Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Auld Enemy vs England | 7:45pm KO - Live on C4 | Match Thread

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Philips gets a call up at playing a grand total of 6 mins this season for his club. 

think southgate gets to euros at least a semi final or needs to go. 

i do fear that we probably should of been euro 2021 champs and also got to a world cup final and we are going to see the end of the best players england have had for a long time 
    Plenty of time yet. The only concern is Kane but the midfield is so young and the defence on paper won’t be worse either. This group should be better in 2028 than in 2024. 
    fair comment 
    Fair comment if you take Kane out of the picture... we need a young striker to come through, as we literally have no alternative at the moment
    Rashford comes inside, Winger steps up. Short term solution until one does come through. 
    What about Evan Ferguson?
    Capped for Oireland. 
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Philips gets a call up at playing a grand total of 6 mins this season for his club. 

i do fear that we probably should of been euro 2021 champs and also got to a world cup final and we are going to see the end of the best players england have had for a long time 
    Plenty of time yet. The only concern is Kane but the midfield is so young and the defence on paper won’t be worse either. This group should be better in 2028 than in 2024. 
    fair comment 
    Fair comment if you take Kane out of the picture... we need a young striker to come through, as we literally have no alternative at the moment
    Rashford comes inside, Winger steps up. Short term solution until one does come through. 
    Not sure the Irish are over Rice switching yet!
    Meh... Just means they've got him a bit of International Experience for us doesnt it? ;)
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    I've never agreed with the Irish moans as Rice (and Grealish) aren't Irish. In fact Ferguson (who I wouldn't want England to have stolen) is more English than Rice is Irish!
  • Ive never really put pressure on an England side but If we don’t win the Euros it’ll be a massive failure. Apart from France, Spain, Portugal, then opposition looks weak. 
    I thought the teams in Scotland's group weren't strong?
  • Ive never really put pressure on an England side but If we don’t win the Euros it’ll be a massive failure. Apart from France, Spain, Portugal, then opposition looks weak. 
    I never said that.

Anyone that thinks Spain aren’t gonna be competitive are mental. Got some fabulous young players that will grow into international football.
  • edited September 2023
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    I've never agreed with the Irish moans as Rice (and Grealish) aren't Irish. In fact Ferguson (who I wouldn't want England to have stolen) is more English than Rice is Irish!
    Cheeky cnuts!  We gave them Tony O'Cascarin!!
  • Souness just got that spot on btw
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    Then he shouldn’t have played for them. Great that he’s playing for England now but can understand how the Irish aren’t happy about it.

• Can’t believe it took the Irish so long to find him.
    I bet the UK feed had him up before the game began.
    Poor Rod, no respect.

Jude Bellingham, my word, you are top drawer 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Souness just got that spot on btw
    Totally agree 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    Then he shouldn’t have played for them. Great that he’s playing for England now but can understand how the Irish aren’t happy about it.
    What a shame 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023

Can’t believe it took the Irish so long to find him.
    Poor Rod, no respect.

Looking at the score it’s no wonder the bloke next to him has a long face 
    I never said that.

Anyone that thinks Spain aren’t gonna be competitive are mental. Got some fabulous young players that will grow into international football.
    'Think it shows that Scotland’s Euro qualifier group is pretty weak' - Norway and Spain then?
    I never said that.

'Think it shows that Scotland’s Euro qualifier group is pretty weak' - Norway and Spain then?
    Once again, I never said that?
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    What a shame 🤣
    Oh don’t worry mate, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.
  • Wow, just watched the Bellingham interview - mentioned emotional intelligence to Shrek before the game.

Bellingham really seems to be the real deal and that's not just his talent - mature beyond his years; self-deprecating, good humour, confident and competent without a hint of arrogance - interesting to read about his parents' influence and in his life and ongoing part of it. And his current and previous teams NOT being Premier League -  I believe his father suggested going to Germany as opposed to Man U
  • Agreed - Kane is out at any point - you play todays formation:

Foden Bellingham Saka
                 Rashford

Scary.
    You've got Scary playing out wide. Wouldn't he be better thorough the middle? 
  • edited September 2023
    Chunes said:
    Great result and always nice to see Charlton legend Chris Powell replaced on the England bench by Charlton legend Jimmy-Floyd Hasslebaink
    Seriously, how has this even happened?

One of the few choices with decent Management experience for the BAME role, only reason Powell had the job too no doubt

Would have been @ Middlesbrough when Southgate was there too.
    ? but BAME for BAME?
    "I'm gonna live forever"
    "I'm gonna learn how to fly high"
    "I feel it coming together"
    "People will see me and cry"

"Bame!"
  • Before the game I expected Scotland to be really up for it, and England to struggle with Scotland's intensity.

Instead it was almost the other way round. It probably didn't help Scotland that after a poor performance against Ukraine, the England players had something to prove.
  • Before the game I expected Scotland to be really up for it, and England to struggle with Scotland's intensity.

Instead it was almost the other way round. It probably didn't help Scotland that after a poor performance against Ukraine, the England players had something to prove.
    Agreed and was odd
  • Thought the announcer announcing the Scotland goalscorer as Harry Maguire own goal was really poor form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get in England. That’s for Jimmy Hill that is 💪

• Can’t believe it took the Irish so long to find him.
    Poor Rod, no respect.

Think that’s his son Alastair (the one on the left to save confusion ) my eldest , 17 , went to Tiny Tots nursery with him near Epping many moons ago . On the rare occasion I took him it was never Rod or Penny who took him to it, think it was her mum.
    Andy Carroll lives in Rods old gaff in Epping , his wife’s nephew goes to school with my youngest little shit .
    The Epping family der der der der 
  • There's every chance that when it's all said and done Bellingham will be better regarded than Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard which is some achievement.

We need to win something with this batch, this is the best England squad we have had since I've been alive. I really hope Southgate can push us that one step further next time. 
  • The Scots will have been celebrating a 3-1 defeat against the Auld Enemy.
  • In the understandable attention on Jude Bellingham I think Phil Foden has gone a bit under the radar.

Best England performance for a while. Looked brilliant at times. 
    There were quite a few that stood out, I thought Dunk actually had a very good game as did Foden and even Phillips considering he’s been on a gap year while at city. Jude is just a level ahead of most midfielders in the world at present. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

fair comment 
    Rashford is not a central striker though. He's generally been poor there for United. He's far more comfortable and effective coming in from the left.
    I wouldn't say it will be a massive failure if we don't win it, especially as you've just named 3 other sides who could all say the same.

To me though, our defence is what will cost us. If we had the current side and then (for example) Terry and Rio at centre back then no one would touch us. 
  • In the understandable attention on Jude Bellingham I think Phil Foden has gone a bit under the radar.

Best England performance for a while. Looked brilliant at times. 
    That’s the exciting thing about this team, we’ve always had a talisman in Rooney, beckham, Kane etc, but now we’ve got Kane, foden, Bellingham, Saka, that the opposition has to mark out of the game and are genuine match winners and would be talismans in their own right. I don’t think there are very many international teams that can stop 4 players from playing their game and then enforce their game on England. 
    I wouldn't say it will be a massive failure if we don't win it, especially as you've just named 3 other sides who could all say the same.

To me though, our defence is what will cost us. If we had the current side and then (for example) Terry and Rio at centre back then no one would touch us. 
    I think now pogbas imploded and mbappe messed around psg and Madrid etc France look good for their once every generation complete collapse imo. Wonder what odds for them to go out at the group stage.