Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Auld Enemy vs England | 7:45pm KO - Live on C4 | Match Thread

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How successful is Southgate compared to previous managers?
    hE's gOt LuCkY

Its my favourite statement when people describe his run - As I rarely remember any difficult draws where we've deserved to go out (2002 and 2010 the only ones perhaps)
    I mean we've had some brilliant talent over the last 30 years. This lot are just all playing well together. I wonder who is key for that?
    Maguire?
  • Scotland still have work to do, 3 points needed from their next 3 qualifiers. 
  • edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scotland still have work to do, 3 points needed from their next 3 qualifiers. 
    Still have the Nations League Play-Offs to fall back on too
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Think it shows that Scotland’s Euro qualifier group is pretty weak. England are a step above anything we’ve played so far (and you think they could have gone up another couple of gears too if they needed). 
    Harsh on yourselves to be fair, given the result against Spain - Be interesting to see how you do against them in the reverse match.
    Beating Spain is an amazing result, they have some good players but are a team in transition.

I’ll be in Seville next month for the return fixture, hoping for a repeat!
    Crazy to think that Scotland would have been the first team to Qualify for the Euros had results gone their way tonight.
  • Philips gets a call up at playing a grand total of 6 mins this season for his club. 

think southgate gets to euros at least a semi final or needs to go. 

i do fear that we probably should of been euro 2021 champs and also got to a world cup final and we are going to see the end of the best players england have had for a long time 
  • Chunes said:
    Great result and always nice to see Charlton legend Chris Powell replaced on the England bench by Charlton legend Jimmy-Floyd Hasslebaink
    Seriously, how has this even happened?

• edited September 2023
    se9addick said:
    Think it shows that Scotland’s Euro qualifier group is pretty weak. England are a step above anything we’ve played so far (and you think they could have gone up another couple of gears too if they needed). 
    Yeah, only Spain & Norway
  • Philips gets a call up at playing a grand total of 6 mins this season for his club. 

i do fear that we probably should of been euro 2021 champs and also got to a world cup final and we are going to see the end of the best players england have had for a long time 
    Plenty of time yet. The only concern is Kane but the midfield is so young and the defence on paper won’t be worse either. This group should be better in 2028 than in 2024. 
    fair comment 

Kane & even Walker could have one more tourney, not sure on Maguire... the rest have another 3+ if they stay fit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Great result and always nice to see Charlton legend Chris Powell replaced on the England bench by Charlton legend Jimmy-Floyd Hasslebaink

One of the few choices with decent Management experience for the BAME role, only reason Powell had the job too no doubt

Would have been @ Middlesbrough when Southgate was there too.
  • se9addick said:
    Yeah, only Spain & Norway
    England are much better than both. Spain are a decent side, Norway are alright but neither are currently top tier international sides.
  • Really pleased for Harry.  He had the most shots on target.  For Scotland. 
  • Joe Cole being told to forget his era in an England shirt. But it's not wrong this is a great side, with a manager that seems to have them ticking. 
  • Joe Cole this team has WINNERS. 

Plenty of time yet. The only concern is Kane but the midfield is so young and the defence on paper won’t be worse either. This group should be better in 2028 than in 2024. 
    fair comment 
    Fair comment if you take Kane out of the picture... we need a young striker to come through, as we literally have no alternative at the moment
  • "3-1 on your special day"
  • Did Robertson have money on a Bellingham goal seeing that again?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023

• CAFCsayer said:
    Philips gets a call up at playing a grand total of 6 mins this season for his club. 

fair comment 
    Fair comment if you take Kane out of the picture... we need a young striker to come through, as we literally have no alternative at the moment
    Rashford comes inside, Winger steps up. Short term solution until one does come through. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Philips gets a call up at playing a grand total of 6 mins this season for his club. 

fair comment 
    Rashford comes inside, Winger steps up. Short term solution until one does come through. 
    What about Evan Ferguson?
  • edited September 2023
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    could Bellingham do it? He's only 20 right now

CR started off as a winger didn't he? And Henry? Bale at LB?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    What about Evan Ferguson?
    Capped for Oireland. 
  • Agreed - Kane is out at any point - you play todays formation:

Foden Bellingham Saka
                 Rashford

Scary.
  • Chunes said:
    Still think Henderson starts ahead of Jude 
    Chunes. I do hope you were joshing us!
  • Ive never really put pressure on an England side but If we don’t win the Euros it’ll be a massive failure. Apart from France, Spain, Portugal, then opposition looks weak. 
  • Chunes said:

One of the few choices with decent Management experience for the BAME role, only reason Powell had the job too no doubt

Would have been @ Middlesbrough when Southgate was there too.
    ? but BAME for BAME?