Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    After their second Holden and Senda just sat there looking shocked. Even now he doesn't look like he's recovered. 

Over the last two weeks I've constantly thought about what the Not Top 20 podcast said: Charlton made some excellent signings, and the biggest question is how good is Dean Holden?

Obviously injuries are a huge problem at the moment, but I don't feel like this side has an identity. We're not possession, we're not hoofball, we're not strong defensively, we're not counter attack, we're kind of a little of everything and a lot of nothing. We seen to just hope that our quality will outshine theirs. 

Dean seems like a lovely guy and a great ambassador. But I have serious questions about his tactical abilities. We lump the ball into the channels and bypass the midfield a lot, and that takes our strongest part of the team out of the game. We have four good L1 CBs and we don't defend well.

I...am worried. I wonder how patient the new owners will be. 
    Good post. This sums it up for me. It’s worrying for me that we couldn’t contain the game after we went 1-0 up. We should have been able to contain the game and then build on it. Instead it was a slow progression to go 2-1 down. And only then did we wake up again. Why is that!?
    Definitely a cause for concern. 
  • Options
    May’s left foot shot tipped over the bar
  • Options
    Cracking shot from May's weak foot. 
  • Options
    Just can't get that goal
  • Options
    We have them under the caut but I have no idea what formation we're playing. It's park football. 
  • Options
    We are getting some great chances, a lovely May shot tipped over for a corner...COYR
  • Options
    Front 2 score.

Thats the way to do it. 
    If only we had a front 3.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lovely turn from Kanu but the left foot volley goes wide
  • Options
    1. 80'

Substitution

Substitution, Charlton Athletic. Terell Thomas replaces Tayo Edun.

• Options
    At least we have changed from a 45 minutes side to a 60 minute one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    We have them under the caut but I have no idea what formation we're playing. It's park football. 
    From what I can work out it's:

AMB in goal,

Everyone else not 
  • Options
    Wonderful shot outside the box from Dobson tipped round the post for a corner...so near there
    And the resulting corner ???
    Sorry Golfie, forgot you were there...came to nothing...🙄
  • Options
    1. 82'

Post update

Attempt missed. Daniel Kanu (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Diallang Jaiyesimi with a cross following a corner.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    It might be 3-4-1-2 with CBT at LWB and DJ as the 10 behind the two strikers 
  • Options
    Asiimwe and Anderson looking a bit leggy now. 
  • Options
    I can still see us losing this 🤣
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Spread out.
  • Options
    Smith just blocked a goal
  • Options
    I can see us winning this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Alfie nearly.

Their CB gets a good block in.
  • Options
    Oxford 1-3
  • Options
    Fuck my life
  • Options
    Thomas thrown to the floor in the box there.
  • Options
    1. 86'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Nathan Smith.

• Options
    Tyler Goodrham sounds like someone from Neighbours.

Sorry as you were.
  • Options
    That's the sort of relentless positivity that has become firmly embedded in our psyche over the last 15 years...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Cnut it 
  • Options
    Lol it was coming 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    2-3.....I fucking give up 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!