Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anderson pushing for a start first game of the season 
  • Options
    Grrrr Charlie... Cmon... Why cant you do that more often - That run down the wing was the first time I've really seen any kind of pace from him
  • Options
    Are we playing a back four with Asiimwe as RB, Ness and Deji as CB's and Thomas as LB ? Or has Deji got the short straw again as LB ?
    I got laughed at when I said we reset as a back 4 at Dartford.  It's a 352 with the ball, almost 433 without it.
  • Options
    Right, so when Jim Rodwell speaks at a press conference, does he have to inhale helium before doing so?
  • Options
    Millwall really are dog eggs aren’t they - so one dimensional - my mate had some money on them to go up this season - judging by this he can wave that goodbye 😂😂😂
  • Options
    What's with Isted keep playing tippy tappy in his box, this is gonna rebound on us if we ain't careful
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Where's this intensity when we play them I  the league? Just roll over every time 😂
    We have played more Pre-Season games than them, so we "should" be sharper and a bit more match fit.
  • Options
    Just imagine what we could do if we put our first team out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May is so annoying to play against. You never get a second on the ball.
  • Options
    Millwallfan, you know how desperate we've been. 
  • Options
    That is 100% a back 4 from that restart.  Tell me when I am telling lies.
  • Options
    What's with Isted keep playing tippy tappy in his box, this is gonna rebound on us if we ain't careful
    Yup. Istead really needs to stop playing us into trouble with suicidal passes.
  • Options
    I have never seen a goal at a friendly celebrated like that one!! 🤣🤣
    The goal went in, and when we saw the reaction of the away end, me and my lot all looked at each other and burst out laughing. Never seen anything like it at a pre season friendly. 🤣
    now remind me… who’s cup final is this fixture?? 😁😁
    The goal went in, and when we saw the reaction of the away end, me and my lot all looked at each other and burst out laughing. Never seen anything like it at a pre season friendly. 🤣
    any updates?
  • Options
    Camara, AMB, Hector, Jones and Leaburn all missing from this too, and probably Taylor and another ST.

Look it's just a friendly but this team is closer than many think to seriously competing this season IMO
  • Options
    Anderson pushing for a start first game of the season 
    He’s been good but some of his easy passes have gone astray. Definitely worth a place on the bench though 
  • Options
    Oh FFS! We're 2-0 up at the Den, and I've missed both bloody goals cos my laptop is having the mother of all wobblies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are a millwall fan at a millwall game but posting on a Charlton forum during the game?

#justsaying😂
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Camara, AMB, Hector, Jones and Leaburn all missing from this too, and probably Taylor and another ST.

Look it's just a friendly but this team is closer than many think to seriously competing this season IMO
    Those wanting 15-20 new players always were overrating the league/underestimating our players.
  • Options
    You are at the game and posting on a Charlton forum. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Oh FFS! We're 2-0 up at the Den, and I've missed both bloody goals cos my laptop is having the mother of all wobblies.
    Don’t worry - apart from the 2 goals, we have been shit, and Millwall all over us

But, I’m lying - sorry - Addicks have been superb !!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are we playing a back four with Asiimwe as RB, Ness and Deji as CB's and Thomas as LB ? Or has Deji got the short straw again as LB ?
    I got laughed at when I said we reset as a back 4 at Dartford.  It's a 352 with the ball, almost 433 without it.

That been my point about fluidity of movement. Good teams that are well coached should always be able to change when in possession or out of possession.
    Hopefully just a 45 minute match today 👏

• Options
    Yup. Istead really needs to stop playing us into trouble with suicidal passes.
    Ffs Istead stop effing about . 
  • Options
    Isted looking like the only weak link right now, with some properly wank passes
  • Options
    Millwall side have any pace? Like there running through treacle. 

We've been very good and look completely different to last year. 

Isted playing from the back worries me but all early days. 

Anderson is some player aint he!?
  • Options
    Great stuff apart from Isted. GWS AMB!!
  • Options
    Fuckin' 'ell Harry just clear the ball in that situation, nearly conceded a goal there..😫