Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chem Campbell on season loan from Wolves (p8 - no he’s not, sent back)

Comments

• Options
    So many of our fans still don't seem to recognise our level and plight!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Jock Campbell
    David Campbell
    Alan Campbell
    Tyreece Campbell
    Chem Campbell

Any other Campbells played for us? 
    Jemal Campbell Ryce
    There was 2 David Campbell’s who played for us in the 1980’s 
    the first was David Campbell who was a 17 year old school boy who went to local school Roan , he played 80 odd games and is now a successful investment banker . The second is David Campbell Northern Irish player, played 30 times for us around the same time as the other DC , think he is now involved in Soccer schools and coaching .

Did it on page 3 mate and if you get more than three likes I won’t be happy 😉
  • Options
    If he's better than  Kirk and DJ then it's improved the squad 
    I don't want to tempt fate but surely that is the lowest of low bars to clear! I don't expect him to be as good as Rak-Sakyi (though hopefully that's me being pessimistic) but someone else doing CBT numbers in addition to the original will be a bonus.
  • Options
    Looking at our bench last Saturday was so uninspiring. This lad appears to be highly rated at wolves, plays all across the front line, has a bit of league 1 experience so could be really valuable to us this season. I'll reserve judgment until I see him play, but fingers crossed he can have a similar impact to JRS. Obviously we need more players in, but at least we still appear to be working in things. COYA
  • Options
    Let us just hope he is fit enough to play on Saturday, which will make a change 
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Amazes me how many people on a discussion forum get upset about others sharing their thoughts.
    I get attacked all the time - I am negative about the owners and I may be proved wrong.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Amazes me how many people on a discussion forum get upset about others sharing their thoughts.
    I get attacked all the time - I am negative about the owners and I may be proved wrong.
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.
    More the fact that you say the same thing over and over and over again, drowning out everybody else.

We all got your message, if the owners spend money you'll be there to support the team and if they don't you won't. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Technical Director Andy Scott spoke to CharltonTV following the loan signing of promising forward Chem Campbell.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_xcic1h3a?feed=ffb9f603-c358-4ce8-b0d3-5f67c0fec53a&section=d1629432-df7c-497a-a58c-a573b1225ca1

"Had a number of clubs interested in him", Scott said that with a straight face.
    This is not to say I am unhappy with him coming in, I would like to think if he is coming from a premier league club he'll be an improvement on what we have at present.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Technical Director Andy Scott spoke to CharltonTV following the loan signing of promising forward Chem Campbell.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_xcic1h3a?feed=ffb9f603-c358-4ce8-b0d3-5f67c0fec53a&section=d1629432-df7c-497a-a58c-a573b1225ca1

"Had a number of clubs interested in him", Scott said that with a straight face.
    This is not to say I am unhappy with him coming in, I would like to think if he is coming from a premier league club he'll be an improvement on what we have at present.
    To be fair to the lad, a winger from the Dog & Partridge, who likes a pint or 7 the night before a game would be an improvement on what we've been watching.

Welcome Chem. Can you imagine if he got the number 10 shirt, he could have 10 CC on the back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    For anyone under 50, forget that last comment. 
    Life is a Minestrone 😉
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.
    More the fact that you say the same thing over and over and over again, drowning out everybody else.

We all got your message, if the owners spend money you'll be there to support the team and if they don't you won't. 
    How does that work exactly it? I can still hear you. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    For anyone under 50, forget that last comment. 
    Life is a Minestrone 😉
    I'm not in love with that one. 🤔
  • Options
    If he does well, you can imagine the headline:

"Chem Leaves Them Trailing"

(I'll get me coat)
  • Options
    Stefco said:

(I'll get me coat)

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Stefco said:

(I'll get me coat)

Ban pictures of a small Johnson 🧐
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.

Yes, a bit of an over-reaction.

I’ll be doing a fair few away games, but no money to Charlie boy and his merry gang until they spend.

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Uboat said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.

I’ll be doing a fair few away games, but no money to Charlie boy and his merry gang until they spend.

Hopefully we'll have an owner eventually that meets your standards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Uboat said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.

Well if you are happy with this lot I am happy for you..
  • Options
    If he has a sibling called Mike it would be the Chemical Brothers.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Uboat said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.

We've had poor owners for ages - it's hardly a reason not to go. I certainly don't think the current owners are great.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    BigDiddy said:
    Uboat said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.

We've had poor owners for ages - it's hardly a reason not to go. I certainly don't think the current owners are great.

Having poor owners, who lie to our faces and don't follow through with what is needed to take Charlton - a club that historically plays in a higher division than this one and has never spent four consecutive seasons in this shit league EVER before is a bloody good reason to not go!
  • Options
    CBT is also a Brummie. We seem to have had a number of Brummie wingers in recent years, when you add in Leko and Andre Green.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Uboat said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    BigDiddy said:
    ValleyBen said:
    It's not what you say.

Having poor owners, who lie to our faces and don't follow through with what is needed to take Charlton - a club that historically plays in a higher division than this one and has never spent four consecutive seasons in this shit league EVER before is a bloody good reason to not go!
    We've had plenty of poor owners - that's just the nature of football. It's not going to stop me going.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I've actually got some 'intel' and it's the classic 'i've got a mate who supports the club' 

Known this bloke for about a decade and he's spot on, started speaking to him earlier and he mentioned we've signed one of their players.

He's told me he's absolutely pants, says he's amazed they have kept him so long and there's literally no point in even having him around because he is nowhere near Wolves level. He doesn't even think he's championship quality but says he may get away with League 1 because well..it's league 1. 

He's watched Wolves his whole life so knows the standards of this league etc. He's said he isn't sure why it's even a loan and they should just be releasing him to us for free cause there's no chance it's a development project.

Now I wouldn't normally be worried but this lad is really happy go lucky, has experience in coaching and has family that work at the club, proper wolves & he's outright said to me it's a pure dud signing.

Thought it was worth a share, I am still slightly optimistic as it's hard to imagine a player more useless than DJ & Kirk, but he is absolutely adamant he's gonna be a no show most games and has said 'he has all the gear, no idea'. 

Bloody hell I hope he's wrong cause he's really made him out to be bad haha 
  • Options
    All well n good saying that but it seems he did the biz at Wycombe
  • Options
    I've actually got some 'intel' and it's the classic 'i've got a mate who supports the club' 

Known this bloke for about a decade and he's spot on, started speaking to him earlier and he mentioned we've signed one of their players.

He's told me he's absolutely pants, says he's amazed they have kept him so long and there's literally no point in even having him around because he is nowhere near Wolves level. He doesn't even think he's championship quality but says he may get away with League 1 because well..it's league 1. 

He's watched Wolves his whole life so knows the standards of this league etc. He's said he isn't sure why it's even a loan and they should just be releasing him to us for free cause there's no chance it's a development project.

Now I wouldn't normally be worried but this lad is really happy go lucky, has experience in coaching and has family that work at the club, proper wolves & he's outright said to me it's a pure dud signing.

Thought it was worth a share, I am still slightly optimistic as it's hard to imagine a player more useless than DJ & Kirk, but he is absolutely adamant he's gonna be a no show most games and has said 'he has all the gear, no idea'. 

Bloody hell I hope he's wrong cause he's really made him out to be bad haha 
    More telling than a 30 second video.
  • Options
    Never heard of Kermogant before he joined Charlton and he had an incredible spell with us. Let’s hope our experience is similar with Chem. Hopefully straight into the line up this weekend, no 3-4 weeks to get up to speed!
    But you can not compare Kermorgant and the youngster from Wolves for heaven sake.

One is just starting out.
    My guess is Wolves are very much in the shit behind the scenes and it is helping them out just as much as us.
    You really think his wages are going to have any impact on a premier league teams finances.