Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• I bet on a draw so relatively happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Limp first half performance, much better in the second, and we easily deserved a draw.

Terrible ref, as I said on the match thread, then incredulous reaction of the Charlton fans and players to the handball incident, would have played on his mind, and he would almost be forced to give the next one. As Curbs or Brownie said, if the foul on Tedic had been down the other end, we might not have got the penalty, so the Charlton fans can claim half an assist!

Thought Tedic looked good when he came on, much sharper than at Crawley, while Chuks is immense if you can keep him fit. But defensively there's so much work to do. If anything got Holden sacked, it's this.
  • Previous comments sums us up
    we try and play too nice rather than accept you have to fight for everything at this level
    dont blame the ref for the blatant handball it was the Lino’s call and yet the idiot missed it. In my days as a ref if you missed such a blatant thing the league would suspend and retrain you on the basics Same linesman also missed two foul throws in first half
    chuks changed the game and leaburn is not a sole striker he needs a partner
    thought out best player was Campbell
  • edited September 2023
    Improved 2nd half, but let's face it, it couldn't have got much worse.
    If Stevenage had taken the huge chance they had to make it 2-0 it would have been over.
    Pleased for Chuks, he looked up for it and considering he has been out for 9 months actually looked sharp.
    Brave from CBT to take the ball off him for the penalty.
    Nice cameos from Tedic and Watson, hopefully Abankwah was just a case of playing out of position.....if not we have a dud. He was awful.
    Does every ref have an assessor watching them? Because if this bloke did he should be struck off. Absolute horror show. Missing the foul on Anderson for the first pen is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. I'll cut him some slack for the handball, but linesman has to see that.
    Would have taken a point beforehand and thought it highly unlikely we'd get one at HT.
    Just to put things into context, Stevenage are also one win in seven.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Out the Charlton Loop today and just seen the score; in shock that Chuks Aneke played today !
    Why is it mandatory that we get an average of two injuries every match ? 
    Did we get a concussion injury as we used 6 subs?

Michael Appleton has an impossible job but he must've realized that when he applied.

Good point at a team higher but no chance of any continuity as the lack of robustness will see the team change every week.

Did May get concussion in training or the warm up ?
  • Another absolute wanker of a ref.
  • Immediately cheered up by news from Villa Park!

Let's face it. Does not matter who manages this shower, mid table 3rd division football is us!
    And your post has cheered me up no end!

I looked at the PL scores after our game had finished and actually thought palace had won 1-0!.
  • Didn’t watch today as AWOL and had a day off, sounds like the usual, poor start, better second half, and the regulation crap ref.
    The Beast seems to have given us an edge and a deserved 1-1 result, which I would have taken before kick off after a CBT penalty, one which the ref had his specs on for.
    So an ok day and nice start for MA…👍
  • Bringing the experience off the bench helped push us on, dare I say it, we could have done with that experience from the start and its been mentioned on here, but they may yet be a starting place in this team for McGrandles. The lack of experience across the pitch is the reason why we are conceding silly goals and that needs to be addressed.