Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Bristol Rovers | Tuesday 15 August 2023 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Bristol Rovers have 14 players either injured or doubtful so with our 8 could be an under 23 fixture …. 
    https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-rovers/charlton-athletic-v-bristol-rovers-injury-news-as-eleven-ruled-out-and-three-doubts-4253802
    What a horrendous website that is. 
  • Options
    The thought of watching Payne and CBT again
    CBT been our best player this season bar Dobson.
    You sure .. took 37 mins for him to touch the ball on Saturday 
    Not True. As Usual
  • Options
    Mate of mine who is a Gashead says they were all over Barnsley - Scott Sinclair is good for them and hasn’t lost his pace, Luke Thomas on the wing is decent and their CB Crama on loan from Brentford is unreal.

Sounds like they could give us some problems.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    M.Brewer

Ness - Hector - Thomas

Asiimwe - Camara - Dobson - Payne - Edun

May - T.Blackett

I don't like it, but I think it's all we have. 
    I’d go with that. Anderson looked a bit lost against PB so probably needs to sit one out. Payne in to try and create. Edun looks strong on the left and is a proper wing back. 
  • Options
    I think it is worth sticking with Anderson in the absence of Fraser. I think he has the qualities to adapt quickly enough and this chance for him is a small positive from a big negative which is the Fraser injury.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Two games in and we’re where I’d expect us to be, that’s before injuries were taken into consideration. 
    3 points vs Orient and the Posh game came a bit too soon. 
    We will grow into the season.

Really looking forward to the first game under the lights tomorrow night. Going to be a good battle but a good opportunity for another three points, which I think we’ll take.

Still an optimistic addick!
  • Options
    I think it is worth sticking with Anderson in the absence of Fraser. I think he has the qualities to adapt quickly enough and this chance for him is a small positive from a big negative which is the Fraser injury.
    I think Anderson looks a real prospect but we desperately need goals and Payne has scored a decent amount in his career. With our current attacking options I’d go with Payne 
  • Options
    Another tough game but one we should win going for a good 2-1 win to the mighty 
    CAFC COYR  B)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Thanks for a quality preview. 

Most of us said it pre-season. 
    A thin squad to play 3 games a week ?
    No chance of top 6. 
    As for this game, if Payne, Kirk or McGrandles start - forget it. 
    May is a tap-in striker, and we don’t create enough. 
    We will know after 10 games, but I fear we have had our expectations falsely raised. 
    Yes I remember last year he got a tap in from the halfway line.

• Options
    Sorry fellas, you know me, mister upbeat and optimistic but we never fare well against the so called teams we think we should beat.

0-4 Comfortable away win.

See you all on the post match meltdown thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're lacking in goal scorers and goal creators from open play, and don't have a settled set piece taker either, so I can't see us scoring more than 1 tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me if it finishes a frustrating 1-1.
  • Options
    Rather than guess the score , I'm going to predict the number of cards and length of injury time

7 yellow cards
    7 mins injury time first half
    8 mins second half.
  • Options
    With half our team missing with injuries leaving us with not much in midfield or upfront I don't see us creating or scoring many. 

Rovers I see causing us too many problems with their pace & scoring nouse. Another defeat as we fall further behind the pack. 

1-3. Marquis to score his obligatory goal before Sinclair & Brown rub our noses in it.
  • Options
    The thought of watching Payne and CBT again
    CBT been our best player this season bar Dobson.
    You sure .. took 37 mins for him to touch the ball on Saturday 
    Not True. As Usual
    It knows that 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I think Anderson looks a real prospect but we desperately need goals and Payne has scored a decent amount in his career. With our current attacking options I’d go with Payne 
    We need to go with both. We haven't got a player to play with May so Payne is probably the best fit for his energy.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    We need to go with both. We haven't got a player to play with May so Payne is probably the best fit for his energy.

Agree with this. 
    Think Anderson and Payne will both start tonight it’s just how they’re deployed. 
    Rovers playing a 4-4-2 especially behind the ball so I could see the option of 3-4-3 matching up the midfields. 
    Lot depends on Camara and if he can play 3 on the bounce with game no.4 coming on Saturday. 
    Edun for Camara tucks CBT and Payne either side of May in a front 3. 
    Sticking with 3-5-2, I can’t see Payne dropping into CM so if Camara can’t start, I would expect McGrandles or Taylor will get thrown in.  
    Either way, we’ve got enough out there to get a win tonight. 
    3 points, no more injuries and more mins for Hector, Edun, Taylor & Jones. 

• Options
    Dull game in prospect with 1-0 to either side or 0-0 most likely result. Back in the day I saw the 5-5 draw at Eastville, this was the Charlton that hooked me. We were inconsistent, but at least we were in the Championship and it was entertaining
  • Options
    we are we are going to see the best player in league one Arron Collins if fit now this bloke is worth spending 1 mill on ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we are we are going to see the best player in league one Arron Collins if fit now this bloke is worth spending 1 mill on ..
    Stick Pratley on him!   Oh…
    Joking apart, do we have anyone who could do a job on him?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Stick Pratley on him!   Oh…
    Joking apart, do we have anyone who could do a job on him?
    It’s a tough one that he’s a striker and if we play a back 3 they may decide the nearest CB picks him up. Man marking would be a lot easier if he was a midfielder. If a CB is detailed to follow him to the toilet I’d stick Ness on him ..,.. Ooer misses! 😉
  • Options
    The Hooray Henery's from Greenwich will be down there this evening with their free tickets. and that's why I won't be going. 

Prediction: a draw. 
  • Options
    Mate of mine who is a Gashead says they were all over Barnsley - Scott Sinclair is good for them and hasn’t lost his pace, Luke Thomas on the wing is decent and their CB Crama on loan from Brentford is unreal.

Sounds like they could give us some problems.
    It's alright, he's scared of The Valley.
  • Options
    The Hooray Henery's from Greenwich will be down there this evening with their free tickets. and that's why I won't be going. 

Probably lucky for us then you weren’t around when the voters of Greenwich stepped up to get us back to the Valley.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

What a strange post
    Don’t take it personally Leuthy 😉
    THIS Hooray Henery has a season ticket, thank you very much
    Good man, bottoms up old chap 🍻😉
  • Options
    Ra-ther!