Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United Away Saturday 12th August 3.00 pm Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Right...

Who's coming up for this game. We live here so it's one of the highlights of our season.

Hopefully there should be a good turnout.

Weather looks OK at the moment so game should be on..
    Pretty sure you said that last time....
    Yes I did but this time I was joking..
  • Options
    Saturday will be a good day for sport - if England beat Nigeria their quarter final will kick off at 11.30am, perfect timing for the pub, then post match England play Wales in the warm up games for the RWC, perfect timing for the pub. Shame about the evaporation of L1 optimism in between!
  • Options
    Last season drove 3.5 hours there, parked for 30 seconds, drove 3.5 hours home.
    And that was for the midweek game.
  • Options
    Yep. On the train this time. 
  • Options
    Need to sort out tickets and train 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Revised timetable comes out tomorrow, think itl be 1 per hour due to the overtime strikes and none running past 8pm 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Train timetables have now been released, there is an hourly direct Thameslink service from London Bridge depart at 31 mins past the hour, St Pancras 46 mins past the hour.
    Return trains Dep at 24 mins past the hour.
    https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/industrial-action

LNER trains are running a normal service from Kings Cross, but it will cost a lot more using this route.

Also Charing Cross & Waterloo East stations will be closed due to engineering works.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

• Options
    Worth noting there’s engineering works affecting a number of lines into London Bridge, so check your routes 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Engineering works between New Cross & London Bridge so most/all lines closed.
    A lot of trains not running or diverted to Victoria.
  • Options
    Worth noting there’s engineering works affecting a number of lines into London Bridge, so check your routes 
    Engineering works between New Cross & London Bridge so most/all lines closed.
    A lot of trains not running or diverted to Victoria.

Saturday:

Paddock Wood Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Ramsgate / Dover Priory via Tonbridge will be diverted to run to / from London Victoria.

Hastings Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Hastings will run to / from London Bridge and run non-stop between London Bridge and Tonbridge by an alternative route.  Trains which usually only run between London Charing Cross and Tunbridge Wells will not run.

Maidstone East line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Maidstone East will be amended to run to / from London Victoria, and will call additionally at Bromley South.

Sole Street line: Trains between London Victoria and Dover Priory will be retimed, and will call additionally at Denmark Hill. Services between London Victoria and Gillingham will not run.

Bexleyheath Line: Services between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Bexleyheath will not run. Services between London Victoria and Dartford via Bexleyheath will be retimed.

Woolwich Arsenal Line: Trains between London Cannon Street and Gravesend via Woolwich Arsenal will not run.  Trains between London Cannon Street and Slade Green via Greenwich will be extended to run to / from Dartford. Additional trains will run between London Victoria and Dartford via Woolwich Arsenal.

Grove Park Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Sevenoaks will be diverted to run to / from London Victoria.  Services between London Cannon Street and Orpington will not run.

Sidcup Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Gravesend will run to / from London Victoria. Trains which usually run between London Charing Cross and Dartford via Sidcup will not run.

Hayes Line: Trains between London Charing Cross and Hayes will run to / from London Blackfriars and will run every 30 minutes calling additionally at Elephant & Castle.

Additional trains will run between London Bridge & London Cannon Street.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/planned-engineering-work?date=2023-08-12#engineering-departure-board

• Options
    An alternative route for people in reach of the Elizabeth line is train to Farringdon & connect with Thameslink service to Peterborough which departs at 41 minutes past the hour.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Yep, nice pub that does great pizzas on the square by the cathedral only a 10 minute walk to the ground. 

Had some good memories at games up there over the years including a 5-0 midweek win I think?
    What's the pub called?!  I'm there + 3 more.
  • Options
    clive said:
    An alternative route for people in reach of the Elizabeth line is train to Farringdon & connect with Thameslink service to Peterborough which departs at 41 minutes past the hour.
    Cheers Clive, from what I can see there’s that option, or Victoria to St Pancreas on the Victoria Line, or Lewisham to Blackfriars’s (from the Hayes trains), or North Greenwich to London Bridge on the Jubilee. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Yep, nice pub that does great pizzas on the square by the cathedral only a 10 minute walk to the ground. 

Had some good memories at games up there over the years including a 5-0 midweek win I think?

Queen's head mate
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

It's the Queens Head, good beer and grub, the Barge place is also very good.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    supaclive said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

As its forecast to be sunny up here the barge (Charters) would be an excellent choice as it has an outside bar and a huge outdoor seating area.
  • Options
    looking forward to this.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    supaclive said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

As it’s forecast to be sunny up here the barge (Charters) would be an excellent choice as it has an outside bar and a huge outdoor seating area.
    It’s a cracking place, with a superb beer offering - as you say, outside area is huge, and it’s only a short walk to the ground from the barge - I am really looking forward to Saturday, and it’s the start of my 2 weeks leave as well 😃
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly on the south coast for the weekend. Have a great one and hope the boys deliver for you @redbuttle and @ButtleJR

• Options
    Yep looking forward to it. Think this will be my fifth time and yet to see a win. 
    I hope you lose your ticket before the weekend then.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sadly on the south coast for the weekend. Have a great one and hope the boys deliver for you @redbuttle and @ButtleJR

Thanks mate. The larrop has started at work this morning. I've stayed quiet as don't want to jinx it. They seem very confident they'll beat us, but clearly haven't done their research given they keep mentioning Macaulay Bonne... Hoping to walk in next Tuesday with a big grin on my face, believe their best player Mason-Clark is injured. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Thanks mate.  Enjoy your break
  • Options
    Annoyed this one is in the cricket season! Final league game 2nd September can't come quickly enough now! 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Train timetables have now been released, there is an hourly direct Thameslink service from London Bridge depart at 31 mins past the hour, St Pancras 46 mins past the hour.
    https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/industrial-action

LNER trains are running a normal service from Kings Cross, but it will cost a lot more using this route.

Also Charing Cross & Waterloo East stations will be closed due to engineering works.

Quite annoying HOW much more the LNER trains cost, as there are loads of them, and they're much faster.
  • Options
    clive said:

Quite annoying HOW much more the LNER trains cost, as there are loads of them, and they're much faster.
    I think that may be why they cost more..
  • Options
    I will be there with three of my grandchildren.