Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 8/7/2023 Match (+post p4) Thread

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Roddy’s crossing is poor.
    He wouldn't get a game for Dartford.

• Options
    Scott Fraser shorts look like they belong in the 80s.
  • Options
    Have we gone 4-2-3-1? Felt like we’ve looked a little better since we changed formation anyway. 
  • Options
    Just seen the Leaburn injury timeline. That's absolutely gutting. 

Also just seen that Darren Moore left Sheff Wed...three weeks ago. I don't know how I missed that one but it feels baffling. I don't think he's a master tactician but by all accounts a wonderful man who got a team playing the way he wanted them to. 

And the match is over. 
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton.
    The only outfield players from today I would have in a first 11 maybe good enough for promotion would be Hector, Egbo, Fraser, Dobson, and CBT as a winger but not a wingback. Lots of big gaps still to fill.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    433 Kirk in the middle of the front 3. 
    Still 3-5-2 according to Louis Mendez

I said Kirk would play as a two up front, trust me, even I know what I am talking about sometimes
  • Options
    Kirk Poor
    Roddy not good enough
    I'm surprised
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    2-1 Charlton.
    The only outfield players from today I would have in a first 11 maybe good enough for promotion would be Hector, Egbo, Fraser, Dobson, and CBT as a winger but not a wingback. Lots of big gaps still to fill.
    Yes, but that's based on one game. We know Thomas and Ness are capable of starting in this league. Asiimwe and Deji both looked good. It wasn't a great performance, but no one got hurt. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I said Kirk would play as a two up front, trust me, even I know what I am talking about sometimes
    Good call Ross trouble is I’d rather have seen Casey given that Kirk’s kit probably won’t need washing and his boots will only need a quick brush 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Just seen the Leaburn injury timeline. That's absolutely gutting. 

Also just seen that Darren Moore left Sheff Wed...three weeks ago. I don't know how I missed that one but it feels baffling. I don't think he's a master tactician but by all accounts a wonderful man who got a team playing the way he wanted them to. 

And the match is over. 
    Moore was apparently asking for a new contract on more than 4x his salary from last year. According to the owner anyway.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good call Ross trouble is I’d rather have seen Casey given that Kirk’s kit probably won’t need washing and his boots will only need a quick brush 😉.
    I did not say I wanted this, just thinking as DH
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    How do you manage to get a red in a friendly??
    Chris Powell did in Steve Brown’s testimonial 
  • Options
    I like Zac  Mitchell, but he's had a bit of a stinker this afternoon.
    I don't think he's defensively strong enough to play at CB at the moment. The Dartford strikers in the second half were a good challenge 
  • Options
    Asiimwe has a great first touch and technique is excellent 
    Egbo is the better defender, but Assimwe is much more dangerous going forward.
  • Options
    England U21 playing without a recognised number 9, perhaps they are copying us 🤣
  • Options
    Not an impressive performance. After they went down to ten men they out played us .
    We started well second half but when it got physical again we went missing.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I thought McGrandles lost it a bit today. He tried to head butt the Darts player. That was anything but a friendly.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Asiimwe has a great first touch and technique is excellent 
    Egbo is the better defender, but Assimwe is much more dangerous going forward.
    I think Asiimwe looks good going forward, but when the game is being played at a faster pace and he's getting closed down and playing against better defenders, I think we'll see he's not quite ready yet. His passing is still very soft and not that accurate. The touch is good but not immaculate. 

He looks a very promising player, and I'm excited to see more of him, but I hope he's our fifth FB when the transfer window closes.

His time will come, but I hope he gets a season playing in cup games and maybe a non league loan if he needs it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Positive - Chin and McGrandles
    Negative -CBT and Campbell 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Roddy one of the worst players I've seen live, including Sunday league. Terrible game.
    Only one reason he got a job in the first place. 

I know people say Aneke is stealing a living but Roddy is the definition of the term. 
  • Options
    What length contract did Roddy’s dad get him? I didn’t realise he was still with the club until today.
  • Options
    Roddy has had a new contract since his dad went 
  • Options
    I thought McGrandles lost it a bit today. He tried to head butt the Darts player. That was anything but a friendly.
    Most violent game of football i have seen at Charlton was the pre-season friendly vs Vicenza. Even Sir Chris Powell completely lost his shit in that one.
  • Options
    Roddy has had a new contract since his dad went 
    He's also had a First Team appearance, so must be doing something right in the background to get rewarded like this without his Dad's name.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    Roddy one of the worst players I've seen live, including Sunday league. Terrible game.
    He’s got one thing going for him………….. left footed . The fact that he’s out of his depth must be of secondary importance. He couldn’t put a decent cross in and got mugged off for their goal apart from that he had a blinder😏.