Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 8/7/2023 Match (+post p4) Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    TEL said:
    Two very different sides each half. Asiimwe the standout, but Mitchell, Hector and Ness looked good. Elerewe's runs down the wing caught the eye (ala Sheffield Utd a few seasons back) Fraser looked good as did Dobbo. 
    The minuses for me were CBT, Egbo, Anderson. The rest pretty average. Didn't think Roddy looked that bad , but nothing special. Chin's athleticism makes up for his positional sense. Kirk doesnt waste the ball at all but doesn't do enough for me. Looked a bit lost on the right after he switched from the left.
    Im not sure what his real position is in the team. 
    I would suggest Kirk’s best position is on another managers pitch.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    First half I thought Payne was our best player, Hector looked very comfortable too and Isted made one very good save. We had no proper outlet up front which didn't help the game at all. Second half, Assimwe, CBT and Henry were our best players. I thought Ness and Mitchell looked a bit rusty, so am a touch surprised some thought they did well. 

Pre season friendlies, particularly ones where they're two different starting x11s each half, are generally pretty dull. I'm not really sure what we get out of them. 
  • Options
    First half a very orthodox 352 and the 2 looked very much what they were, non strikers pretending to be strikers.

Hector didn't break a sweat so cool Isted made a very good save no one else stood out as being very good, a few stood out as being no where near the level we need.  Some of that may have been not playing where they ideally would.

Second half was more disjointed before the sending off we were resetting as a 433 but in open play, it was, I am not really sure, Ness was often playing as a single center back when Mitchell either wondered or pushed up into midfield and Roddy playing more as an orthodox left back.  Later on Kirk went to hug the far right touchline.  

I know we were missing players, we are no where near finished in terms of recruitment, Holden had flogged them all week and it's a preseason friendly but we looked really short in terms of quality all over the place, in both halves.

Unfortunately Asiimwe was on the far side to where I was stood amd as I was at pitch level it was probably hard to apprise his performance, which is a shame.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Just seen the Leaburn injury timeline. That's absolutely gutting. 

Also just seen that Darren Moore left Sheff Wed...three weeks ago. I don't know how I missed that one but it feels baffling. I don't think he's a master tactician but by all accounts a wonderful man who got a team playing the way he wanted them to. 

And the match is over. 
    Moore was apparently asking for a new contract on more than 4x his salary from last year. According to the owner anyway.
    Considering how much more money the club will get in television income, that doesn’t sound outrageous.
  • Options
    PWOR
    reported after k.o. that 'because of the behaviour of some present, the bars at Princes Park were to be closed...'
    what behaviour by whom?
     DFC's enforcement of the no drinking in sight of the pitch can be pretty lax but there's only ever a handful of hopeless alcoholics who take their fizzy piddle lager out to the terraces
    or did some of SE7's brainiacs bump into similarly gifted locals and get overemotional in the inevitable language barrier? 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Just seen the Leaburn injury timeline. That's absolutely gutting. 

Also just seen that Darren Moore left Sheff Wed...three weeks ago. I don't know how I missed that one but it feels baffling. I don't think he's a master tactician but by all accounts a wonderful man who got a team playing the way he wanted them to. 

And the match is over. 
    Moore was apparently asking for a new contract on more than 4x his salary from last year. According to the owner anyway.
    Considering how much more money the club will get in television income, that doesn’t sound outrageous.
    Considering the owner's unique take on the truth on many subjects he may not be a definitively reliable witness
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    PWOR
    reported after k.o. that 'because of the behaviour of some present, the bars at Princes Park were to be closed...'
    what behaviour by whom?
     DFC's enforcement of the no drinking in sight of the pitch can be pretty lax but there's only ever a handful of hopeless alcoholics who take their fizzy piddle lager out to the terraces
    or did some of SE7's brainiacs bump into similarly gifted locals and get overemotional in the inevitable language barrier? 
    Any synchronised pavement dancing involved?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    PWOR
    what behaviour by whom?
    The police asked nicely for the blinds to be pulled down (again). As they moved up the bar, those first asked pulled them up again.
    Police got fed up and shut all the bars.
    Ruined a good afternoon for everybody else the selfish *****.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    PWOR
    what behaviour by whom?
    The police asked nicely for the blinds to be pulled down (again). As they moved up the bar, those first asked pulled them up again.
    I never understood why some NLS clubs allow you to drink while watching, and others don't. Dartford and Welling don't allow it, but Dulwich (before their relegation) do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    PWOR
    what behaviour by whom?
    I never understood why some NLS clubs allow you to drink while watching, and others don't. Dartford and Welling don't allow it, but Dulwich (before their relegation) do.
    Welling don't? What was I drinking whilst our friendly going on then.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    PWOR
    what behaviour by whom?
    Pretty sure they don't for league matches?

Dartford are super strict, if you can't even see the pitch while drinking at friendlies
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    PWOR
    what behaviour by whom?
    Pretty sure they don't for league matches?

Dartford are super strict, if you can't even see the pitch while drinking at friendlies
    Got you mate! I can only say on the fact of the friendly.

It's what makes it so special for us fans. Watching, drinking at the same time. Either way, as long as it's respected it should have been okay but someone ruined it unfortunately. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I've had a beer on the terrace whilst watching Welling last season during a league game.
  • Options
    I've had a beer on the terrace whilst watching Welling last season during a league game.
    The ban on drinking alcohol at games whilst watching applies to all clubs in the first five tiers of football. The ban applies to all concourses and rooms with a view of the pitch.
    Dartford are in the 5th tier, Welling 6th tier.
  • Options
    It is a bit unfair as drinking alcohol definitely helps when watching Charlton.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Redrobo said:
    The ban on drinking alcohol at games whilst watching applies to all clubs in the first five tiers of football. The ban applies to all concourses and rooms with a view of the pitch.
    Dartford are in the same division as Welling and have been playing league fixtures against each other since 2016 in the National League South 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dartford are 6th tier

Clearly each ground will have its own local licencing rules, but it does seem bizarre that Dulwich can have bars next to the pitch, while at Dartford the blinds to the clubhouse bar have to be kept shut during the game even for a friendly.