Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL 23/24 - Championship, League One, Wrexham's League Two featuring Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Looks pretty nailed on now that Derby will be promoted. Only need a point at home to rock bottom Carlisle next week.

Barnsley are still 5th but are in terrible form. 1 win in 8 and 2 wins in 11. It's still in their hands but after being up there all season they could now drop out of the play offs if they don't win on the last day.

The battle for 5th and 6th will be exciting next Saturday . Oxford have a tough fixture against an in form Exeter.
    Psst, watch out for the Pool 😀
  • Options
    Sheff W took the lead at Blackburn (7,000 Sheff W fans there).
    Szmodics then leaves Famewo for dust to equalise.
    1-1. 
  • Options
    With the score 1-3 and 20 minutes or so to go, Wednesday are currently out of the relegation zone and Birmingham replace them there
  • Options
    With the score 1-3 and 20 minutes or so to go, Wednesday are currently out of the relegation zone and Birmingham replace them there
    First time since August they’ve been out the relegation zone. Got a feeling it will be Plymouth/Huddersfield who will drop. Be gutting for Plymouth as they haven’t spent any time in the bottom 3 this season.
  • Options
    Calamitous own goal by the Blackburn keeper to make it 1-3
  • Options
    If Birmingham win at Huddersfield next weekend we could go into the last game with as many as 6 clubs trying to avoid that third relegation spot.
  • Options
    Calamitous own goal by the Blackburn keeper to make it 1-3

• Options
    Kin hell.. Just put Middlesbrough vs Leeds on, its 2-3 after 42mins!!
  • Options
    Lovely finish from Leeds, was beginning to think that after the frantic first half (which I missed), I'd be treated to no further goals, which would be bloody typical when I have a game on the TV
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 23
    Huge game in the Championship about to KO with Leicester vs Southampton

Leicester win and they go four points ahead of Leeds (with them both having two games left), they'll also be five points ahead of Ipswich who have three games left.

Southampton win, and they'll go 2-points behind Ipswich, 4-pts behind Leicester in 1st, with two games left to play themselves

Or you've got Arsenal vs Chelsea on TNT Sports
  • Options
    Think Southampton blew their chances at the weekend losing to Cardiff.
  • Options
    Peterborough forgetting the integrity of the competition by putting out a second string side tonight against Cheltenham. The Posh are guaranteed to finish 4th, but for the sake of the other teams, they’ve essentially match fixed tonight with Cheltenham winning to take survival to the last day.

Something Nathan Jones spoke out about recently and how unfair and disrespectful it is to other clubs and the league.

Makes the last day interesting and I hope to see one of Burton or Cambridge go down anyway, but it’s not quite the point.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68823372

I like the Beebs as it stands table for League One.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Peterborough forgetting the integrity of the competition by putting out a second string side tonight against Cheltenham. The Posh are guaranteed to finish 4th, but for the sake of the other teams, they’ve essentially match fixed tonight with Cheltenham winning to take survival to the last day.

Something Nathan Jones spoke out about recently and how unfair and disrespectful it is to other clubs and the league.

Makes the last day interesting and I hope to see one of Burton or Cambridge go down anyway, but it’s not quite the point.
    Hopefully it'll f**k up Peterborough Play-Off hopes again

Surely you want to go into those with as confident a team as possible, bit like when we went up in 18/19

Lincoln are the one team I'd be praying to avoid
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Southampton are being slaughtered!! - Anything Arsenal can do... Leicester can do too
  • Options
    Southampton are being slaughtered!! - Anything Arsenal can do... Leicester can do too
    A 5-0 double on the two televised games would have been quite tasty!
  • Options
    Thought Arsenal and Leicester might both win but not by 5.
  • Options
    Would be gutted for Bonne and Taylor if Cambridge were relegated on the last day of the season...
  • Options
    I wonder what a 5-0.double would have paid out 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 24
    5th down to 9th could still get one of the three remaining Play-Off spots in League Two

5th: Doncaster - 70-pts (+5)
    6th: Crewe - 70-pts (+4)
    7th: Barrow - 68-pts (+6)
    8th: Crawley - 67-pts (+4)
    9th: Bradford - 66-pts (-1)

Barrow vs Mansfield
    Bradford vs Newport
    Colchester vs Crewe
    Crawley vs Grimsby
    Gillingham vs Doncaster

Doncaster were 18th ten games ago, they've won all their games since, proving its not necessarily how you start the season, but how you end it - Going to be difficult to look past them for promotion at the moment if they can continue that momentum.

But could be most fun at the bottom.

If Colchester lose 1-0, and Sutton win 3-0 (they got to Milton Keynes, who are already assured of a Play-Off spot), then it leaves those two in equal points, Goal Difference, and Goals Scored

Colchester would then stay up (as both H2H games ended 1-1), it seems because they've got eleven wins, compared to Sutton who'd have ten wins.
  • Options
    I can see Colchester getting something against a Crewe team who have lost form in recent weeks. 

Bradford are another team on a late charge too, 5 wins and a draw in their last 6. Meanwhile Newport, Crawley and Gillingham have slipped out of contention, meaning we'll only be able to lose to them next season in the cups again,
  • Options
    Sage said:

Last night was their 8th game in a little over 3 weeks though so not a shock they rested players.

I'm a firm believer that the teams that go down generally do so because they've been the worst teams over 46 games. If Cheltenham go on to survive then Burton/Cambridge aren't going down because Peterborough chose to rest players in one game.
  • Options
    Lincoln receive a £2m investment from American businessman Ron Fowler and his son Andrew:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c1ejw5e358jo

Fowler, who was formerly co-owner of San Diego Padres and was on the management council of Major League Baseball, is worth an estimated $500m.
  • Options
    Lincoln finally get into the top six after their incredible run with one game left to play.

I really wouldn't want to play them in the play offs.
    We won't.
  • Options
    Lincoln receive a £2m investment from American businessman Ron Fowler and his son Andrew:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c1ejw5e358jo

Fowler, who was formerly co-owner of San Diego Padres and was on the management council of Major League Baseball, is worth an estimated $500m.
    Fowler and the Christmas Club money?
  • Options
    edited April 26
    QPR 1-0 Leeds.

Believe Leicester would be promoted if Leeds lose tonight. Would also put Ipswich at a massive advantage for automatics (one point behind, two games in hand).
  • Options
    2-0 now. A great turnaround under Cifuentes.

Looking at the BBC updates, I see Steve Brown is on commentary for BBC London!
  • Options
    QPR 3-0 73'

Leicester going up ... and puts Dipswich in pole position for the second auto spot.
  • Options
    QPR 3-0 73'

Leicester going up ... and puts Dipswich in pole position for the second auto spot.
    Serves Leeds right for that fucking awful kit