Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Awful appointment. Think I'm gonna take a break from the club for a while tbh. 
    I don’t see how anyone can take a break! Whenever I get fed up I attempt a ‘break’ but I still end up crawling back to the next game! 
  • He's definitely wouldn't be my choice but let's hope he can get the best out of what his got to work with 
    With this appointment shows exactly the lack of ambition our new owners have for our club 
  • NabySarr said:
    Positives:

Works well with young players and we have a young squad

Gets good loans from PL teams as they trust him to develop their youngsters (not really a positive for now but for future transfer windows)

More experience at league 1 level than our previous managers 

Negatives:

His record is pretty average. Only one promotion and it was a while back in league 2. Mixed record outside of that, but he has worked at a few basket case clubs.

Other candidates with recent league 1 promotion were available, Richardson, Bowyer, Moore etc. Does look like a bit of a lack of ambition/underwhelming appointment 
    Can you move gets good loans from PL teams to negatives from the positives.

He won't be here when the next transfer window opens.
  • But of a cheddar cheese sandwich appointment without any pickles or sauce
    Disrespectful to Cheddar imo.
  • Seems a good day to break my CL self enforced retreat and start posting again. Or maybe not, well see. Like most it seems my whelm is very much undered and I think he has a no more than a handful of games to turn it around. I'm not at all confident.

FWIW, and in a true football forum cliché, my Oxford supporting relative rates him and says there's still a lot of man love for him there. But that came with a proviso that's under a good board and with lots of stability at the club...so the opposite of us really. 
  • seth plum said:
    First game in charge will be at Stevenage.
    Win it then.
    Plum, did you know he was educated at public school, voted brexit, and loves his steak served rare? 

I think that's why Methven chose him.
        So he’s got F—K ALL to inspire anyone    
        obviously I wish him well but unfortunately 
        Have to agree with many of the opinions on 
        This forum.
        😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Mr Scott.
    I also know what it takes to get promoted.
    Enough points.
    One or two others know that as well.
    What else convinced you that Appleton will get us enough points to win promotion this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• #shitshow

• Coaches Voice  Cut short

How he thinks he'll look watching us play out from the back

Hibs locked in fresh Michael Appleton talks after last-minute hitch  The  Scottish Sun

How he'll actually look, watching us play out from the back 

Top picture reminds me of the David Brent photoshoot from ‘The Office’.
  • Obviously really hope he does well, but his appointment and the transfer window should remove the notion we are owned by billionaires.

My guess is top half finish but 15-20 points off play offs
    Surely that’s very unlikely finishing both top half and also finishing 15-20 points outside playoff places?
  • Oh dear, what a beige appointment,very blando…never mind prob won’t be here long anyways…but obvs with all hope it works out for him & us but…meh…!!!
  • after Adkins, yesterdays  man mark 2 .. hope he proves us all wrong, his record suggests that he won't  :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing against him personally, and I appreciate we may not be able attract/want to pay for better, but this is a pathetic appointment 

He may well have a bit of a bounce, I think he could be gone by March, and he’s very much a manager that fits a league one club looking to cement 13th

This post may come back to make me look silly, and I’ll have to eat humble pie, but really not feeling this at all
  • About as inspiring as planning a night out with your pals and ending up in a Wetherspoons all night.

Yeah but that is also done on the cheap…🍻
  • masicat said:
    Ha Ha - his contract at Lincoln runs out in 2025 and his contract at Blackpool runs out in 2026. His new contact at Charlton runs out before his old contract at Blackpool. So you could say he has 3 contracts . 
    We sack him in March 2024 and he joins Shrewsbury , he will then have 4 contracts. This crap manager lark is not to be sniffed at. 
    Set for life once you’re on the merry go round. 
  • cabbles said:
    Nothing against him personally, and I appreciate we may not be able attract/want to pay for better, but this is a pathetic appointment 

He may well have a bit of a bounce, I think he could be gone by March, and he’s very much a manager that fits a league one club looking to cement 13th

This post may come back to make me look silly, and I’ll have to eat humble pie, but really not feeling this at all
    You're not alone and happy to proved wrong, i'm not even convinced we'll get a bounce out of him.
  • DRAddick said:

Whoever first posted this as a joke, i hope you're happy with yourself. 
    Gonna start posting a pic of Pep Guardiola every time there is Manager talk now.
    Or Mila Kunis, at least it will give some of our fan base some short lived happiness.
  • Onto important topics, is he still tonk?
  • cabbles said:
    Nothing against him personally, and I appreciate we may not be able attract/want to pay for better, but this is a pathetic appointment 

You're not alone and happy to proved wrong, i'm not even convinced we'll get a bounce out of him.
    plus he received a huge compensation payment in 2007 (circa £1.5 Million) for knee surgery that went very wrong .. according to wiki
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Cue the madness….
    Cue the meltdown ...... 

• Disappointed to be honest.  Just hope he can start with a win v Stevenage (and progress).  The team need confidence instilled asap as much as us long suffering fans!