Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

Comments

• Options
    Yes OK. Perspective, it's a friendly but hey, it's a beautiful thing at the moment. We have some good kids don't we?
  • Options
    Whatever happens 2nd half I have seen enough tonight to think there is not a chance we don’t make top 6 ! 

We are blessed to have these youngsters coming through sod loaning them out keep them around the squad and give them game time
  • Options
    No need to get another Right wing back in, Nathan asimwe is more than capable of nailing down that position. Plays with such maturity and calmness which belies his young age. Starts over egbo against orient for me. 
  • Options
    Midfield looking very good...lots of movement, but they need to get CBT more into the game as he has got their right back shredded. Love May's all out effort and one touch for the second goal....hate bazball tactics at the back trying to give Millwall a way back into this.
  • Options
    Ok,  now the burning question is do I reboot my laptop and try to log in for the second half, and risk jinxing us, or go and sort out my washing instead?
  • Options
    Seen the best & worst of Kirk.
    Best- his goal.

Worst- 42 minuet near rh touchline.
    He pulls out of a 60 - 40 challenge in his favour.

Would imagine he's  giving DH the most food for thought.
    I would of thought Deji is giving more pause for thought. He has struggled under pressure.
  • Options
    Why do we seem to be happy to play risky balls around our penalty area, but when coming forward if they see a player in front of them with a defender within 10 yards, they prefer to turn round and play it square or backwards? Surely it’s safer and potentially more damaging to the opposition to take a chance ten meters outside their area than ten meters outside ours? 
  • Options
    Personally thought Assimwe has been found out a few times tonight defensively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t believe Millwall will play as badly 2nd half…
    That'll be up to us and how we approach the second half, but we have stunned them you can bet, should be interesting second half
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Early days but Isted doesn't look great with his feet

Dean Kiely was rubbish with his feet and just about every keeper we have ever had.
    Ben Hamer did a good drop kick but got caught sometimes with his feet(Colchester at home 0-2 in 100+ season)

What's Isted like with his hands as I'm old fashion and believe that important for a keeper !
    At least Kiely knew he was crap with his feet so just kicked long for touch every time. Isted is pretending to be a sweeper keeper and giving us kittens. Haven’t seen enough to answer re his hands. 
    And 20 years ago, nobody played out from the back. Not even the legends of the game like Schmeichel or Seaman were good with their feet, whereas now lots of teams are passing from the back and NEED a keeper comfortable with it.
  • Options
    Wonder if @MillwallFan booed his lot off?  
  • Options
    No need to get another Right wing back in, Nathan asimwe is more than capable of nailing down that position. Plays with such maturity and calmness which belies his young age. Starts over egbo against orient for me. 
    Watching a different game to me, thought he was generally quite poor
  • Options
    In the 2011 friendly at the Den (the season where we later went up as Champions), we also scored twice in the first half.

(Difference being in 2011, it was 3-2 to the home side at half time... so basically, we're gonna smash 120 points this season)
    When we signed Morrison I thought we had a serious chance of promotion. I can't remember who else we had signed at that point but I started a thread on another forum called "We are going up as fucking champions"

When I went to the Millwall game and Powell played "his team" I knew we would be there or there abouts.  When you think of "Powell's team" 8 of them started, Green came on at half time.  Hamer replaced Elliott and then Yann joined.

This isn't "Holden's team" yet.  I think Powell's team played 13 games together as an 11, Bowyer’s team never actually played.

Half of these won't be in the team your look back on in 3,4,5,10 years time.

TLDR: If we don't win the league we will be bloody close!
  • Options
    May looks a pain in the arse to mark, drops deep and makes intelligent runs across defenders, would like to see him up top in a 2 with someone in the Kermorgant mold
  • Options
    Personally thought Assimwe has been found out a few times tonight defensively.
    Definitely, Deji has had to come across plenty of times. Wandered out of position a lot for me and seemed a bit slow to receive passes. 
  • Options
    HT sub Mitchell on Elerewe off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't Charlton declare now and go home.
    If Millwall wake up after we have pulled the Lion's tail it will be the Charlton crowd booing.
    This is promising that our reserves are playing so well 👏
  • Options
    16/1 to win the league 👀
  • Options
    Millwall sub Wallace off Evans on
  • Options
    Kicking towards the travelling Addicks 2nd half,,,✅
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    16/1 to win the league 👀
    now, or before kick off in this match?
  • Options
    Excellent I have sound this half... Cmon lads... I want to hear the home lot boo their team off at F/T

Must be hard for them on day release
  • Options
    Kicking towards the travelling Addicks 2nd half,,,✅
    As we did last time...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ok,  now the burning question is do I reboot my laptop and try to log in for the second half, and risk jinxing us, or go and sort out my washing instead?
    As long as you're in the kitchen you can do whatever you like ( it's a joke SORRY  :#)
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    As long as you're in the kitchen you can do whatever you like ( it's a joke SORRY  :#)
    RIP Bob
  • Options
    Boos from the home crowd
    `Me and my mates turned to each other and burst out laughing. It’s a fecking preaseason friendly ffs. They’re mad like they’re two nil down in a cup final.