Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bristol Rovers | Tuesday 15 August 2023 | Match Preview

1235»

Comments

• Options
    A game we have to win if we want top 6. I doubt it. Not enough goals in our side and injuries have hurt us yet again. A long time since we started with a left back, maybe tonight? 2-0 to Rovers, Marquis will score at least one and then cue meltdown here.
  • Options
    Taking her to The Valley?

Would of been cheaper and kinder just to say  "Listen Fräulein, it ain't working out love..."
    you know her too? 
  • Options
    Someone keep an eye out on the directors box tonight, see if there are any Jamaicans in the house 👀

• Options
    We did finish approx 10 points above them last season, just as a timely reminder for balance.
  • Options
    Two games in and we’re where I’d expect us to be, that’s before injuries were taken into consideration. 
    3 points vs Orient and the Posh game came a bit too soon. 
    We will grow into the season.

Really looking forward to the first game under the lights tomorrow night. Going to be a good battle but a good opportunity for another three points, which I think we’ll take.

Still an optimistic addick!
    First game under lights last season was against Plymouth, won 5-1 and look how that turned out in the end.
  • Options
    2-1 to Charlton.
  • Options
    4-1 to rovers 
  • Options
    I’m going tonight and I haven’t seen us let in a goal yet, (online doesn’t count). A good omen there.  We need someone upfront with May and until that happens, be Leaburn or a signing of some sort we will struggle to put teams to the sword. I think we will be the better side but I think it will be close. 
    3-0 to us. 
  • Options
    Can’t see us scoring more than one. Will that be enough ? I can’t see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    scrappy (or crappy) club with a proper scrapper for a manager, the Pirates have started the season fairly well .. they play a solid 4 at the back (take notice Mr Holden) and this season so far have 2 1-1 draws against good opponent, Barnsley and Pompey .. the sort of fixture that a few seasons back we would take as a banker home win .. I think we'll win this, but it will not be a cake walk or indeed a banker
  • Options
    Take a draw tonight, but expecting 3 on Saturday. Could do with a cohesive team performance tonight.
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Jones, Ness, Edun; Dobson (c), Anderson, Camará; Payne, May, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Isted, Hector, Thomas, Taylor, McGrandles, Kirk, Kanu

• Options
    Looks like a 433 with that line up 
  • Options
    Andy Scott interview, "actively looking and talking to several players and clubs" ...great, lets hope it is sorted soon, 'cause the clock is ticking, and of course some players also talking to Championship clubs, but he sounded positive,we will see...