Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wealdstone vs Charlton Athletic PSF 22/07/2023 3pm - Match (+post p8) Thread

Comments

• Options
    DH at 2:05… “it’s not the game we expected because we had a Premier League team that cancelled on us three a half weeks ago”
    Was Luton I think. Neither our pitch or their ground were ready to host 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    DH at 2:05… “it’s not the game we expected because we had a Premier League team that cancelled on us three a half weeks ago”
    Was Luton I think. Neither our pitch or their ground were ready to host 
    Makes sense… Luton are in Slovenia atm. They are playing Ipswich on Tuesday but it’s being played in Colchester!
  • Options
    Luton stadium not ready, their first league game postponed 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Watched on YouTube without knowing the score from 5 pm.
    Easy to spot that Camará is a good loan signing with his energy and runs forward. 
    Dobson, Fraser and Camará will probably be the starting 3 in the midfield and Anderson looks like a good prospect to make the 18 man squad. 

Hector, Dobson, Camará, Fraser, May are definitely starting the first game and possibly Ness and Jones if they are up to speed and I assume AMB but the other places are up for grab but Campbell, Anderson, Asiimwe are youngsters that are pushing to be included in the match day 18.

CBT is the X factor player who will have his moments ! Good luck Dean.

Miles Leaburn around September hopefully and the Left footed LB that we have needed for two seasons will join the club. (Ok I know the last Left footed LB on loan struggled)   

Really hard to judge where we are but Dean Holden deserves to have a go with whatever formation he feels is the best for as to finish higher, higher than 10th and find the extra 15 points or so to put Cafc in contention around the top 6.

Q. What position did Lloyd Jones play at Cambridge. Was it as a CB ? 
  • Options
    Easy to spot that Camará is a good loan signing with his energy and runs forward. 
    Dobson, Fraser and Camará will probably be the starting 3 in the midfield and Anderson looks like a good prospect to make the 18 man squad. 

Hector, Dobson, Camará, Fraser, May are definitely starting the first game and possibly Ness and Jones if they are up to speed and I assume AMB but the other places are up for grab but Campbell, Anderson, Asiimwe are youngsters that are pushing to be included in the match day 18.

Miles Leaburn around September hopefully and the Left footed LB that we have needed for two seasons will join the club. (Ok I know the last Left footed LB on loan struggled)   

Really hard to judge where we are but Dean Holden deserves to have a go with whatever formation he feels is the best for as to finish higher, higher than 10th and find the extra 15 points or so to put Cafc in contention around the top 6.

Yes, CB.
  • Options

Yes, CB.
    Played on the left of a 3. Was expecting that to be the same for us but he was on the right today with Ness on the left. Maybe a sign we could still bring in a left footed centre back to complete the back 3? 

• Options
    Excited by Camara. MacGrandles tidy, Jones an upgrade on Innis (who I liked). We do desperately need another robust centre forward. Kanu will be fine as say 4th or 5th choice. He was pretty good today apart from missing his big chance. Onwards and hopefully upwards. 
  • Options
    Who was the big feller who played on the left in defence?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    What half? First half it was Ness, second half was Elewere 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Hal1x said:

Deji Elerewe and Thomas are both big guys and played on the left in the 2nd half.
    Ness play LCB in first half but went to the right in 2nd half.
  • Options
    If there a better midfield then Fraser and Camara I will be shocked , also McGrandles and Kirk also showed up well , the only disappointments again were Kanu and Henry .

There a few young players that have booked their place in the first ream squad as well it's all very exciting and promising all we need is our luck to change with injuries 
  • Options
    Encouraging. Hard not to start getting excited about the new season. Yes Fraser looking good and a great 45 from Pan the man. Will try not to get carried away but feeling more confident than I have done in a while about a promotion push. UTA.

• Options
    Is everyone still on board the HMS Pisstheleague
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Aussies 211 for 5..64 behind Labuschangue out...if anyone interested..
    Please don't put the cricket on the thread, it's a shit sport. 🤣
    Alright Alright!!!,.. I get the message already🥱...mind you don't agree with the last bit...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another scuff finish for May , he’s getting his Charlton scoring boots going .
    Camara looks a world beater and raw as fcuk in the minimal of that video 
    5th goal was a thing of beauty by Anderson
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    From the moment I first saw Anderson play a couple of years ago I could see he had something a bit special. I do think he needs to be in the matchday squad this season.
  • Options
    Feel more confident than last season but tbf that's not difficult.
  • Options
    Feel more confident than last season but tbf that's not difficult.

15 goals scored in 5 games at this stage, only 3 conceded and we expect further strengthening. Hard not to be a little bit more confident. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Millwall match and the Aberdeen match will be a genuine wake up call, how close we can get to those teams is what we will learn from.

It has been an interesting pre season for Elewere who so far has played consistently well after being rather a forgotten man last season.

Interesting watching Charlie Barker yesterday, clearly the main man in the Wealdstone defence.
    Millwall only showing 2 friendlies so far, Sutton and Gillingham, so if that’s all they actually played then they might be a weaker test than we expect. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I think we should and probably will view Aberdeen as our first league game. I know it isn't but it is best if we are up to speed by then. The Millwall game then should be viewed as our last friendly and that means it is more than just about fitness in itself.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Solidgone said:
    Is everyone still on board the HMS Pisstheleague

No, that has been scuttled along with Thomas Sandgaard, Martin Sandgaard and Dr Raelyn Maloney. They were last seen on the Colorado River in a life boat.