Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crawley vs Charlton | EFL Trophy | Tues 5th Sept 2023 [+ POST P21]

Comments

• IT_Andy said:
    Left handside getting caught all the time. Kirk not coming back 
    Yeah, but look at all of the bombing forward he's been doing .....

• Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Interesting that T.Campbell just has Campbell on his shirt, do they not need to distinguish anymore? 
    Don't they register the name and number combination and it can't be changed during the season?
    Should change it to Tupac
    I din't get this Tupac stuff.

Please explain. 
    its his middle name mate ;)
    Thanks

But we dont call any other players by their middle name. And it started before we signed the other Campbell. 

Weird fans we have 🙄.
    I know it's like someone naming a combination and order of goals scored after themselves 😉

Weird indeed.
    I don’t think Golfie named it - we called it that after he originally posted a stat he heard the we had gone X amount of games without coming back from a goal behind 
  • Kirk's been fine. He's not the problem out there (that'd be the centre halves) 
  • We just can't nail starting a game, holding on till half time or seeing out full time. 
  • We've looked good in patches and bad in patches, but real schoolboy defending from Ness but not all his fault, we just seem to turn off at the wrong moments everywhere, very strange to watch...
  • 2 sides who can play the ball around and seemingly have ability to score, however there were quite a few sloppy periods of play that could have resulted in more goals for either side. Both defences looked like they could leak like a sieve, and did. This game could end 5-5. So open and actually enjoyable to watch, despite poor quality at the back and front. Kirk not the worst, but can see why no clubs wanted to pay top wages to take him on loan. The youngsters look like just that. Inexperienced and playing for fun without fear, but without the quality. Not too fused if we go out of this cup. The league is going to challenge this group, more than enough this season. 
  • Well it's going well for me

I missed the first goal as my bag was being checked and it was in the first min

Missed the second as my camera bright mode wasnt working 

Missed the third as I was changing batteries 

Managed to catch the 4th as a I was up and running by then.

2-1 eh, I know it isn't out first team at the back but there's still a lot of first teamers on the pitch 
  • In all honesty it's no wonder the defence can't be consistent when we're not picking consistently.
  • They look as bad at the back as us, hope we go two up top second half. Maybe switch to a 442
  • Sponsored links:

• I mean, it’s no excuse, but I have no idea why there was three mins of extra time, and even less idea why we were at 3.20 over when Crawley scored. The stadium scoreboard even carries on counting after 45.00, unlike ours, and so everyone could see it should have been stopped before the Crawley attack. This extra time thing has got completely out of control.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    In all honesty it's no wonder the defence can't be consistent when we're not picking consistently.
    2 defenders away on international duty, 2 more rested. It's hardly surprising they don't look very organised, especially with the lack of leadership 

• seth plum said:
    Paid the ten quid. getting pictures with no sound too.
    I would be more than happy with the pictures and the ambient sound.
    Ticket for the game was only a fiver - over 60
  • 2nd half Tedic on for Leaburn, Crawley making loads of subs.
  • He’s no Cullen or Gallagher - but this Watson lad is good - get him settled in, there is a fine player there 

Their 2nd goal - goal scorer sends the pass, and carries on his run - not tracked by anyone - amateur defending 

Hey ho - it’s better than watching Netflix and my Wife’s endless desire to watch incredibly poor horror films 

Mind you, could this end up an X rated horror …….. 😳
  • Tedic on for Leaburn second half...this should be good

• Leaburn replaced by Tedic at the break. Also Laqeretabua on for Chin #cafc
  • Laqeretabua & Tedic on

Chin & Leaburn off
  • Apparently Josh Lacqueretabua on for Richard Chin, but I didn't see that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine Chin has been replaced after his own recent spell out.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Another well taken goal.

Interesting that T.Campbell just has Campbell on his shirt, do they not need to distinguish anymore? 
    Don't they register the name and number combination and it can't be changed during the season?
    Should change it to Tupac
    I din't get this Tupac stuff.

Please explain. 
    its his middle name mate ;)
    Thanks

But we dont call any other players by their middle name. And it started before we signed the other Campbell. 

Weird fans we have 🙄.
    I know it's like someone naming a combination and order of goals scored after themselves 😉

Weird indeed.
    I don’t think Golfie named it - we called it that after he originally posted a stat he heard the we had gone X amount of games without coming back from a goal behind 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91075/league-list-of-games-since-won-after-conceding-first-goal-of-the-game/p1

• BACK UNDERWAY! Crawley have made a double substitution. Will Wright and Liam Kelly have replaced Harry Ransom and Ronan Darcy.
  • Slobbo and Dobbo, surely we can make a song out of that
  • Tedic doesnt actually look that tall - He's only an inch shorter than me...
  • Cross in from Taylor towards Tedic, comes through to Kirk but he's offside.
  • Kirk offside... Balance to the Universe, as all things should be
  • Tedic virtually having his shirt taken off there