Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL 23/24 - Championship, League One, Wrexham's League Two featuring Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    edited April 27
    Great game between Hull and Ipswich
    Shame about the scoreline though.
    I'd rather Ipswich go up than any of the others involved in the top six to be fair

A Hull result though makes the Play-Offs interesting until the final day at the very least.
  • Options
    Bloody hell its rare for me to watch a neutral game, and get a scoreline like this
  • Options
    Some good teams coming up from L2 - L1 will be tougher next season.
  • Options
    Some good teams coming up from L2 - L1 will be tougher next season.
    Other than Carlisle who came up via the playoffs, this season we've finished well behind the 3 automatically promoted L2 teams from last season! A sign of our failure this season, to finish so far below Stevenage, Orient and Northampton...
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Yeah, the 3 promoted teams will all challenge next season I reckon and the ones coming down from the Championship will all be up there too.  It will be a far harder division next season I reckon even without Pompey, Derby and possibly Bolton.
  • Options
    Yeah, the 3 promoted teams will all challenge next season I reckon and the ones coming down from the Championship will all be up there too.  It will be a far harder division next season I reckon even without Pompey, Derby and possibly Bolton.
    Maybe Wrexham who will no doubt have an ever bigger budget than currently, but I don't think Stockport or Mansfield will finish in the top 8. Agree that the relegated teams will all feature in the play off push though. 
  • Options
    It's possible that the 3 promoted teams from last season will have "second season" syndrome, especially Stevenage without Evans. I imagine Lincoln may lose players and their manager too.
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Anyone notice this news story from the weekend.

FFS

• Options

FFS

Been on Owlstalk, he's a big favourite there, as you are probably aware of with your Sheffield contacts.
  • Options

FFS

Been on Owlstalk, he's a big favourite there, as you are probably aware of with your Sheffield contacts.
    Still made me feel a bit of sick in the mouth. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

FFS

Still made me feel a bit of sick in the mouth. 
    He'll always be a Charlton man.
    I'd not be surprised if he's Wednesday's manager next season, there is talk Danny Rohl will leave at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Impressive fitness to still be able to leap that high!
  • Options
    Impressive fitness to still be able to leap that high!
    Hmmm not sure he's got the Fosbury Flop quite right.
  • Options
    Should Leicester win their final two matches then they will reach the 100 point mark. That is a remarkable feat for one reason alone and that is they will have lost 10 matches - something that has probably never been previously achieved in the history of the football league. We dropped 40 points drawing games whereas Leicester will have lost just 8 points doing so with an overall differential  between the sides of 47 points - and yet we only lost 5 more matches than them. 

Draws are OK when they are "good" ones away to the top sides but too many of them are no good to any club that aspires to be promoted. 
  • Options
    Leicester clinch the title with 2 goals for young Jamie Vardy. That's 190 goals for them I think.
  • Options
    Ipswich win tonight and are 1 point away from promotion. Home to Huddersfield, so the perfect game for a promotion party. 
  • Options
    Can't imagine Huddersfield wanting to do Leeds any favours either.

I know technically they're trying to stay up, but they aren't overturning the goal difference.
  • Options
    Can't imagine Huddersfield wanting to do Leeds any favours either.

I know technically they're trying to stay up, but they aren't overturning the goal difference.
    Leeds will fold in the play-offs :)
    Too many times a team in a position like Leeds, it all goes sideways.
    Huddersfield are basically down, Ipswich will roll them over.
    Nice to see Wednesday are very likely to stay up :D
  • Options
    18/1 for the Huddersfield, Leeds double that would be needed for Ipswich to not secure automatic promotion at the weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be hilarious if Leeds fail to get promoted now.
  • Options
    Imagine Sky want them to be promoted, means load of goals in Leeds games, mainly in their net.
  • Options

Wednesday going up to Sunderland today, plenty of love for Powell :)
  • Options
    edited May 4

Wednesday going up to Sunderland today, plenty of love for Powell :)
    Will they wear one of him looking depressed on the way home in the unlikely event they go down today?
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Southampton went 1 nil up at Leeds but the home team found an equaliser a couple of minutes later.

Goalless in the other games.
  • Options
    Ipswich 1-0 Huddersfield

Sunderland 0-1 Sheff Wed
  • Options
    Middlesbrough 1-0 Watford

Stoke 1-0 Bristol City

Rotherham 1-0 Cardiff
  • Options
    Coventry 0-1 QPR
  • Options
    Leeds 1-2 Southampton