Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United Away Saturday 12th August 3.00 pm Roll Call

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
Right...

Who's coming up for this game. We live here so it's one of the highlights of our season.

Hopefully there should be a good turnout.

Weather looks OK at the moment so game should be on..

Comments

• Options
    Yep, nice pub that does great pizzas on the square by the cathedral only a 10 minute walk to the ground. 

Had some good memories at games up there over the years including a 5-0 midweek win I think?
  • Options
    I'm based in Arlesey, so pretty easy trip for me if the trains are running, definitely planning in attending.
  • Options
    Yep - my lot and me are there - Charters Bar on the barge on the river will be our pre match venue - cracking place - COYR
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Yep looking forward to it. Think this will be my fifth time and yet to see a win. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Hoping we can beat them convincingly so I can sit pretty at work for another year... We will probably be in the ostrich/charters before. Both great pubs. 
  • Options
    Yep, I'll be there for the first time since 1975 when King Arthur thudded in a bullet header to secure a 1-1 draw in our promotion chase.
    This time I will be sitting down (well, I hope)
  • Options
    Yep, will be there with my lad.
  • Options
    Yep looking forward to it, last visit there was when Karlan Grant missed the penno and buggered off to Huddersfield the next day 😂

Reckon it will be a tough game 
  • Options
    I'll be there. My most local game since moving here a couple of years ago. Didn't make it along last season though so looking forward to it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there. Not been there since 2019. Charters, (Oakham brewery) Brewery Tap, Cathedral (to pray for some divine inspiration)
  • Options
    Bringing along 6 mates, i'm the only Charlton fan though...
  • Options
    7 of our gang will be there.
  • Options
    Two mates and me, doing Friday and Saturday night in the city. Looking forward to it immensely.
  • Options
    I’m there with my grandson 
  • Options
    Any idea on sales so far
  • Options
    Any idea on sales so far
    Believe we have the stand behind the goal so would presume it's decent.
  • Options
    Would think it would be close to a sell out if we win our first game 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Any idea on sales so far
    Correct. It's a modern stand, I'm sure we were in the older main stand the last time I was there.
  • Options
    Me and 8 year old grandson. We are in Norwich so direct train about hour and 25. Looking forward to this one. Spend time with the little one who loves football and despite living in Norwich, loves Charlton!!! Also don't have to drive for a change. Usually it's the result that mars the day. Thinking of our last away trip to relatively local Ipswich!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Up for this. Looking forward to it. Will see how well we do against a favourite for top 6.
  • Options
    Last season drove 3.5 hours there, parked for 30 seconds, drove 3.5 hours home.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Any idea on sales so far
    Correct. It's a modern stand, I'm sure we were in the older main stand the last time I was there.
    Correct
  • Options
    Unfortunately on holiday that weekend so wont be in attendance, gutted tbh as have a free ticket from last season as couldn't make the rearranged fixture.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Right...

Who's coming up for this game. We live here so it's one of the highlights of our season.

Pretty sure you said that last time....
  • Options
    looking at Peterborough's fixtures they have a tough start to season 
  • Options
    Unfortunately on holiday that weekend so wont be in attendance, gutted tbh as have a free ticket from last season as couldn't make the rearranged fixture.
    We should have a spares thread for those, be a shame if lots go to waste, its not coming out of our clubs pocket.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    We should have a spares thread for those, be a shame if lots go to waste, its not coming out of our clubs pocket.
    Just set one up mate, good shout.
  • Options
    Last season drove 3.5 hours there, parked for 30 seconds, drove 3.5 hours home.
    At least we didn’t lose 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Right...

Pretty sure you said that last time....
    I did and it was ok until Posh watered the pitch before the game...allegedly