Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United Away Saturday 12th August 3.00 pm Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    clive said:
    Need to sort out tickets and train 
    Train timetables have now been released, there is an hourly direct Thameslink service from London Bridge depart at 31 mins past the hour, St Pancras 46 mins past the hour.
    Return trains Dep at 24 mins past the hour.
    https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/industrial-action

LNER trains are running a normal service from Kings Cross, but it will cost a lot more using this route.

Also Charing Cross & Waterloo East stations will be closed due to engineering works.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

Quite annoying HOW much more the LNER trains cost, as there are loads of them, and they're much faster.
    I think that may be why they cost more..
    Nearly twice as much is a massive difference, whereas if you're going to Stevenage which is on the route, all trains cost the same, including LNER one.
  • Options
    Four of us going up. . always enjoy a visit to Peterborough . . .COYA  
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    clive said:
    Train timetables have now been released, there is an hourly direct Thameslink service from London Bridge depart at 31 mins past the hour, St Pancras 46 mins past the hour.
    https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/industrial-action

LNER trains are running a normal service from Kings Cross, but it will cost a lot more using this route.

Also Charing Cross & Waterloo East stations will be closed due to engineering works.

Quite annoying HOW much more the LNER trains cost, as there are loads of them, and they're much faster.
    Nearly twice as much is a massive difference, whereas if you're going to Stevenage which is on the route, all trains cost the same, including LNER one.
    Can you not buy 1 ticket to stevenage and then another from Stevenage to Peterborough? 
  • Options
    Couple of us oldies making the short trip from Northamptonshire.
  • Options
    What is our allocation for Peterborough? Not sold out yet but hopefully it will.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    What is our allocation for Peterborough? Not sold out yet but hopefully it will.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/ticket-update-millwall-newport-and-peterborough
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The Trainsplit app is showing routes via Stevenage with network card coming in at £36.65, with journey times of about 50 mins each way allowing for drinking time pre and post match. Other options are possible but the much cheaper route (around £22.50 rtn using this app) with a change at Stevenage adds about 40 minutes each leg. 
  • Options
    Mrs Algarve and me are attending. Going up Friday and staying overnight with friends, then meeting a couple of the old gang from the Oak at my mate's pub/bottle shop - The Bottle and Board - before the match.      
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    redbuttle said:
    clive said:

Can you not buy 1 ticket to stevenage and then another from Stevenage to Peterborough? 
    The trainline app did that automatically for us - £21 each in total for the fast train at 17.31.
  • Options
    I'll also get some sort of split ticket, as I too have a Network Card, and annoyingly the boundary is just before Peterborough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First trip to Peterborough for football. A non-CL friend and I going up on the train to make it a proper Charlton away trip. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    clive said:

Is it cheaper to get London - Stevenage & Stevenage - Peterborough on LNER?
  • Options
    3 of us going - we went to the Yard of Ale before the game in January which was full of Posh but were a good laugh and they showed all of the football so will probably go there again
  • Options
    7 of us going.
  • Options
    11 of us eating at Cote before the match as we did last season.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The Trainsplit app is showing routes via Stevenage with network card coming in at £36.65, with journey times of about 50 mins each way allowing for drinking time pre and post match. Other options are possible but the much cheaper route (around £22.50 rtn using this app) with a change at Stevenage adds about 40 minutes each leg. 
    The latter option sounds better.

Normally I'd say stop for a drink where you are changing, Stevenage is not the best of places so hope there is a five minute connection!
  • Options
    Anyone know how many tickets we have sold for this?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    You’d have thought the club might do an update on this to encourage more people to come
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    redbuttle said:
    You’d have thought the club might do an update on this to encourage more people to come
    3 days ago it was 2234

Edit: that's our allocation, would be good to sell that out. 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 of us driving down pub lunch then game can't wait COYR  B)
  • Options
    1681 sold 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    just got mine, so must be the 1 on top of the 1680 sold. have to collect it from Peterborough. hope its not too much of a ball ache.
  • Options
    Me too collecting from the ticket office, think I’ll go there before the pub 
  • Options
    just got mine, so must be the 1 on top of the 1680 sold. have to collect it from Peterborough. hope its not too much of a ball ache.
    Not too much trouble.  You collect from a little hut just before you get to the statue and close to normal ticket office.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    At a guess, 1500.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Not too much trouble.  You collect from a little hut just before you get to the statue and close to normal ticket office.
    The Marcus Maddison statue they put up.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    That's the one 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    That's the one 
    Keep your distance or it'll punch you
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Nice of Charlie Kirk to wait outside the ground