Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crawley vs Charlton | EFL Trophy | Tues 5th Sept 2023 [+ POST P21]

edited September 2023 in General Charlton
Charlton: Isted; Chin, Elerewe, Ness, Edun; Dobson, Taylor, L.Watson; T.Campbell, Leaburn, Kirk

Subs: Molyneux, Laqeretabua, Roddy, Kedwell, C.Campbell, Kanu, Tedic

Comments

• edited September 2023
    Guess its a very simple 4-3-3 tonight.

Glad that Campbell isn't actually injured after Saturday

Are we gonna see our first Fijian in an Addicks shirt
  • Good to see C Campbell 
  • Lots of new faces brought in and Kirk still gets a game .
  • Video Passes are available on the OS to watch this game.
  • Crawley: Ashby-Hammond, Forster, Mukena, Ransom, Omole, Darcy, Johnson, Roles, Khaleel, Swyer, Lolos

Subs: Addai, Wright, Kelly, Brown, Kastrati, Tsaroulla
  • Lots of new faces brought in and Kirk still gets a game .
    He's here now until January... Hopefully he can put himself in the shop window for then, with some decent performances in games that matter diddly squat.
  • Not at all a fan of Kirk, but got to hope he does well tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Also T. Watson not even on the bench so doesn't look like he's close to being ready. 
  • Disappointing that the RB Watson doesn't feature, it looks like he's well off match fitness 
  • Most interested in seeing Taylor, and possibly Tedic off the bench.
  • The plan is for Tyreece to draw fouls in attacking areas and we then score when Leaburn gets on the end of Taylor’s free kicks.
    See also corners.
  • edited September 2023
    Looks an ok side, but can't see Leaburn being risked for more than the first half, looking forward to seeing what Tedic and Watson offer, and some good youngsters on the bench, could be interesting game...
  • Video Passes are available on the OS to watch this game.
    Last year they "forgot" to turn the £7 subscription feed off.
  • All this talk of a young squad, this the most experienced team we have fielded in this comp for a while.
  • Good to see Leaburn start. Should be akin to preseason for him.

Surprised Dobbo is starting. Have a feeling Camara is quite crocked then.

Should be a good game.
  • Who's the sub keeper? I don't know where some of the youngsters play.
  • Crawley only put out 3 from their first 11. Very nervy seeing Miles starting but I guess he has to build his fitness somehow. Big night for the defence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's the sub keeper? I don't know where some of the youngsters play.
    Molyneux 
  • Personally think it's a bit soon after injury to be starting Leaburn and I'd have started Tedic who obviously also needs minutes. Maybe the plan is to give both 45 minutes?
  • If this was an U21 fixture, which unofficially it is, would anyone worry that Leaburn is starting?
  • The ref a non league ref .. never been in charge of a game between two league sides 

great ….
  • Have picture on the stream but no sound?
  • Personally think it's a bit soon after injury to be starting Leaburn and I'd have started Tedic who obviously also needs minutes. Maybe the plan is to give both 45 minutes?
    Yes, in which case it's good that he can get a proper warm up before starting.
  • The ref a non league ref .. never been in charge of a game between two league sides 

great ….

Same for both teams I guess.
  • What’s the word on Camara and Fraser’s injuries? Thought the former would be back by now 
  • Paid the ten quid. getting pictures with no sound too.
    I would be more than happy with the pictures and the ambient sound.