Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who are our new owners then?

Comments

• edited July 2023
    It is good that the consortium have a fan on the board just a pity that instead of Mr Carter we had a member of CAST on the board. Mr Carter is an "investor" but surely us fans could have raised some finance to invest as a board member from CAST.
    What’s not to stop the supporters club asking Carter if he would like to join their board? 
  • From January

A lightbulb moment perhaps?
  • bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    mendonca said:
    Does anybody on here know Munir, or Gavin? 

In respect on Munir mate the Greenwich he is from is in the States not Seth London. I hope he is aware and does think he has bought shares in his local team 😂 
    Seth London.
    I like it.
    ‘I swear allegiance to the Peoples Republic of South East London.
    One nation under the Catford Cat.’

I thought you were against nationalism :)
    Yeah true.
    ’I swear allegiance to the Peoples of the World, One Planet Under the Catford Cat’.
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    mendonca said:

In respect on Munir mate the Greenwich he is from is in the States not Seth London. I hope he is aware and does think he has bought shares in his local team 😂 
    Seth London.
    I like it.

Yeah true.
    ’I swear allegiance to the Peoples of the World, One Planet Under the Catford Cat’.
    All people’s ??? Even Brexit voters, torries etc 😂 
  • AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    mendonca said:

Seth London.
    I like it.

Yeah true.
    FFS even!

‘I swear allegiance to the People’s of the World except leave voters, Tories, and racists. One Planet Under the Catford Cat’.
  • seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    mendonca said:

Seth London.
    I like it.

Yeah true.
    FFS even!

‘I swear allegiance to the People’s of the World except leave voters, Tories, and racists. One Planet Under the Catford Cat’.
    How about TK (burger boy) as you can’t assume he is any of those caveats 😂 
  • AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    mendonca said:

Seth London.
    I like it.

Yeah true.
    FFS even!

FFS even more.

I swear allegiance to the peoples of the world except leavers, Tories, racists, carnivores and the Spanish Inquisition. One Planet Under The Catford Cat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why the over analysing? 

None of us know much so why be hyper vigilant when at the moment there’s nothing to suggest we need to be on our guard.

If it plays out differently over the coming months let’s act then!

There’s nothing to fear bar fear itself and it ain’t knocking on the door 🚪 yet.
  • Anyone know what share Doris the Tea Lady owns?
  • seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    AndyG said:
    mendonca said:

Seth London.
    I like it.

Yeah true.
    FFS even!

FFS even more.

I swear allegiance to the peoples of the world except leavers, Tories, racists, carnivores and the Spanish Inquisition. One Planet Under The Catford Cat.

Except dogs as well by the look of it!
  • on the ACA article Methvan is described as BoD. What does that stand for?
    He is the new banger of drum in upper north. I assumed was board of directors but maybe something else?
  • edited July 2023
    Solidgone said:
    Does anyone else read Marc Bolan as one of the shareholders or am I just bonkers? 🥸
    Yep - I catch myself doing this every time!
  • Are their initial working  capital commitments necessarily commensurate to their shareholdings? Presumably so, but do we have any idea what this is likely to look like?

I understand they need to convince the EFL they can fund two year’s running costs.

But once the two years are up, if they can’t flip the club, are they responsible for further  liabilities again based upon shareholding %?

How exactly does it work? Sorry if this is all obvious but I think I’ve got too used to individual ownership and I’m unclear how a loss making multi shareholder business operates once initial working capital has been exhausted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe the NYC investor had pulled out? Or is hiding behind one of the other names as a faceless moneyman? Munir Javer has hardly any info on him out there, perhaps he's a front for a different person? I see Boyan has recently entered a partnership with Idris Elba, and has interests listed in London, New York and LA, maybe he's the other big player (though I doubt it, he doesn't seem to have the clout of the others)
  • Are their initial working  capital commitments necessarily commensurate to their shareholdings? Presumably so, but do we have any idea what this is likely to look like?

I understand they need to convince the EFL they can fund two year’s running costs.

But once the two years are up, if they can’t flip the club, are they responsible for further  liabilities again based upon shareholding %?

How exactly does it work? Sorry if this is all obvious but I think I’ve got too used to individual ownership and I’m unclear how a loss making multi shareholder business operates once initial working capital has been exhausted.
    A football club is just like any other business mate and if the cash runs out then the choice is dell if you can, raise more funds from shareholders or fold. They might have had to show proof of funds for 2 years but there is no legal obligation to do so.
    when I said football clubs are like any other business I’m incorrect as most are trading insolvent it seems which if I as a director of a company did that I would be in trouble 
  • By the way "Warren Rosenfeld" has inadvertently tripped up a few of us seeking to uncover who the investors were. On here,  @Henry Irving  and I were royally  tripped up...

There was a leak of names, which was sent to me on June 15 by a Lifer who had received it from elsewhere. They just cut and pasted what had been sent. Names, and brief description. All bang on the money, it turns out, except for the description of Rosenfeld, which was Warren Rosenfeld from Maryland, US.  Owns lots of restaurants.

So off I went scouring the web, and there wasn't a whole lot but eventually I found a Warren Rosenfeld who had about three small restaurants, one JV with a restaurant chain had failed, but he had previously been a lawyer and in real estate. No other alternatives seemed to come up. And Henry must have found the same bloke, because the following exchange took place on July 15 on the takeover thread...

Me: ...
    relieved not to see the name of a bloke who runs a couple of kosher restaurants on the New Jersey shoreline. 

Henners: Jewish but not kosher restaurants and in Delaware/Maryland not New Jersey.  23% stake, supposedly, same as GB and JF but where does his money come from?  Not his restaurants so at a guess his previous careers as a Washington DC corporate lawyer and real estate developer

And yesterday it turned out that Warren Rosenfeld is a completely different bloke based on the other side of the continent and in the scrap re-cycling business.

Important to fess up sometimes...but I wonder how the original source (I think I know who it is, but should not be named here) got the wrong info about only  that one.

I'm also a bit puzzled that Methven had said in the May interview that the 3rd big investor alongside F&B was from New York, which seemed to fit Rosenfeld the restaurant owner. Nobody else in the current list seems to fit that description
    Connecticut is adjacent to New York so could it be a short hand/generalised way of referring to Munir or rather his location? Especially if at the time CM himself didn't know too much about him.
  • What chances are there we’ll ever see any of these “money men” at The Valley ? 
  • Anyone know what share Doris the Tea Lady owns?
    Trolley, teapot, 40 tea bags (filthy woman) and a few cups and saucers 
  • Solidgone said:
    Does anyone else read Marc Bolan as one of the shareholders or am I just bonkers? 🥸
    Get it on !
  • whoever they are .. show us the fucking MONEY !