Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Leyton Orient - Pre-Season Friendly.

Comments

• Payne is our only player that can skip past people in central areas. I don’t mind him at all.
    i have to say i've not been a fan of Payne so far, but he has looked very bright in this game. Let's hope he can do that during the actual season. The amount of loose passes from our CB has been a bit concerning, however taken with a pinch of salt as it's pre-season. Let's hope that don't continue into the season. Get that shit out your system now lads lol!
  • Oggy Red said:
    It doesn't appear I missed much.
    The sun finally appeared, rain stopped so the goats were allowed out & mucking out had to be done.

Back now for the last quarter 😊
    The rain has already stopped in your part of Ireland?

Maybe there's hope for deluged, bedraggled and very soggy Cornwall.....?

And the sun is shining.
    Keep the faith 😊
    I'm on my knees praying, we're being drenched and battered by rain driven horizontally by strong winds. Sunny Cornwall? You're having a larf. :)

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    The sun finally appeared, rain stopped so the goats were allowed out & mucking out had to be done.

And the sun is shining.
    Keep the faith 😊
    I'm on my knees praying, we're being drenched and battered by rain driven horizontally by strong winds. Sunny Cornwall? You're having a larf. :)

Oh good... So long as the nice weather doesnt hit Cornwall until towards the end of August I dont mind ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Based on preseason so far

Isted
    Hector Ness Thomas
    Egbo Dobson Fraser Blackett-Taylor
    Payne
    May Campbell

Is how I'd probably start the first game of the season.

I'm expecting Lloyd to get some game time and show why he'll start ahead of Thomas, and I'm also hoping a new striker and a new wingback come in, and maybe McGrandles or a new midfielder to come in and mean Fraser plays further forward and Payne drops to the bench
    It just shows how much work there is left to do, even adding Jones in there.  The front 7, 6 where here last season and they weren't all in our best 11 then.

I know there is plenty of time left but I want at least 3 or 4 who walk straight into that team and another 4 or 5 that give better cover than what we have got.  At least 3 or 4 need moving on as well.

THIS. 

Still plenty of time to go, but we are far away from being a promotion team as things stand. 
  • The famous DJ left foot getting a showing there
  • edited July 2023
    Hector | Campbell | Payne have been the pick of the bunch from this group of players... Not really noticed McGrandles too much, not necessarily a bad thing.

Elerewe and Asiimwe have been the standouts of the Academy Players - But dont see any breaking into the First-Team on a regular basis from the "showing".

DJ really doesnt have a future here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute borefest.
    a few of them need to find new clubs and some of the youngsters need to go out on loan. 
    Orient were better for 3 of the quarters. 
    We only looked bright first 15. 
  • The last 30 mins the worse of the lot.  Kanu needs a loan out an NLS or NLN team just not looking ready for fully professional football, DJ looks like he has lost another yard of pace and cannot turn the opponent at all. 
    Hector the only player who looked ready for the season. 
    I would guess first game of the season looks likely to be a draw.
  • edited July 2023
    Sounds like I was lucky I had a meeting at 11:30am, after watching the first 60 minutes.
  • Delighted Bakrin played well.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

Isted
    Hector Ness Thomas
    Payne
    May Campbell

I'm expecting Lloyd to get some game time and show why he'll start ahead of Thomas, and I'm also hoping a new striker and a new wingback come in, and maybe McGrandles or a new midfielder to come in and mean Fraser plays further forward and Payne drops to the bench
    It just shows how much work there is left to do, even adding Jones in there.  The front 7, 6 where here last season and they weren't all in our best 11 then.

I know there is plenty of time left but I want at least 3 or 4 who walk straight into that team and another 4 or 5 that give better cover than what we have got.  At least 3 or 4 need moving on as well.

THIS. 

Still plenty of time to go, but we are far away from being a promotion team as things stand. 
    While I agree.  Given the ownership uncertainty and how far along into the summer we are, it probably not realistic.  If I had to guess, I would expect a starting fullback and starting midfielder to come in and a reserve center forward (as cover for Leaburn injury) and a reserve midfielder to come in.  

We are probably going to have to live with the likes of our youth (Ness, elewere, bakrin) as reserve center halves, either Asiimwe or Chin as a reserve wingback, McGrandles/Payne as reserve midfielders and one of Campbell/Kirk/DJ out of position as backup forwards.  Not ideal.  Feels like a slightly better than mid table club to me but we will see.
  • Goal Orient 1-1 it had been coming.
    Something we heard a lot last season, let’s hope less so this coming one.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

Isted
    Hector Ness Thomas
    Payne
    May Campbell

THIS. 

While I agree.  Given the ownership uncertainty and how far along into the summer we are, it probably not realistic.  If I had to guess, I would expect a starting fullback and starting midfielder to come in and a reserve center forward (as cover for Leaburn injury) and a reserve midfielder to come in.  

We are probably going to have to live with the likes of our youth (Ness, elewere, bakrin) as reserve center halves, either Asiimwe or Chin as a reserve wingback, McGrandles/Payne as reserve midfielders and one of Campbell/Kirk/DJ out of position as backup forwards.  Not ideal.  Feels like a slightly better than mid table club to me but we will see.
    The loans, and hopefully we use them properly/well this time, will be the key.

5 players on the level of JRS and Sessegnon suddenly makes it a completely different kettle of fish.

I get the need for some sort of consistency and longer term planning but that's a lot easier in the championship.  Bowyers team was, in all honesty shit or bust.  I think we are probably slightly better off now than when we kicked that season off so we can certainly do it in the time available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

And the sun is shining.
    Keep the faith 😊

Oh good... So long as the nice weather doesnt hit Cornwall until towards the end of August I dont mind ;)
    Mate, you've already missed it. Winter started last Tuesday. :)

• Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

Isted
    Hector Ness Thomas
    Payne
    May Campbell

THIS. 

The loans, and hopefully we use them properly/well this time, will be the key.

5 players on the level of JRS and Sessegnon suddenly makes it a completely different kettle of fish.

I get the need for some sort of consistency and longer term planning but that's a lot easier in the championship.  Bowyers team was, in all honesty shit or bust.  I think we are probably slightly better off now than when we kicked that season off so we can certainly do it in the time available.
    Reminder of our team that day. That squad wasn’t getting in the playoffs, never mind getting close to the top two and winning them.

Phillips

Solly Bauer Pearce

Marshall    Pratley      Page

Lapslie   Aribo

Taylor     Grant

Subs

AMB
    Sarr
    Maloney
    Hackett-Fairchild
    Ajose
  • Maynard-Brewer
    Hector - Ness - Thomas
    Egbo - Payne - Dobson - X
    Fraser
    May - X
    My preference as it stands. 
  • Kirk is once again showing some nice touches whenever he gets on the ball - Saw this from him, this time last year though.
    Thought he was decent Wycombe away early season
  • Alfie May scores, hopefully the start of a Haalandish run of scoring...
    Reminds me of Mendonca at St Patrick's
  • Ferryman said:
    Kirk is once again showing some nice touches whenever he gets on the ball - Saw this from him, this time last year though.
    Thought he was decent Wycombe away early season
    He's clearly talented but like many others sometimes seems disinterested if they don't get sent every pass. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Maynard-Brewer
    Hector - Ness - Thomas
    Egbo - Payne - Dobson - X
    Fraser
    May - X
    My preference as it stands. 
    That's 8 players from last season...
  • Bueno dios esto es una mierda!
  • I was only half watching the game. People shouldn't expect too much, the players will have had an intense week of mainly physical training, so the football side won't be ready yet.

We do desperately need more strikers though, as playing 352 with just May as a recognised striker just doesn't work. Chelsea showed last season that you can have all the midfielders in the world, but without someone up top you will be ineffective.
  • Second half side…

——————Isted
     ——-Bakrin Hector Elerewe
     Asiimwe Dobson McGrandles Chin
     ——————Payne
     ———-Jaiyesimi Campbell
    DJ Campbell up top!