Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bristol Rovers | Tuesday 15 August 2023 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    The Hooray Henery's from Greenwich will be down there this evening with their free tickets. and that's why I won't be going. 

Prediction: a draw. 
    Probably lucky for us then you weren’t around when the voters of Greenwich stepped up to get us back to the Valley.
    Was, cant afford it now. 

tbf, I wouldn't of been old enough to vote anyway. 
  • Options
    jeez. The people of Greenwich are well touchy. Glad i'm from Lewisham. 
  • Options
    jeez. The people of Greenwich are well touchy. Glad i'm from Lewisham. 
    It was the 'that's why I'm not going' bit that confused me, but you've clarified it's about pricing, and I agree, the prices are ridiculous and twenty is plenty. Also, I'm from Lewisham too :p
  • Options
    (well, leafy Lee Green at any rate) ;)
  • Options
    Centre of the Universe is Lee.
    Astonishingly Lee consists of three regions, Lee and Lee Green, Manor Park, and Burnt Ash.
    The announcement at Lee station used to be ‘Lee for Burnt Ash’.
  • Options
    How many of YOU have heard the Jim Legxacy album, is all I ask
  • Options
    Likely another scrappy game that I can't see having a lot of goals.

I'm going for a 1-1 - still struggling to see us score, but maybe we get the rub of the green from a mistake that May can punish. Marquis to be fully up for it and being desperate to score against us again. Payne will probably start up front with May and CB-T will probably need fitness managed.

We need to be up for games like this. Buying time until we can get players back fit and get signings through the door before the window closes. Like I wanted from Saturday, avoiding defeat and picking up any points is a bonus.

I'll be there and giving the boys all my support. Everything still to play for and nothing decided after 2 games. COYA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Last year they left out Arron Collins to play more defensive against us and won … Collins apart from Charles at Bolton the only player in league one worth spending 800,000 plus on 

we are we are going to see the best player in league one Arron Collins if fit now this bloke is worth spending 1 mill on ..
    You've increased your bid by £200k in less than 24 hours!

"The Art of Negotiation" by RonnieMoore.

The perfect gift for someone in your life you have a deep-seated resentment for.
  • Options
    Winning this relies on being solid defensively. I don’t see us scoring more than 1 goal with our lack of attacking options.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    0-1, no goals from us, defensive gift for them.

Heading for a meltdown...
    Heading for one you say? Reading many posts, we've already arrived, disembarked, collected our baggage and are well into our onward journey to a destination unknown.(Hmm 🤔 Now I'm getting visions of the video for that tune springing to mind. Nice!)

Edit - forecast 5-1. Sticking with a bit of early season optimism for now.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Leuth said:
    How many of YOU have heard the Jim Legxacy album, is all I ask
    How many would want to hear a Jim Legxacy album is all I ask
  • Options
    ...the thought of possibly having to watch 90 mins of McGrandles running around like bambi on ice
  • Options
    I have a feeling Kanu might start up top tonight with May. Also think McGrandles might start tonight to freshen it up slightly. 
  • Options
    Since we are giving away freebies it’s inevitable we will lose.
  • Options
    Just paid £61.50 for two adult tickets to tonight's game - with travel and a couple of drinks it will probably near £100 just to watch a rubbish League One fixture on a Tuesday night.

I'm also bringing my German girlfriend over to see a live football match for the first time, so for that reason, we will almost certainly lose 6-0. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I have a feeling Kanu might start up top tonight with May. Also think McGrandles might start tonight to freshen it up slightly. 
    i'll be going tonight and would also like to see Kanu start with May, to put big pressure on their defence. I half expect us to gift them a goal and then we'll struggle to score ourselves. 1 - 1. Only consolation is that I am no clairvoyant when it comes to predicting Charlton scores.
  • Options
    Just paid £61.50 for two adult tickets to tonight's game - with travel and a couple of drinks it will probably near £100 just to watch a rubbish League One fixture on a Tuesday night.

I'm also bringing my German girlfriend over to see a live football match for the first time, so for that reason, we will almost certainly lose 6-0. 
    And miss a penalty.
  • Options
    Not feeling particularly confident tonight, I think Bristol Rovers may well end up being one of the dark horses this year that are in and around the playoffs. 

Our lack of strikers will cost us, 1-2 loss.

• Options
    The Hooray Henery's from Greenwich will be down there this evening with their free tickets. and that's why I won't be going. 

Prediction: a draw. 
    Wow I have heard some excuses for not going but that is one of the worst 
  • Options
    I'm thinking 1-1.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

tell us more?.. do you have other over seas girlfriends? 
    Unfortunately not, although I did meet her while travelling in Thailand.. 
  • Options

What a lucky tweacle, you must love her so much... 
  • Options
    Taking her to The Valley?

Would of been cheaper and kinder just to say  "Listen Fräulein, it ain't working out love..."