Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chem Campbell on season loan from Wolves (p8 - no he’s not, sent back)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Not sad to see him go but he will go on to have a career in the game and should be L1 minimum I reckon.

Certainly was better than Tedic, Abankwah and Camara but they are very low bars.
    Not sorry to see him go at all
    Apples not exactly effusive about Fraser all of a sudden as well - a very pleasant surprise "we won't stand in his way" not a ringing endorsement is it?
    With the rosy specs on, this all might make it a bit more likely a deal to get Dobbo to stay can be done, less deadwood mopping up wages and fewer faces to confuse the bumbling Apples when it comes to selecting his midfield engine room. 
  • Options
    Good player who was not played in his preferred position which seems to be Apples MO….
  • Options
    edited January 15
    IIRC he got a really good assist in one of his early appearances but that seemed to be about the peak for him. For whatever reason we've never used him as orthodox winger, which I think would best suit him, but he has struggled to really impact games. I liked that he tried to play on the front foot and be direct, but he maybe lacked just a smidge of pace to be able to rinse fullbacks in the way CBT can. Thought he was a bit harshly treated after the Cray Valley match in which he seemed to be made the fall guy when I though he actually played better than most (not saying much, admittedly). I wouldn't have wanted to re-sign him next season, so can't say I'm too bothered about him leaving. Hopefully frees up a squad space/some budget to get a player that better fits the way Appleton wants to play.
  • Options
    Not sad to see him go but he will go on to have a career in the game and should be L1 minimum I reckon.

Certainly was better than Tedic, Abankwah and Camara but they are very low bars.
    How did you work that one out? Better signing given the circumstances, but no way a better player
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    Saturday, first half injury time summed him up for me.

A Peterborough player has the ball 5 yards away from him. Instead of closing down, He stops running and screams at Dobbo, who has to run 20 yards across to cover and leaves our midfield out of shape.

He flattered to deceive. He got the ball and sometimes held on to it, but he offered nothing in terms of creativity, work rate or any kind of defensive cover. Saturday just confirmed what Appleton had already seen.
    Tbf I think fingers could be pointed at several other players for similar behaviour.

I suspect he’ll be at another L1 club before the end of Jan and I also suspect they utilise him better than MA. 
  • Options
    Off to Wycombe apparently 
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “Sent back” lol. 
    They played him Saturday!
    Wolves must have had enough of the crazy coaching. 
  • Options
    His L1 stats for his visit to us were:
    Avg Mark: 5.62
    Started: 9 games total of 708 minutes
    Came on as a sub: 3 games total of 92 minutes
    Goals: 2
    Assists: 3
    Injured: 1 game
    Bench but didn't play: 2
    Fouls: 11
    Yellows/Reds: 1/0
    Shots on target: 5
    Shots blocked: 11
    Missed: 5
    MoM: 1
    What was his MoM performance - Cray Valley at home?
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    “Sent back” lol. 
    And he was absolutely awful on Saturday, so maybe sent back after that as a "yeah he's not what we need"
  • Options
    Had high hopes after his first appearance but it all tailed off after that. Appleton clearly had no time for him and there’s no point speculating on the reason for that. Player a twat?  Manager a dunce?  Neither or both of the above?  We’ll never know. We’ve had worse players on loan but the bar for that is sitting on the grass. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    kentred2 said:
    “Sent back” lol. 
    And he was absolutely awful on Saturday, so maybe sent back after that as a "yeah he's not what we need"
    The speed with which Wolves found him another club perhaps suggests not. 
  • Options
    Wycombe's loss is our gain lol .. if yer no wot i meen
  • Options
    edited January 15
    Thought he looked quite handy on the right and centrally before Appleton decide to shut him out.

2 goals and 2 assists in 12 league appearances, has had more of an impact this season than Fraser.
  • Options
    His second loan there so going somewhere he's liked and wanted. Thought he showed moments of quality but not really enough, perhaps would've shown more had he not been frozen out for whatever reason. 
  • Options
    Will remember him for the £5 bet I lost to my son, me believing his name was Chem as in Chem-istry Campbell him believing his name was Chem as in Chem Chem Cheree… Dick Van Dyke vibes!

He was right, I was wrong, that is all I can remember about this player and he has been gone a mere few hours. Says it all…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 16
    His L1 stats for his visit to us were:
    Avg Mark: 5.62
    Started: 9 games total of 708 minutes
    Came on as a sub: 3 games total of 92 minutes
    Goals: 2
    Assists: 3
    Injured: 1 game
    Bench but didn't play: 2
    Fouls: 11
    Yellows/Reds: 1/0
    Shots on target: 5
    Shots blocked: 11
    Missed: 5
    MoM: 1
    Sorry to be dense @lancashirelad  but is ‘Shots blocked’ shots that he’s blocked, or shots he’s taken that were blocked?
  • Options
    Thought he looked quite handy on the right and centrally before Appleton decide to shut him out.

2 goals and 2 assists in 12 league appearances, has had more of an impact this season than Fraser.
    Id have more of an impact than Fraser this season.
  • Options
    Gone on loan to Wycombe he will do well there 
  • Options
    He'll be the star of the show at the end of April for the chairboys, obviously
    We'd better not be needing any points at that stage 😓
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

How did you work that one out? Better signing given the circumstances, but no way a better player

Cause Camara is permanently injured. Doesn't matter how good a player he is if he is never fit. Shouldn't have touched him after he was out last season. Let another club take those punts in future.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    Never really took to him. He is a bang average player but no more than that. 
  • Options
    a couple of answers:
    Off it: MoM was Oxford away with 6.26
    JS: his shots at goal blocked by someone else