Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who are our new owners then?

edited July 2023 in General Charlton
According to the OS, our new owners are Global Football Partners via its UK subsidiary SE7 Partners, and GFP is made up of seven shareholders with 5%+ each, namely:

Gabriel Brener and family
Private investor and former majority shareholder of a Major League Soccer team

Joshua Friedman and family 
Co-Founder, Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer of Canyon Partners, LLC, a leading global alternative asset management firm

Warren Rosenfeld and family
Owner of major US Recycling firm Calbag Metals

ACA Football Partners (acafp.com)
Singapore-based group that invests in football with a focus on building a foundation for sustainable growth

Munir Javer
Founder of Connecticut-based investment firm Sahana Capital

Marc Boyan 
CEO Miroma Group (global marketing, media and content company) and Miroma Ventures

Charlie Methven
Sports and leisure industry entrepreneur and adviser

For those of us who've not been wading through most of the hundreds of pages of takeover thread or have just lost track of the myriad names involved at different points, if anyone can provide any further confirmed details about the major shareholders, that would be helpful. Apparently the other 65% of the shareholding is held by a number of smaller investors (I'm not sure if the percentage is significant in terms of voting rights etc, so perhaps the finance/corporate law types could weigh in here)

As far as the club board is concerned, it will consist of:

• Jim Rodwell (new Managing Director) who will be chair for this season,
  • the rest of the SMT (which if I'm reading it right is Finance Director Ed Warrick, a new Technical Director and Performance Director, and the Commercial Director, which will be Steve Sutherland on an interim basis)
  • Paul Elliott (the former player, not the ESI one) as a non-executive director
  • Gavin Carter (GFP investor and lifelong Charlton fan) as a non-executive director

Comments

• edited July 2023
    think i read somewhere the two Brener and Friedman family's hold over 30% each. 
  • Pleased the takeover has completed but Rosenfeld concerns me a little as Calbag Metals are quoted as a major US recycling firm yet are regional at best. That's fine except for if that's being spun what else is? 

• I guess the main question I’d have is how much would each investor be willing to put in to pay for players/ coaches etc? Who decides how much is spent by everyone and when?
    Sounds like the owners won’t be running the club, that’ll be done by the board and SMT.
  • Methven is in fact not therefore on the board as per his own statements regarding his role going forwards and "day to day" management, which is good to see (if taken at face value of course and he does not take it on himself to provide "advice.")
  • sam3110 said:
    IanJRO said:
    Pleased the takeover has completed but Rosenfeld concerns me a little as Calbag Metals are quoted as a major US recycling firm yet are regional at best. That's fine except for if that's being spun what else is? 

You can be Major and be regional. People forget that America as a whole is as big as the entirety of Europe. So if you're a major player in Recycling in The UK, that's the equivalent of being a major player in Recycling in the Pacific Northwest. (That's also just one stream of his revenue)
    The stat used to be that if California was as a country and not a state, it'd be the world's 4th largest economy. 
  • I guess the main question I’d have is how much would each investor be willing to put in to pay for players/ coaches etc? Who decides how much is spent by everyone and when?

This is a very good point.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    I guess the main question I’d have is how much would each investor be willing to put in to pay for players/ coaches etc? Who decides how many chips in a portion and when?

• edited July 2023
    Tweets don’t embed on my iPhone/or I can’t figure it out but Hiroyuki Ono of ACA Football has tweeted that Methven invited him:

https://twitter.com/hiroacafootball/status/1682487793937965058?s=46&t=M-NDf3oHELIxCYVPW64aVg

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/hiroyuki-ono
  • We are now officially minted. It's now a case of the owners ambition and working diligently around the EFLs rules around transfer fees and salaries.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am no expert on these things, the expression "too many cooks" comes to mind with this ownership.  However, I am guessing here in that whoever has the highest % ownership has the final say.
  • I dunno. Sounds like it could easily descend into different investors arguing; none of them have any emotional attachment but perhaps that is wishful thinking. I don't see any evidence that we are minted. 

Given your username you'll probably agree that it is a shame we do not have Matthew Benham as our owner.
  • That depends if Friedman and Brener are in agreement. Say they own 35% each then they can be overuled by the rest. 
  • I like the recruitment thus far & feel positive for the first time in an age. There are positives about communication and I think the avoidance of undeliverable promises shows some appreciation of how difficult things have been. The absence of terrible metal songs will surely be the biggest bonus 

Something about the complexity & location of the ownership sits uneasily however and I’m still concerned that there will be a dash for promotion and that we will be flipped. I still don’t think that the club has hidden short term value beyond that.

I guess we enjoy the ride, be mindful of the pitfalls, support the new regime but hold them to account ….
  • Fair enough but people do fall out in business is ll I'm saying.