Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• CBT gets in behind and then his cross picks out a defender…. again. 

We’re the most predictable fucking team in history. Seen this same shit what feels like every week for half a decade.

All the same problems and mistakes on and off the pitch just being repeated over and over and over again.

I feel stuck in some kind of football purgatory and I’m really really bored of it now. 
    This 
  • 4 points off the play offs
    2 points off relegation. 
  • SDAddick said:
    After their second Holden and Senda just sat there looking shocked. Even now he doesn't look like he's recovered. 

Over the last two weeks I've constantly thought about what the Not Top 20 podcast said: Charlton made some excellent signings, and the biggest question is how good is Dean Holden?

Obviously injuries are a huge problem at the moment, but I don't feel like this side has an identity. We're not possession, we're not hoofball, we're not strong defensively, we're not counter attack, we're kind of a little of everything and a lot of nothing. We seen to just hope that our quality will outshine theirs. 

Dean seems like a lovely guy and a great ambassador. But I have serious questions about his tactical abilities. We lump the ball into the channels and bypass the midfield a lot, and that takes our strongest part of the team out of the game. We have four good L1 CBs and we don't defend well.

I...am worried. I wonder how patient the new owners will be. 
     Heard that too.
    He's a bit of an unknown entity is Holden. Don't forget that.
  • Love how ex ref Mike Dean is trying to defend a red card when all the pro footballers are saying its only a yellow. 

Refs stick together. 
    Or he knows the rules and the ex players don't?
  • When you look at the goal mouth scrambles that we get nothing from actually proves this club is cursed.
  • Need at least 4 players or else mid table beckons…
    Mid-table beckoning is probably a positive spin on the current team position...

Working on my Saturday meltdown.
  • Oh goody DJ coming on
    1. 66'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Nathan Asiimwe (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.

1. 67'

Post update

Daniel Kanu (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 67'

Post update

Foul by Alex Iacovitti (Port Vale).

• Looking at the positives, we played really well again for 60 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Need at least 4 players or else mid table beckons…
    What makes you think Mid table???!
  • ross1 said:
    Exeter winning 0-1, no not him
    And that sends us up a place to 17th !
  • edited January 25
    Fucking toilet watching us for the last 3 seasons. 
    Owned and run by c***s 
  • Jayajosh said:
    Looking at the positives, we played really well again for 60 minutes.
    You sure it was as much as that  :)
  • Ufff vale almost set up May but he can't reach it, we keep possession and win a corner. 
  • Barnsley 1-2
  • Where's that takeover thread
  • Another Charlton corner sails over everyone's heads and out for a goal kick.
  • Taylor has put a couple of great crosses in from set pieces but no one attacking them
  • Was Burton's pitch 15 yards wider than ours? Taylors corners are shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Wrexham 3-5
  • KANUUUU 2-2
  • hurrah 
  • Get in!!! Kanu!
  • Lovely little ball that I thought was the wrong option at first.
  • edited August 2023
    What a lovely header into the top corner from Daniel Kanu
  • 2-2 come on Charlton 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!