Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who are our new owners then?

Comments

• edited July 2023
    By the way "Warren Rosenfeld" has inadvertently tripped up a few of us seeking to uncover who the investors were. On here,  @Henry Irving  and I were royally  tripped up...

There was a leak of names, which was sent to me on June 15 by a Lifer who had received it from elsewhere. They just cut and pasted what had been sent. Names, and brief description. All bang on the money, it turns out, except for the description of Rosenfeld, which was Warren Rosenfeld from Maryland, US.  Owns lots of restaurants.

So off I went scouring the web, and there wasn't a whole lot but eventually I found a Warren Rosenfeld who had about three small restaurants, one JV with a restaurant chain had failed, but he had previously been a lawyer and in real estate. No other alternatives seemed to come up. And Henry must have found the same bloke, because the following exchange took place on July 15 on the takeover thread...

Me: ...
    relieved not to see the name of a bloke who runs a couple of kosher restaurants on the New Jersey shoreline. 

Henners: Jewish but not kosher restaurants and in Delaware/Maryland not New Jersey.  23% stake, supposedly, same as GB and JF but where does his money come from?  Not his restaurants so at a guess his previous careers as a Washington DC corporate lawyer and real estate developer

And yesterday it turned out that Warren Rosenfeld is a completely different bloke based on the other side of the continent and in the scrap re-cycling business.

Important to fess up sometimes...but I wonder how the original source (I think I know who it is, but should not be named here) got the wrong info about only  that one.

I'm also a bit puzzled that Methven had said in the May interview that the 3rd big investor alongside F&B was from New York, which seemed to fit Rosenfeld the restaurant owner. Nobody else in the current list seems to fit that description
    There are four Warren Rosenfelds on LinkedIn, one of whom fits the restauranteur description. None of the other three are our Calbag Metals guy (two in healthcare, one in publishing).

Could your source, or source’s source, have been given WR’s name only, done some research themselves and assumed the wrong Rosenfeld?

That’s the only explanation I can think of.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/warren-rosenfeld-77a38012
  • Having said all of what I just said, google searching “warren rosenfeld calbag” returns this somewhat blank profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/warren-rosenfeld-bb947250
  • edited July 2023
    He seems to keep a low profile… no personal details or story on the company about page. And only one article dated from 1996.

https://www.recyclingtoday.com/article/calbag-eyes-the-future/

https://www.calbag.com/our-team/
  • edited July 2023
    He seems to keep a low profile… no personal details or story on the company about page. And only one article dated from 1996.

Well his favourite metal is Antimony.

What more do you want?
  • edited July 2023
    So, all very transparent then.

NOT. 

Good way to start 🙄.
  • on the ACA article Methvan is described as BoD. What does that stand for?
    Bored of Dossiers :-) 
    Big old... 
    Bullshitter of Distinction
  • Board of directors?
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    mendonca said:
    Does anybody on here know Munir, or Gavin? 

It’s been mentioned on ITTV that @newyorkaddick knows Mr Munir through business and has written to him to wish him luck. Evidently he represents the 3 richest men in Brazil. 
    Hi - yes I know him (very nice guy) and am in touch since yesterday's news, but to clarify he used to work for the billionaire Brazilians and now manages significant investments for them but 'represents' isn't the right term.  Indeed I think that link is probably irrelevant from our standpoint though may change in the future if we show some potential perhaps.

He's wealthy in his own right (not uber wealthy but can certainly afford to finance say 10% of the club's annual losses without issue). By his own admission knows little about football.
    Interesting, thanks. Any insight into his motivation? Purely looking for a return on investment? 
  • does it really matter ? most of you guys don't even go to the games and complain about everything from the ticket prices to the price of a beer in the ground.
  • What chances are there we’ll ever see any of these “money men” at The Valley ? 
    A bit like my waistline, slim.
  • He seems to keep a low profile… no personal details or story on the company about page. And only one article dated from 1996.

The article describes a family business which recently acquired two more business and that he now has 100 employees. Doesn’t sound like he’s in the 100s of millions of dollars wealth category.

i now know more about nonferrous metal recycling in the Pacific North West than I ever dreamed was possible. Being a Charlton fan is a multifarious wonder. 

But the article is from 27 years ago. If the business and the market has continued to expand in that time, he could well be worth hundreds of millions. The article mentions that he was doing business with India and China back in 1996, and those economies have expanded significantly in the intervening years.
  • whoever they are .. show us the fucking MONEY !
    Come on mate, you know better than this. Dushitelet spent loads.
  • I'm.hoping we'll get some sort of statement from 1 or 2 of the investors or maybe even a full interview on the OS before long. It may help all of us understand the short/medium term goals and we can finally get back to watching and  talking football. Then all the versions of the takeover threads can be consigned to history for at least a couple if years!
    I'm quite excited by the coming season and slightly optimistic of success.
  • Would anyone know, there are the ‘groups’ and within some of those groups there are a composition of smaller contributing investors.

Are any of those groups and investors structurally able to sell their share on at their own discretion and at their own terms?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hasn't the Hollywood story of Wrexham garnered the interest of many business owners in the States to get a relative small stake and risk in an EFL club for kudos and the journey of a lifetime experience ?
    A small part of their portfolio but a sporting one which may appeal to their adrenaline.

I'm being melodramatic but as long as we don't become a snuff movie just for once, can't Cafc be a family film with a happy ending ?

Camará with the Oscar at the end 💁🏿‍♂️
  • Would anyone know, there are the ‘groups’ and within some of those groups there are a composition of smaller contributing investors.

Are any of those groups and investors structurally able to sell their share on at their own discretion and at their own terms?
    No idea, but it seems unlikely to me. At least, I would expect the other investors to be given first refusal before they can be offered outside that group. The shareholders' agreement will cover that, but I doubt we will ever see it.

• Leuth said:
    Excited for increasingly lurid, salacious and downright sordid club communications if @Carter is involved tbh 
     no you're going down the wrong line of enquiry here - Gavin Carter actually stands for vinegar cart - the 'mystery man' performing this role will have  the job of distilling any vinegar that is pissed and making it palletable - i understand a prominent member of another fans forum is actually the mystery man but that could just be a wind up? 
  • I'm.hoping we'll get some sort of statement from 1 or 2 of the investors or maybe even a full interview on the OS before long. It may help all of us understand the short/medium term goals and we can finally get back to watching and  talking football. Then all the versions of the takeover threads can be consigned to history for at least a couple if years!
    I'm quite excited by the coming season and slightly optimistic of success.
    I don't think that will happen as they are strictly hands off.
    bellend of docuseries? (i've not seen it by the way)
  • edited July 2023
    Would anyone know, there are the ‘groups’ and within some of those groups there are a composition of smaller contributing investors.

no, i believe most of the texan's were duped into offering up their life savings and are mainly unable to read or write afka - i think thats what the prospectus insisted on although can't be sure as never seen it - only a few have