Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 8/7/2023 Match (+post p4) Thread

edited July 2023 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Way that's ordered looks like 3-5-2:

Isted

Bakrin Hector Elerewe

Egbo       Dobson         Chin

Anderson Payne

Jaiyesimi Campbell
  • Options
    Ye gods. Good job we signed Alfie May. 1 striker in a squad of 23. And he is only a youngster to boot !
  • Options
    No out and out striker starting and just KANU on the bench. Was hoping that May would be appearing 
  • Options
    Good Charlton turnout. I'd forgotten that Chin was on loan at Dartford last season. Indeed he limped off during the playoff match here.
  • Options
    Have we done the same with Jones as we did with McGrandles? Signed someone recovering from a "minor" injury, ha e them miss a big chunk of pre season and put them behind the curve from the off?
  • Options
    In text

Charlton: Isted, Bakrin, Hector, Elerewe, Egbo, Dobson, Anderson, Payne, Chin, Jaiyesimi, Campbell

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, Ness, Mitchell, Roddy, Henry, McGrandles, Fraser, Santos, Blackett-Taylor, Kirk, Kanu
  • Options
    For all the excitement that’s a seriously weak looking squad 

Not overall, but very weak in certain positions 
  • Options
    Ness 5

Fraser 10

Henry 15

McGrandles 16

Campbell 20

Mitchell 24

👀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I be the first to say from that team sheet Holden clear rates x and y above a and b based on a team sheet from a preseason friendly. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Grass looks a bit long. And no idea why they are watering it, as it's been raining this afternoon 😁

• Options
    Ye gods. Good job we signed Alfie May. 1 striker in a squad of 23. And he is only a youngster to boot !
    Leaburn is also only a youngster to boot - and he was well and truly booted last week! 

• Options
    Dobson down with an injury from a Dartford tackle?
  • Options
    Grass looks a bit long. And no idea why they are watering it, as it's been raining this afternoon 😁

I miss those lovely British summer days. 
  • Options
    Is he okay to continue?

Need to reconsider these Non-League games, if players are going to start taking them more seriously - Yet cant blame the players too, if they're desperate to show they deserve a Contract.
  • Options
    Is he okay to continue?

Need to reconsider these Non-League games, if players are going to start taking them more seriously - Yet cant blame the players too, if they're desperate to show they deserve a Contract.
    Yes he's continued. But he stayed down for a bit there. It was quite concerning. 
  • Options

You must be about 10 yards away from me 
  • Options
    Anderson really puts himself about going forward. I quite like the look of him. Still very raw, but I expect we'll start seeing him in cup games, and possibly a non league loan depending in how that goes. 

Looks a bit of a unit as well. Can't be taller than 6' but is well built. Always helpful for a youngster breaking into the first team, although sometimes those types of players are able to dominate youth football because of their physicality, and then have a rude awakening in senior football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    12 of this 23 are inexperienced youth teamers. Shows how weak the squad still is.
    100%. Still lots of work to do if we have any chance of a top 6 push.
    Very weak squad. 
  • Options
    Ness 5

Fraser 10

Henry 15

McGrandles 16

Campbell 20

Mitchell 24

👀
    Also AMB 1 and Isted 21
  • Options
    Absolute rubbish to date.
  • Options
    Looking a little devoid of creativity with no Fraser, and Campbell being central.  

Isted has made a good couple of saves though. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    12 of this 23 are inexperienced youth teamers. Shows how weak the squad still is.
    I'm expecting several more signings and we've got Jones, May, Thomas and Leaburn to come in too. We must have signed double figures every summer for years.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Southbank said:
    I'm expecting several more signings and we've got Jones, May, Thomas and Leaburn to come in too. We must have signed double figures every summer for years.
    We'll get about 3-4 loans in no doubt... Easy squad filler
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Deji has definitely improved in possession from this time last season. He looks far more comfortable on the ball, and he's looking to get forward, which is something Holden seems to want from the outside CBs.

Deji has the physical attributes, and he looks like he's filled out a bit. I suspect that his ability in possession (or lack thereof) is why Garner sent him out on loan so early in preseason last year.

Early signs for this year are good. He's picked out a couple of decent long balls. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Southbank said:
    Naturally of course the squad is still weak ...... we're short on numbers. 

They'll still be some current players to be moved on and replacements brought in. Plus of course, the 5 loanees - of which we haven't even signed one yet.

Many other League One clubs are in the same position, which as we know is pretty normal for this stage of pre-season.

• Options
    Ticket office preparing for a rush on S/T's ?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Terrible two footed tackle by a Dartford player there and it’s a mass of bodies  pushing and shoving just another yellow though 😤