Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wealdstone vs Charlton Athletic PSF 22/07/2023 3pm - Match (+post p8) Thread

Comments

• Options
    Aussies 211 for 5..64 behind Labuschangue out...if anyone interested..
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    We're playing a flat back 4 but Asiimwe seems hell bent on playing Right Wing whenever we're in possession. It's admirable but I wonder if positioning will become a weakness of his against better opponents 
    Probably under instructions to do so with Thomas on the opposite flank being able to tuck in. Can’t see Asiimwe being used in a flat back 4 much this season anyway 
  • Options
    Been another good workout this afternoon.

Impressed with the overall play, but could look a little better defensively - Looking forward to the matches against Millwall and Aberdeen, as we'll get a bit more of a benchmark against better opposition.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Please don't put the cricket score on any other thread other than the England cricket one. I was recording it. 
    ok, sorry mate...☹
  • Options
    As an aside, having had to watch the game on utube due to log in issues, I've just tried logging in again on both laptop and phone I'm still getting the same problems and messages, has anybody tried to log in again?
  • Options
    Please don't put the cricket score on any other thread other than the England cricket one. I was recording it. 
    Tbf he’s saved you from a painful first hour 
  • Options
    I'd keep May on pens, he's our main man and he needs the goals for confidence. Until he's missing them in proper games consistently I'd leave it as be. 

If Holden is seeing him score them in training just gotta trust he will put them away in the proper games. 
  • Options
    I was watching the fringe 1st team squad players players, Henry, McGrandals, DJ and Kirk. All had very average games, and on that showing shouldn't be in the first team squad. Henry and Kirk do not have enough pace and wayward with their passing. McGrandals also lacks pace and looks lightweight and again ball winning and passing was poor. DJ, appears to have lost his way and any ability to beat players. In my opinion all four should be sold or loned out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now we’re minted, can’t we get Le Tissier in as our penalty coach.
  • Options
    I'd keep May on pens, he's our main man and he needs the goals for confidence. Until he's missing them in proper games consistently I'd leave it as be. 

If Holden is seeing him score them in training just gotta trust he will put them away in the proper games. 
    Maybe our goalies are shit ?   D :D  :D 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I'm not to worried about Kanu. When he gets one he will get more. Maybe he is putting a bit too much pressure on himself.
  • Options
    I quite like the look of McGrandles, Camara and Fraser as a three. I imagine that Dobson is still very much going to get another chance but as much as he excels in that deep role, our new style midfield seems to need more dynamism going forward than he's shown so far.

An interesting problem to have to be fair.
  • Options
    I'm not to worried about Kanu. When he gets one he will get more. Maybe he is putting a bit too much pressure on himself.
    Its getting 1 thats the problem. Only scored one senior goal & that was in the pizza trophy. Just seems out of his depth atm. 
  • Options
    Solid display.  Camara really covers a lot of ground off the ball quickly.  I was surprised by how much Jones pushed forward from center half.  That certainly works against a non league side but left a lot of space for Hector to cover.  I like Ness but he seemed a little uncomfortable on the left covering for non defensive winger as a wingback.  McGrandles looks like a solid squad player.  I like that Fraser has the freedom to push forward.  My main problem with Egbo is that he rarely looks to take the opposing fullback off the dribble.  It really highlights the need for two wingbacks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s getting 1 thats the problem. Only scored one senior goal & that was in the pizza trophy. Just seems out of his depth atm. 
    I know first hand that Kanu is not as highly rated outside of Charlton. Spoke with an academy manager before and mentioned him and he wasn’t very complimentary about his touch and his general play. Imagine he will be back with the 23s after window is closed
  • Options
    I was watching the fringe 1st team squad players players, Henry, McGrandals, DJ and Kirk. All had very average games, and on that showing shouldn't be in the first team squad. Henry and Kirk do not have enough pace and wayward with their passing. McGrandals also lacks pace and looks lightweight and again ball winning and passing was poor. DJ, appears to have lost his way and any ability to beat players. In my opinion all four should be sold or loned out.
    Mcgrandles is the only one of them I would keep for now  and give a  chance.
  • Options
    Kanu not really impressed. Definitely needs a loan to prove himself worthy of place.

Not making, the transfer from youth to first team
  • Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anderson, Asiimwe, Elewere and Mitchell all making claims to be in the squad at the start of the season. 
    Presume they will be, if we play 3 at the back.
  • Options
    DH at 2:05… “it’s not the game we expected because we had a Premier League team that cancelled on us three a half weeks ago”
  • Options
    DH at 2:05… “it’s not the game we expected because we had a Premier League team that cancelled on us three a half weeks ago”
    Cawley mentioned a while back that we were meant to be playing Luton