Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    cafc4life said:
    Don’t want to get carried away so here we go.

if we don’t finish in the top 1 this season, I’ll be livid 
    You know after this performance tonightwe're getting tonked 5-0 by Leyton Orient right? - Its the Charlton way
  • Options
    HT 0-2 and we are so on top, it is embarrassing for them, now for the second half, but so far so good
  • Options
    Limp Millwall performance. A week and a half to the start of the season, so they can't use the "building up fitness" excuse either.  
  • Options
    Tonight should be a tight game, and the first "real" pre season game, against the old enemy, really looking forward to a good game, and result...
    We will get thrashed
    Or not as the case maybe..
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    In the 2011 friendly at the Den (the season where we later went up as Champions), we also scored twice in the first half.

(Difference being in 2011, it was 3-2 to the home side at half time... so basically, we're gonna smash 120 points this season)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Early days but Isted doesn't look great with his feet

Dean Kiely was rubbish with his feet and just about every keeper we have ever had.
    Ben Hamer did a good drop kick but got caught sometimes with his feet(Colchester at home 0-2 in 100+ season)

What's Isted like with his hands as I'm old fashion and believe that important for a keeper !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a hard line to tread between pretending not to care and nearly being in tears that we're playing them off the park.
  • Options
    Anyone else’s CTV just crashed? Probably my WiFi. 
  • Options
    Sorry lads, wasn’t taking the piss, but when I saw the away end erupt that did tickle 
    You might wanna tell the millwall fans who just joined in the chorus of boos at the HT whistle thats its just an unimportant friendly.
  • Options
    Teacups aplenty will be chucked around at half time in the Millwall dressing room (normal behaviour).
  • Options
    Seen the best & worst of Kirk.
    Best- his goal.

Worst- 42 minuet near rh touchline.
    He pulls out of a 60 - 40 challenge in his favour.

Would imagine he's  giving DH the most food for thought.
  • Options
    Teacups aplenty will be chucked around at half time in the Millwall dressing room (normal behaviour).
    They do that after a win!
  • Options
    They will come good after a few half time lines.
  • Options
    I can’t believe Millwall will play as badly 2nd half…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have never seen a goal at a friendly celebrated like that one!! 🤣🤣
    The goal went in, and when we saw the reaction of the away end, me and my lot all looked at each other and burst out laughing. Never seen anything like it at a pre season friendly. 🤣
    now remind me… who’s cup final is this fixture?? 😁😁
    Usually it’s your cup final, the only one you’d win ;) 
  • Options
    Sorry lads, wasn’t taking the piss, but when I saw the away end erupt that did tickle me. 

Judging on that first half you’ll definitely be challenging this season. Looked good. We look half asleep. 
    Sickening. 

We ain't all soft skined. You'll find that out next season when we by pass you on our way to glory before we find out the hollowness of it all. Sigh. 
  • Options
    Booood off in a friendly, fuck me 😂😂😂😂
    Cup final. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Hope they keep the Millwall fans behind for an hour after the match, while the Charlton fans leave, give them a taste of their own medicine.
  • Options
    The most enjoyable first half for a few years. I am so excited 😆 UTA
  • Options
    Asimwe continues to look very good. Between him and Egbo we probably don't need another right wingback.
  • Options
    Excellent from the kids, with most senior player being Thomas, Ness and Elerewe have looked very good. Saville and Fleming look the two Millwall players trying to make it happen, I think they will push further up the pitch to put pressure on the back three. 
  • Options
    Booood off in a friendly, fuck me 😂😂😂😂
    Cup final. 
    Becoming more our cup final. As long as it ain't for a pizza then fuck it.