Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Crawley vs Charlton | EFL Trophy | Tues 5th Sept 2023 [+ POST P21]

Comments

• Leaburn was a planned sub, rather than an injury I presume. 
  • mendonca said:
    Leaburn was a planned sub, rather than an injury I presume. 
    Same as Chin
  • Lqrtbua concedes a free kick in our half but nothing comes of it.
  • I mean, it’s no excuse, but I have no idea why there was three mins of extra time, and even less idea why we were at 3.20 over when Crawley scored. The stadium scoreboard even carries on counting after 45.00, unlike ours, and so everyone could see it should have been stopped before the Crawley attack. This extra time thing has got completely out of control.It's a minimum added time.
  • More brain dead defending. Combined IQ of 12 at the back, who’s our defensive coach?
    3 years, 20 different center halves, 10 different managers and coaches.  What's the common denominator?
  • Interesting that Josh is being asked to play right back, usually plays centre back
  • We really want a youth team member to be the pinup boy of the right back position!
  • mendonca said:
    Leaburn was a planned sub, rather than an injury I presume. 
    Let's hope eh?  We can't be that unlucky?
  • sam3110 said:
    Tedic virtually having his shirt taken off there
    Perhaps the offender is trying to make an anagram of his name by making edict
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    More brain dead defending. Combined IQ of 12 at the back, who’s our defensive coach?
    3 years, 20 different center halves, 10 different managers and coaches.  What's the common denominator?
    The fans? It must be our fault!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    More brain dead defending. Combined IQ of 12 at the back, who’s our defensive coach?

We're all still here watching it...
  • sam3110 said:
    Interesting that Josh is being asked to play right back, usually plays centre back
    He played as a Left-Back for Fiji @ the U20 World Cup
  • Crawley passing it about, but not making many inroads in the final 3rd, and when the do Deji wins a free kick by our LH corner flag
  • edited September 2023
    Ooo almost a nice through ball from Kirk after a run from Edun, not quite enough pace on the pass and Tayo fouls his man in their box.
  • Edun and Kirk does kind of feel like it has potential 
  • Can't get the ball off Crawley at the moment. 
    Right on time, they play the ball out for a Charlton throw :D
  • Crawley look a lot tighter this half 
  • We have hardly touched the ball first 10m of this half
  • Sponsored links:

Just be patient, they're not looking dangerous. Mistakes will come. 
  • I mean, it’s no excuse, but I have no idea why there was three mins of extra time, and even less idea why we were at 3.20 over when Crawley scored. The stadium scoreboard even carries on counting after 45.00, unlike ours, and so everyone could see it should have been stopped before the Crawley attack. This extra time thing has got completely out of control.
    Because the board doesn't have seconds on it?  Round it up or round it down?  

If the actual added time was 3.20 and they showed 4 and blew up as we were about to score...
    Right on time, they play the ball out for a Charlton throw :D

"Let's give them something to cheer"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Can't get the ball off Crawley at the moment. 
    87th minute... Crawley 3-2 Charlton

Slip from X Charlton player, lets through the Crawley forward to score.
  • Edun needs to start looking before he crosses.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Can't get the ball off Crawley at the moment. 

They don't have to be with our defending 😅
  • sam3110 said:
    Tedic virtually having his shirt taken off there
    Perhaps the offender is trying to make an anagram of his name by making edict
    I love your sense of humour 🤣🤣🤣
  • Tedic with some nice pressing.

Interesting how we use Edun as an inverted full back quite often with him tucking into midfield when we have the ball
  • edited September 2023
    Screamer from dobbo
    He has got to do something now the transfer window is shut.