Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chem Campbell on season loan from Wolves (p8 - no he’s not, sent back)

Comments

• Options
    So he can play right across the front line, that will be useful. 
    Welcome Chem.

Still reckon we need an experienced target man though.
  • Options
    I doubt he’s considered by Holden as the answer to our striker problems but more likely one of the PL loans we’ve been working on for weeks. Versatile and knows the division from his successful time at Wycombe. Provided I’m right about the striker thing I think it’s a decent signing.
  • Options
    good that he can play left or right and as a 10 but we still need an out and out striker in.
  • Options
    Provisionally happy with this, let's hope it is the first of a flurry over the next 10 days.
  • Options
    Should be interesting, apparently can play across the front line, mainly on the left, but can switch to the right, and as a 10...could prove very useful, will wait and see how he works out, maybe Saturday from the bench ...🤷‍♂️

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    pronounced Kem??
    Can’t wait to hear curbs constantly call him Shem
    “JD”…
  • Options
    He looks rapid likes to take people on and plays on the right!! With CBT on the left and now this guy on the right surely we will score enough goals to counter the statutory 2 conceded 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Right. New signing. Let's start moaning about the bloke before we see him play
    They’ve already started on FaceAche Facebook!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never heard of him. On paper it looks a decent signing. Loads moaning that we haven't replaced Rak-Saki, this feels very much like that type of signing. 
  • Options
    Let's hope he has a similar impact as rak saki
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks talented from clips , am kind of wondering where he fits in formation wise if Holden does want to persist with 352 , looks very much a 433 winger 
    We have May though, who we signed to score 20+ a season. I think Chem Campbell will probably be used as a striker or maybe attacking midfielder in that 3-5-2. Plus he’s better than our current impact options from the bench. But we can’t abandon the plan before we’ve even tried it properly giving May a proper partner, that would seem very panic/reactionary and not a good sign 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks talented from clips , am kind of wondering where he fits in formation wise if Holden does want to persist with 352 , looks very much a 433 winger 
    We have May though, who we signed to score 20+ a season. I think Chem Campbell will probably be used as a striker or maybe attacking midfielder in that 3-5-2. Plus he’s better than our current impact options from the bench. But we can’t abandon the plan before we’ve even tried it properly giving May a proper partner, that would seem very panic/reactionary and not a good sign 

Yeah I did read the Wolves piece where they said he could operate as a 10 which gives us quite a bit of versatility if he can play wide , central and as a No10 . Just hope he's not the last attacking piece we bring in really. 
  • Options
    Looks better suited for a 433, rather than a 352. An ideal replacement for our own Campbell
  • Options
    Looks a solid player, and hopefully can go one better than CBT and have a good end product! I think he will only improve what May can give us too. 

Also Wolves seem a bit of a mess of a club atm, so won’t be too fazed coming here! 
  • Options
    I have no idea.  Let's see how the fella does, Good luck Chem.
  • Options
    Jock Campbell
    David Campbell
    Alan Campbell
    Tyreece Campbell
    Chem Campbell

Any other Campbells played for us? 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Bet Terry and Greg are delighted with he, two Campbells to contend with on comms hahaha
    We just need to sign Ladapo now 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    An astute signing imo - Can play a host of positions and whats to stop him playing up front next to May, he’s fast and strong.

Feel genuinely positive about this - let’s hope for more….
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    You could say the same about Campbell and CBT. None of these three are wingbacks
  • Options
    Jock Campbell
    David Campbell x2
    Alan Campbell
    Tyreece Campbell
    Chem Campbell

Yes we’ve had two David Campbells one a local lad the other from Nottingham Forest IIRC 😉.
  • Options
    Jock Campbell
    David Campbell
    Alan Campbell
    Tyreece Campbell
    Chem Campbell

Jamal Campbell-Ryce
  • Options
    Never trust a Campbell
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Never trust a Campbell
    Agreed mate they always leave you in the soup 😉
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Never trust a Campbell
    Good job we haven't got a McDonald playing for us !
  • Options
    On paper this has all the hallmarks of a good signing at this level. Played 5 times two seasons ago for the team that came 13th in the Prem, and had a decent spell for a team that came above us last season.

On pace for 12 goals for a winger. Plays opposite side to CBT by the looks. What’s not to like?
  • Options
    The sad/good thing is that any half decent Premier league teen should be better than the vast majority of players in our league. Will be nice to have an additional attacking outlet with CBT
  • Options
    I've not heard of or seen Chem Campbell but I'm confident he will be an upgrade on Kirk and Jaiyesimi.
    Welcome Chem.