Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Scott Appointed Technical Director

Comments

• Options
    edited April 27
  • Options
    Jones wording about how he has to rebuild strikes me that he's in control of who signs, Scott has been resigned to doing the legal stuff with clubs and agents, which can't go any worse than him picking the players too sign!
  • Options
    Popped up to attach himself to Small's contract renewal which is one of the only positives so far of Scott's recruitment. 
  • Options
    But we don’t know what kind of a budget he was under back then do we? Maybe the dross we got was all that we could afford. Didn’t we get better in January when the owners seemed to be spending a bit more cash. Coventry, Small, REG and Ramsey have all been better surely. 
  • Options
    I also thought Scott was a very good acquisition for the club and likewise have been very disappointed with what has been a procession of poor decisions. He obviously knows the game very well but I have a problem with back of house people who talk the talk but don’t have the ability or bottle to walk the walk. One thing to identify players you think fit the bill and quite another to gel them into something. Giving managers or head coaches little say in who comes in is tying one hand behind their back even before they start. I think Jones won’t put up with that and either has complete control or at the very least a veto. I really hope he does have control because we need a manager happy with and fully confident of the players he has available. I think this summer is potentially a battle of wills between the two. Scott loses and where does it leave him ? 
  • Options
    I would love to be a fly on the wall, when (I presume) Scott tell the owner we have to pay whatever £’s to resign Dobson, would think whoever breaks that news and whoever negotiated the deal will be looking for a new job, if they are not already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would love to be a fly on the wall, when (I presume) Scott tell the owner we have to pay whatever £’s to resign Dobson, would think whoever breaks that news and whoever negotiated the deal will be looking for a new job, if they are not already.
    It's like the Aneke sale and re-signing all over again.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's like the Aneke sale and re-signing all over again.
    When put like this it makes resigning Dobson sensible and not having questionable circumstances.
  • Options
    At the risk of repeating myself, Scott could have been sacked for any of the following four offences:

1. Such inept recruitment that we only have one senior player guaranteed a place in the First 11 for next season
    2. Selling CBT to a League 1 rival when relegation was a real threat
    3. Allowing/encouraging/forcing Dobson to leave mid-season when relegation was a threat.
    4. Hiring Appleton 

The fact that he committed all four offences, makes it astounding to me he is still in post. 
    I don’t think selling CBT was Andy Scott’s fault.

Scott & Rodwell blamed that one on Bromley Addicks 😂

They asked the Bromley supporters club what we should do & the whole room said ‘sell him in Jan!’ (according to Jim Rodwell)
  • Options
    At the risk of repeating myself, Scott could have been sacked for any of the following four offences:

1. Such inept recruitment that we only have one senior player guaranteed a place in the First 11 for next season
    2. Selling CBT to a League 1 rival when relegation was a real threat
    3. Allowing/encouraging/forcing Dobson to leave mid-season when relegation was a threat.
    4. Hiring Appleton 

The fact that he committed all four offences, makes it astounding to me he is still in post. 
    I don’t think selling CBT was Andy Scott’s fault.

Scott & Rodwell blamed that one on Bromley Addicks 😂

They asked the Bromley supporters club what we should do & the whole room said ‘sell him in Jan!’ (according to Jim Rodwell)
    Which wasn't true 😉
  • Options
    Get rid imho. Shocking to even consider getting Dobbo off the books, don't know why tho. Contract renewal an issue maybe, not willing to pay the wage or an increase? Not convinced we will see much recruitment from our so called multi billionaire owners tbh, just got a feeling it's groundhog day again and again and again ....
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Blucher said:
    Andy Scott has said that the buck stops with him but, as others have said, there appears to be zero accountability. It’s a results business and his performance has been bloody lamentable.

He said he would stand up and admit if it went wrong (words to that affect).  Instead he just became less visible as we moved to our worst finish in 98 years.  He's a leach and is the very definition of "stealing a living".  If he has any say in our recruitment we will fail again.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Andy Scott has said that the buck stops with him but, as others have said, there appears to be zero accountability. It’s a results business and his performance has been bloody lamentable.

He said he would stand up and admit if it went wrong (words to that affect).  Instead he just became less visible as we moved to our worst finish in 98 years.  He's a leach and is the very definition of "stealing a living".  If he has any say in our recruitment we will fail again.
    On the contrary, I believe he does a lot, a hard worker not a shirker. However the quality of players he's identified so far leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I question his judgement, not his work ethic. If he didn't try or care, or was out to harm the club, the I'd say he's stealing a living, but he's been busy moving players in and out, exposing his limitations as a talent scout. However, with NJ made 'manager' isn't Scott's role now facilitating his wishes shaping the squad, rather than doing it for him? If so, that seems sensible to me and is presumably what NJ wants him to do.
    He also said he wanted a better scouting network.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Scotts record at Forest was abysmal. He recruited so many players who turned out to be misfits. 
    Certainly a take, but not really proven. They came up with a massively undercooked squad, and had to throw a lot at it to make it competitive, and they’ll likely stay up again 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I don't particularly like Scott, there's something abt him that I can't put my finger on. But maybe there's a little truth in the suggestion he may not have been given the tools to do the job (like many before him) and has fucked up as a result? Obviously every signing is brilliant on the press release, but what do you expect him to say? "Here's Mr x. He was bang average at his last club, is within our limited budget, so the best we could get at this moment in time tbf". I dunno really, but glad NJ seems more in charge of it all now 
    Ask a Forest fan for their opinion of him.

• Options
    112 Forest fans’ opinions on this Twitter poll

• Options
    I think Scotts record at Forest was abysmal. He recruited so many players who turned out to be misfits. 
    I don’t think he had the same responsibility at Forest as he has had here. The head of recruitment would be more to blame than Chief scout, and even then as others have mentioned there is a lot of interference from above at Forest 

I’m only judging him on his record with us, which has been very poor. I think the only argument you can give is that the budget was clearly upped in January and our recruitment of players and managers improved a fair bit since, so maybe he didn’t quite have the tools to do the job well in the summer 
  • Options
    Was he even that bad at Forest? They got promoted to the PL whilst he was there, then that summer they had to pretty much sign an entire squad.

The owner panicked after a poor start and sacked him and the head of recruitment, without considering that if you sign 20+ new players then they probably need some time to gel. Eventually they did that and they stayed up, so you could quite easily argue that the players they scouted and recruited ultimately did the job.