Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crawley vs Charlton | EFL Trophy | Tues 5th Sept 2023 [+ POST P21]

Comments

• Ooo so close... Campbell falls inside the area, but the referee gives a free kick, probably the right call.
  • Bit early to have decided we have won this.
  • Has Kirk actually touched the ball yet!!!
    Couple of times, but not much.
  • Should have been a yellow for that challenge on Campbell
  • edited September 2023
    Southbank said:
    Mickey mouse game, our season would be better off if we didn't get through the group! 
    Yes, why would we want to give our youngsters and reserves the opportunity to play competitive mens football.
    Did you read the earlier pages when we were losing? ;)
  • Be interesting to see how Crawley get on against Newport on Saturday 
    His ball to Leaburn set up our second goal 
  • Cleverer free kick than we're used to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My eyes do they deceive me, I think.... I think that was a... Set piece routine?
  • My eyes do they deceive me, I think.... I think that was a... Set piece routine?
    What happened?
  • Oh good work between Campbell and Chin - Kirk had drifted into centre and was beaten by the Centre-Back.

Terry saying that Kirk wasnt expecting the CB to get back, and was waiting for the ball to get to him, rather than going to it... He wasnt wrong.
  • ross1 said:
    My eyes do they deceive me, I think.... I think that was a... Set piece routine?
    What happened?
    Short pass between three Charlton players, ball was laid across the edge of the box and Campbell blazed over
  • Why do the false run up when that just brings all their players closer to Watson putting more pressure on it?
  • Oh good run from Edun, links up well with Watson, who plays Edun in, but his shot flies over.
  • Liking the look of Watson 
    his ball forward led to the second goal, wasn’t executed too well but a good idea 
  • Poor effort but Edun has looked really up for this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Interesting that T.Campbell just has Campbell on his shirt, do they not need to distinguish anymore? 
    Don't they register the name and number combination and it can't be changed during the season?
    Should change it to Tupac
    I din't get this Tupac stuff.

Please explain. 
  • Def taken the wind out of Crawley with that quick double and now we need to bury them...
  • Oh should be 2-2

Lovely ball played to a Crawley lad who'd made a run behind our Defence out wide... He played a lovely ball across our goal mouth, but no Crawley player there to tap in.
  • sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Interesting that T.Campbell just has Campbell on his shirt, do they not need to distinguish anymore? 
    Don't they register the name and number combination and it can't be changed during the season?

Please explain. 
    His middle name is Tupac 
  • sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Please explain. 
    Middle name
  • Kirk then plays a lovely ball into the opposition box - Misses everyone, and just about goes out for a Goal Kick.
  • Mickey mouse game, our season would be better off if we didn't get through the group! 
    Agree it’s Mickey Mouse but would be more than happy with a day out at Wembley.
  • sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Please explain. 
    its his middle name mate ;)
  • Campbell breaks into the area, and shoots straight at the Goalkeeper who uncomfortably gathers
  • sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Please explain. 
    Full name: Tyreece Anthony Tupac Shakur Campbell