Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Leyton Orient - Pre-Season Friendly.

Comments

• Options
    We’re gonna win the league… 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Thats what I wanted to see today - Cant wait to see May and Leaburn as a Strike pairing.

Should have been a penalty anyway
  • Options
    Like the look of Anderson 
  • Options
    Will prob get pelters for this but can we give Kirk a break with the offside thing? Yes I am sure he knows the rule but playing in a role he isnt used too will change his perception of things. After a few more games and he is still doing it then yes, he should do better!!
    Think the frustrating thing about that offside was that he just needed to stay behind the ball - He didnt even need to be level with the last man
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    May | Anderson | Fraser | Egbo | Thomas have been the impressive ones from that first quarter.

Doesnt mean the others have been rubbish, those like Isted havent really had much to do to be impressive.
  • Options
    None of us know whether he was actually offside tbf
  • Options
    I'm a Fraser stan, so understandably bias, but I think he has look mustard this pre season so far.
    That’s another fine mess you’ve got yourself into 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May | Anderson | Fraser | Egbo | Thomas have been the impressive ones from that first quarter
    Egbo has looked a lot better going forward than CBT this quarter, but he seems to have more space as well, which may be due to LO being more worried about CBT.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    May is an upgrade on Washington.
    What about Bonne?
  • Options
    What’s that all about…Alfie 🎶
  • Options
    Will prob get pelters for this but can we give Kirk a break with the offside thing? Yes I am sure he knows the rule but playing in a role he isnt used too will change his perception of things. After a few more games and he is still doing it then yes, he should do better!!
    Think the frustrating thing about that offside was that he just needed to stay behind the ball - He didnt even need to be level with the last man
    I get that but he needs to learn the positioning of the role. It sounds so simple but it really isnt after you have played a certain position for X-amount of time.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    None of us know whether he was actually offside tbf
    Also true - I was very surprised anyone could be offside from that cross… either Kirk got it very wrong (possible) or the lino is a dodgy local (equally possible).
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Redrobo said:
    Ferryman said:
    Addicks To Victory on Charlton TV…
    For the last time?
    its not on The Valley playlist for next season.
    Pity, I know I am in a minority but I really liked it.
    You’re not, I quite liked it too.

Hopefully TS will play it to a packed Valley as a farewell gift to the supporters?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Anderson is incredible. Very similar to Aribo in the way he seems to effortlessly hold players off of him. Drives forward with the ball very well and has an eye for a pass. As a couple have already mentioned, ahead of Henry in the pecking order for me.
    Probably competing with McGrandles would we say in the Midfield? - Very much a box to box type player by the looks of things
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice play by Orient and a strong save from Isted
  • Options
    Anderson is incredible. Very similar to Aribo in the way he seems to effortlessly hold players off of him. Drives forward with the ball very well and has an eye for a pass. As a couple have already mentioned, ahead of Henry in the pecking order for me.
    I think they are for different roles. Henry likes to play as the deeper midfielder (which long term I can’t see working as defensively he’s not good enough), Anderson wants to play as one of the 2 either side that can get forward 
  • Options
    If I was ref I'd have given Orient the free-kick in our box there, Isted had it for 20 seconds!
  • Options
    Mitchell's passing has been wayward in this match.
  • Options
    Another nice move from them, till the final pass. Both moves in that RWB/RCB position
  • Options
    Orient play the ball very nicely dont they, when they get round our area - Something for us to think about when we play them on the opening day
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    May is an upgrade on Washington.
    You just made me notice we’re playing 3-5-2 with no. 9 and no. 14 up front.

It’s like the glory days of Stockley and Washington all over again.