many opportunities they missed to play him in beyond the last man - he has the football brain to beat an offside trap, provided he gets the ball played to him !!! 
    Think is often the problem with strikers on loan from prem clubs, they make great runs that l1 midfielders can’t pick out. I think Watson might be mega useful for that though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s so refreshing to see us shooting from outside of the box. Didn’t score from any of them tonight (or hit the target) but it’s felt like the last two season we were terrified to have a shot. Long hope it continues.
  • Options
    So you're saying my Charlton +11 points win the league is still on??!