Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chem Campbell on season loan from Wolves (p8 - no he’s not, sent back)

Comments

• Options
    Like the look of him. I think when all fit our attacking set looks really promising and full of good prospects.

It's our inability to stop shipping goals that needs urgent attention.
  • Options
    Hopefully we still get Ladapo 😂
  • Options
    Welcome to the Valley Chem
  • Options
    “He is another young, ambitious player, who has had a number of clubs after him but after speaking to Dean and understanding where he was going to be playing, how we play, the chances we create and the opportunities he will get, he was very keen to come.” 

They did it haha.

Tbf though I know sod all about him, looks decent from that little montage Vs Accrington. I had 0 expectations from Jes and he was quality. 

Hope the move works out for himself and us, good luck to him
  • Options
    Looks talented from clips , am kind of wondering where he fits in formation wise if Holden does want to persist with 352 , looks very much a 433 winger 
  • Options
    Looks as though he got more minutes as the season went on for Wycombe, so we’re picking up a quickly improving youngster, scored 3 in 12 apps and many of the 12 were from the bench.  Played some games left wing some right but mainly right.  Fairly excited by this one just a shame he comes in with such a crap start as the demand will be that he starts quick.  
  • Options
    He looks pretty rapid and athletic. He'll certainly be able to help press from the front. 
  • Options
    Don’t know much about him but seems to have done well last year in this league and seems better than Payne, Kirk and DJ. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I assume Holden will shortly inform us that he hasn’t had a proper close season / played a lot of football recently. 

What will his injury of choice be I wonder?

Seriously be nice to think it is someone who is ready to play immediately and have an impact. 
  • Options
    He looks physically strong and tricky, could see him being deployed behind a main striker as well as wide.
  • Options
    sounds like a similar kind of player to our own Campbell but maybe a year or two ahead?
  • Options
    Wish we’d had him two games ago! Could have been on 9 points instead of 3. Pretty sure he will go straight into the team on Saturday to play alongside May or as 3 with CBT. He’ll be needed too because the  level of opposition on Saturday is going to jump up. 
  • Options
    Always willing to give a new player a chance. Looks a bit raw but then so was JRS. Tall for a "winger" but it says he can play anywhere across the front so at least it gives us options & some height up there.

Looking forward to seeing him against Fleetwood.....as long as he hasn't been injured by then 😂 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    He has lots of potential.   3 in 12 last year isn't pulling up trees.  I hope he's developed in the close season. 

We're not short of promising youngsters.

We need experienced, ready pros too.  And quickly.
    Decent return for a winger though, should have developed in his time at Wycombe. A player who could potentially score double figures if he does well and gets the game time.

Going to be interesting to see how we use him.
  • Options
    Not a clue but encouraged to read he had a positive loan spell at Wycombe. 

Straight into the squad for Saturday or is that an insane suggestion for this club? 
  • Options
    Bet Terry and Greg are delighted with he, two Campbells to contend with on comms hahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    No brainer for him, chance to play alongside his brother.
    If Bowyer was still here we'd have had the Chemical Brothers.
  • Options
    Couple of headers in there last we need someone who can head a ball in the box until leaburn comes back 
  • Options
    all these stats  are all very well but what is his squad number?
  • Options
    I’ll never give new players a chance . It unsettles the squad. If we’d just stuck with the original starting side from 1905, we would have such a (de)composed team.
  • Options
    Aslong CAFCTOM gives him a go..thats enough for me.
  • Options
    all these stats  are all very well but what is his squad number?
    It will end in a 7 looking at his history.

Maybe we move DJ on before Saturday and he takes the 7 from him
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    supaclive said:
    He has lots of potential.   3 in 12 last year isn't pulling up trees.  I hope he's developed in the close season. 

We're not short of promising youngsters.

We need experienced, ready pros too.  And quickly.
    Decent return for a winger though, should have developed in his time at Wycombe. A player who could potentially score double figures if he does well and gets the game time.

Going to be interesting to see how we use him.
    Maybe not the new JRS. How about the new Aribo* ......?

* Hope springs eternal in the human breast  :neutral: