Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Leyton Orient - Pre-Season Friendly.

Comments

• Options
    That was a cross so I won't count it
  • Options
    Second half side…

——————Isted
     ——-Bakrin Hector Elerewe
     Asiimwe Dobson McGrandles Chin
     ——————Payne
     ———-Jaiyesimi Campbell
    That forward three would decimate a Hobbit league
  • Options
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    May is an upgrade on Washington.
    Stating the bleedin obvious :)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Terry Smith is quite bad at reading the game sometimes. That offside was clearly against Campbell, not Kirk
    He gets very excited at times, when i listened on the radio, it seemed as tho we would score 10 goals every game :)
  • Options
    Nice effort from Payne, shame the player on the far post wasnt closer for the tap in.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He'll negate all of your nonsense with a scrappy goal you know
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    Southbank said:
    Neither Kirk nor CBT fit the 3-5-2 system
    I think they both fit it more than Campbell who I think is the biggest loser from our formation change. 

CBT played wing back for Jackson and did pretty well. Also once we have signed a proper LWB then he can be used as an impact sub which he is very effective at. From pre-season so far the wing backs have played very high up so probably a more attacking 3-5-2 than Jackson’s also 

Kirk doesn’t really fit but he did play up front quite well last season against Pompey and burton. I think he will leave though as for that role as May’s backup I’m sure we’d rather use 2 of our own in Kanu and Campbell 
    If we go into the season with Kanu, green as a pepper tree, and Campbell a winger who is still wet behind the ears as the only back up for May we best hope he plays 40+ games next season.

There is still a lot of work to do in both directions.
    We’d also have Leaburn when fit, and another new striker. So those 2 and May would be ahead of Kanu and TC. I do think Kanu will be fine, he looked good in Holdens 3-5-2 against Peterborough, just needs a partner like Leaburn or someone more physical (new signing) to do that side of the game. 

Don’t think we can expect 2 more strikers to be brought in as that’s a lot of budget on the front line and we still have holes elsewhere in the team to fill 
    If your playing two "central strikers" you need 4 of them else you are setting yourself up to fail.  Especially with 5 subs.
  • Options
    Egbo and Campbell combine to get behind the back line but no striker in position for the tap in
    I thought Kirk was in a good position but the cross was poor? 
    A bit of pace across the six yard box… didn’t see anything wrong with it myself.
    I just thought he had time to look up and pick out Kirk, Callum? 
  • Options
    Everything is going through Payne so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Payne looking very lively... Shame I dont think it ever works having him and Fraser playing together
  • Options
  • Options
    Orient defender making a bid to fill our striker gap
  • Options
    Everything is going through Payne so far
    I like him, gets bad press on here tho
  • Options
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    Southbank said:
    Neither Kirk nor CBT fit the 3-5-2 system
    I think they both fit it more than Campbell who I think is the biggest loser from our formation change. 

CBT played wing back for Jackson and did pretty well. Also once we have signed a proper LWB then he can be used as an impact sub which he is very effective at. From pre-season so far the wing backs have played very high up so probably a more attacking 3-5-2 than Jackson’s also 

Kirk doesn’t really fit but he did play up front quite well last season against Pompey and burton. I think he will leave though as for that role as May’s backup I’m sure we’d rather use 2 of our own in Kanu and Campbell 
    If we go into the season with Kanu, green as a pepper tree, and Campbell a winger who is still wet behind the ears as the only back up for May we best hope he plays 40+ games next season.

There is still a lot of work to do in both directions.
    We’d also have Leaburn when fit, and another new striker. So those 2 and May would be ahead of Kanu and TC. I do think Kanu will be fine, he looked good in Holdens 3-5-2 against Peterborough, just needs a partner like Leaburn or someone more physical (new signing) to do that side of the game. 

Don’t think we can expect 2 more strikers to be brought in as that’s a lot of budget on the front line and we still have holes elsewhere in the team to fill 
    If you’re playing two "central strikers" you need 4 of them else you are setting yourself up to fail.  Especially with 5 subs.
    I agree, just would be happy with Kanu being one of the 4, but if he’s not going to get on ahead of DJ then maybe he’s not going to be. He’d be a lot cheaper and easier than bringing in a 4th choice senior striker. I was thinking we would end up with: 

May
    Leaburn
    New signing 
    Kanu
    Campbell 

Plus Aneke whenever he is fit. New signing would have to be good so I’d rather use Kanu as 4th and spend more on on that new signing, rather than loan Kanu out and then have to spread the budget to cover 2 more 
  • Options
    Payne is an attacking midfielder.  His style suits a 352 instead of last year where he played deeper in the midfield or as a wide forward. I don’t want him starting but he is a decent option fr the bench if you are looking for some creativity
  • Options
    Payne is fine but I just don’t think you can fit him and Fraser into the same midfield so he’s never going to be first choice 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll call that 6
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We'll call that 6
    Do we need this running commentary? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We'll call that 6
    You could try talking about the game!
  • Options
    Campbell looks so dangerous.  Too bad he has zero end product 
  • Options
    I'm not counting Pratley's numerous hospital balls to their number 7 who's immediately got two men on him, btw
  • Options
    Based on preseason so far

Isted
    Hector Ness Thomas
    Egbo Dobson Fraser Blackett-Taylor
    Payne
    May Campbell

Is how I'd probably start the first game of the season.

I'm expecting Lloyd to get some game time and show why he'll start ahead of Thomas, and I'm also hoping a new striker and a new wingback come in, and maybe McGrandles or a new midfielder to come in and mean Fraser plays further forward and Payne drops to the bench
  • Options
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    We'll call that 6
    You could try talking about the game!
    I''m not watching it! I have no idea why you're going 4, 5, 6...
    Go back to 1 and you'll find out