Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crawley vs Charlton | EFL Trophy | Tues 5th Sept 2023 [+ POST P21]

Comments

• Our set pieces truly are dogshit, the terrible medium throws by May (I refuse to call them long throws) the awful corners where we either try to absolutely nail it into the six yard box with about 15 men in there, or play it short and then fail to clear the first man. And there's no difference with different takers either, Fraser, Taylor, Payne, Campbell, they all take them the exact same way
  • We are so ponderous - move it quicker - I was tempted to go to this - not regretting deciding against it at this stage !!!
  • edited September 2023
    Ness and Deji keep passing to each other, Ness gets closed down and loses the ball. Crawley win a throw deep.
  • FFS 1-0 down we will win this But we don't make it easy for ourselves 
  • Seriously, what the actual fuck are we even trying to do back there? Embarrassing.
  • So sorry for Chinn, sadly this is the sort of player who should have gone on loan to Bromley, the kids confidence is going to be ruined!

He has had a loan but was slap bang average. Unfortunately, I do not see him making it with us
  • And we give it away again at the back. Ness this time.
  • Argh all that good running by Campbell and he couldn't get the ball to Leaburn
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think I've seen centre backs pass to each other as much as that before. Six times I think, then lost the ball. 
  • Watson is looking tidy
    Think he shaved before the match.
  • sam3110 said:
    Argh all that good running by Campbell and he couldn't get the ball to Leaburn
    Very disappointing attempt to play in Leaburn
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It’s clear as day after 10 mins how much time and space other teams have compared to when we get the ball. That’s got to be down to how we set up. So many passengers.
    I know some of our "rejects" go to League 2 and "small" league 1 clubs but how many players have we had over the last 3 years that just phone it in?

We play teams like Fleetwood and Burton and their players look like they are trying, almost every time.

Honestly it can't be all the players, but equally it can't be ALL the managers either 🤷 
    No I agree it’s a strange one. Sometimes I look and think you lazy bastard but other times like they’re confused as to whether they should press or hold. I’ve always said the intelligence of our players is pony.
  • Leaburn very much playing within himself, and not really up to speed, give him 10 minutes and get Kanu on..and hopefully Tedic later, but Campbell on his own at the moment...
  • edited September 2023
    Crawley showing us how.its done playing some nice keep ball and then the ball forward to feet to a Crawley player haha 
  • Ness has def gone backwards it seems. 
  • ross1 said:
    A lot of goals on SSN ... but not ours ... thank goodness  :)
    What channel ??  Couldn't see anything last time I looked.
  • Ness, Taylor and Chin all looking off it today for me, think Watson showing some positive signs but pretty turgid again so far 
  • Looking miles off it so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Elerewe has a problem I've noticed, he pushes up with his man way too high, and because none of the other defenders do it, he leaves a gaping hole behind him. Happened in a game a couple of weeks ago and it's happening here again
  • Midfield is almost nowhere to be seen, we are being overrun all over the pitch, just look so lazy for some reason...
  • That Deji attempted diag to Campbell has non league written all over it needs that coached out of him 
  • Ness has def gone backwards it seems. 
    He can't rely on the 3 at the back tax tonight 
  • edited September 2023
    ross1 said:
    A lot of goals on SSN ... but not ours ... thank goodness  :)
    What channel ??  Couldn't see anything last time I looked.
    409, but they are covering all sports. They were giving running scores at the bottom
  • Referee blows for a foul on Leaburn (He's fine) - Greg Stubley saying that had the referee waited then Taylor had played a ball to Kirk who was through.
  • So sorry for Chinn, sadly this is the sort of player who should have gone on loan to Bromley, the kids confidence is going to be ruined!

If he can't cope with Crawley reserves .....
  • Their midfield is strolling through ours.
  • How can we be so bad every game. We look so amateur again.
  • Midfield 3 is just not working. Change it up now.