Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Leyton Orient - Pre-Season Friendly.

Comments

• Options
    So does Holden like Kirk and is keen to keep him around? Starting him in a friendly 3 weeks before the first game doesn't suggest to me that he's on his way out.

Or is it more a case of we don't have any other senior strikers fit, so he's trying to see if this could work?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So does Holden like Kirk and is keen to keep him around? Starting him in a friendly 3 weeks before the first game doesn't suggest to me that he's on his way out.

Or is it more a case of we don't have any other senior strikers fit, so he's trying to see if this could work?
    I'd say more of the latter...

Whilst I hope he's getting a chance as he shows moments - He's equally showing this half why he's too much of a risk, feels like we have ten men out there.

Be telling how DJ does in what I suspect will be a similar role
  • Options
    Anderson is incredible. Very similar to Aribo in the way he seems to effortlessly hold players off of him. Drives forward with the ball very well and has an eye for a pass. As a couple have already mentioned, ahead of Henry in the pecking order for me.
    Probably competing with McGrandles would we say in the Midfield? - Very much a box to box type player by the looks of things
    Hopefully they are both competing with at least one player we haven't signed yet! 
  • Options
    May off after 45. Campbell on
  • Options
    Terry Smith is quite bad at reading the game sometimes. That offside was clearly against Campbell, not Kirk
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anderson is incredible. Very similar to Aribo in the way he seems to effortlessly hold players off of him. Drives forward with the ball very well and has an eye for a pass. As a couple have already mentioned, ahead of Henry in the pecking order for me.
    Probably competing with McGrandles would we say in the Midfield? - Very much a box to box type player by the looks of things
    Hopefully they are both competing with at least one player we haven't signed yet! 
    I very much hope so, based on the fact that we've not really replaced Morgan, and tried to get El Mizouni
  • Options
    Neither Kirk nor CBT fit the 3-5-2 system
  • Options
    Christ almighty, that throw in
  • Options
    Christ he is so crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Egbo does
  • Options
    Btw, watching this, anyone would assume Terell Thomas is our best player. He's in the starting lineup for the season proper 
  • Options
    In a way, I’m glad we have an Albie Morgan regen coming out of the academy. I can just copy and paste all my complaints from the Albie thread and reuse them.
  • Options
    Oh what a shame, I thought Kirk's effort had gone in
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Christ he is so crap
    Who? - You need to be more specific with this team ;)
    I have one particular player in this side I have zero time for - usually not hard to work out who (it's always a midfielder)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    We have looked very leggy in the second quarter. Orient look fitter and sharper. One or two of ours look absolutely knackered.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Christ he is so crap
    Who? - You need to be more specific with this team ;)
    I have one particular player in this side I have zero time for - usually not hard to work out who (it's always a midfielder)
    I thought you meant him... I actually forgot that Henry was playing until you complained
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Neither Kirk nor CBT fit the 3-5-2 system
    I think they both fit it more than Campbell who I think is the biggest loser from our formation change. 

CBT played wing back for Jackson and did pretty well. Also once we have signed a proper LWB then he can be used as an impact sub which he is very effective at. From pre-season so far the wing backs have played very high up so probably a more attacking 3-5-2 than Jackson’s also 

Kirk doesn’t really fit but he did play up front quite well last season against Pompey and burton. I think he will leave though as for that role as May’s backup I’m sure we’d rather use 2 of our own in Kanu and Campbell 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Egbo and Campbell combine to get behind the back line but no striker in position for the tap in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mitchell has been horrible. I haven’t seen much of him in the past.  Why is everybody so high his potential? Just one bad performance?

Fraser, Egbo, Isted and Thomas looking solid.
  • Options
    Nice move, feel like that's where if you have a more natural striker on the pitch they see that and have a tap in.

And then they score
  • Options
    Goal Orient 1-1 it had been coming.
  • Options
    Decent goal.
  • Options
    Mitchell has been horrible. I haven’t seen much of him in the past.  Why is everybody so high his potential? Just one bad performance?

Fraser, Egbo, Isted and Thomas looking solid.
    He'll hopefully do better in a more experienced back line - His best quality is his ability to bring the ball out, and usually his passing ability.

He'll probably end being better in Dobson's role
  • Options
    Egbo and Campbell combine to get behind the back line but no striker in position for the tap in
    I thought Kirk was in a good position but the cross was poor? 
  • Options
    HT (if you can call it that) 1-1
  • Options
    I'll find out from my Leyton Orient colleague later, to see the measure of their teams that they've put out.

I'm hoping this is their better squad
  • Options
    End of quarter 2. Who's performing during the half-time show?