Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Isted Signs on a 2yr deal

Comments

• Options
    A bit baffled by the praising of Wollacott too, does not have significantly more experience then Isted and made his fair share of mistakes early last season too. 
  • Options
    Dismal effort to save the Stevenage goal, I wasn't impressed with Isted during pre season, and nothing since then has made me change my mind.

I did think it was really interesting though that our GK coach was sacked at the same time as Holden, which is quite unusual, suggesting that Scott felt that the GK coaching wasn't good enough. 
    The whole defensive unit was at fault, starting with Dobo and ending with Isted. Every Saturday looks like the first time they have played together.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    What exactly was he attempting to do here to save a goal?

Almost like he's telling the defenders that if they let a forward go past them, he can just let the ball go into the net too.

Awful goalkeeping but more worryingly, attitude. 
    He made a mistake and it cost us a goal. Keepers making mistakes always get noticed. Was it any worse than the mistakes made by our defenders to gift port vale two goals? 

not sure how attitude can be commented on?
  • Options
    Barnsley fans said he did well for them but his biggest weakness was covering his near post. Looking at the goal Saturday he seemed too focused on this and forgot the ball can go in the other corner! Either way poor goalkeeping - still very early on in his Charlton career so not writing him off yet, but underwhelming so far. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    What exactly was he attempting to do here to save a goal?

Almost like he's telling the defenders that if they let a forward go past them, he can just let the ball go into the net too.

Awful goalkeeping but more worryingly, attitude. 
    He made a mistake and it cost us a goal. Keepers making mistakes always get noticed. Was it any worse than the mistakes made by our defenders to gift port vale two goals? 

not sure how attitude can be commented on?
    I felt he banked on the forward not being good enough to spank the ball low and across him from there. That led to him making a decision of going across to his near post in a nonchalant manner, get a cigar out of his back pocket and chill. 

I respect @Sage's view on players and found it interesting that he feels Isted may rather fancy himself.
  • Options
    Glad he is only out for 4/5 weeks, looks like he's going to be our number 1 for the season...
  • Options
    What is the injury? I wondered if it was from the save at Shrewsbury or was it training ground? No hint of it in Louis’ article. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Injured making his first save of the season? 
  • Options
    Wish him a speedy recovery but happier with AMB between the sticks that save he made yesterday was world class.
  • Options
    What is the injury? I wondered if it was from the save at Shrewsbury or was it training ground? No hint of it in Louis’ article. 
    It was when he came out in the last min at Shrewsbury and over stretched his leg .. 
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    Wish him a speedy recovery but happier with AMB between the sticks that save he made yesterday was world class.
    Which one was that?
  • Options
    I don't remember any 'world class' saves last night. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The only save I remember him having to make (didn't stand a chance for the goal), was in the second half when he got down low, and pushed the ball across the goal for a corner.

Might have been the lack of pace on the shot, but was worried for a minute, looked like he could have got a bit of a stronger wrist on it, as an Exeter player at the back post almost got there to turn it into an empty net. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The only save I remember him having to make (didn't stand a chance for the goal), was in the second half when he got down low, and pushed the ball across the goal for a corner.

Might have been the lack of pace on the shot, but was worried for a minute, looked like he could have got a bit of a stronger wrist on it, as an Exeter player at the back post almost got there to turn it into an empty net. 
    IIRC the Exeter player did get there but it was blocked for a corner by T Watson. 

There was another decent save in stoppage time. 
  • Options
    6 weeks , its a tib/fib injury, can't remember which one
  • Options
    It was when he came out in the last min at Shrewsbury and over stretched his leg .. 
    no i wasn't. if you actually bothered to read the article it was when he had to back peddle for the effort from the half way line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 weeks , its a tib/fib injury, can't remember which one
    I was told it was a knee injury.  He's had an operation and has stitches in at the moment apparently
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    "When he turned up yesterday (Monday) we were a little bit fearful because he was sore and he was stiff. But since having the scans, possibly four to six weeks."

Stone the crows, they've given us an injury timeline!
  • Options
    Hope AMB stays injury free. Henry Molyneux hardly ready for senior debut...
  • Options
    Steven81 said:

Isted save percentage 74%. AMB has 63% which is one of the worst in the league.

Isted hasn't totally convinced so far but he is better than AMB at stopping the ball going in the net, has better distribution and claims crosses just as well if not better. 
  • Options
    Hope AMB stays injury free. Henry Molyneux hardly ready for senior debut...
    As long as he isn't injured within a game, we should be fine with the emergency loan/free market.

We've seen a number of youth goalies leave recently I believe, perhaps 4?
  • Options
    Gutted for Harry, just as he was getting his feet under the table.
  • Options
    Glad he isn't out long term, but it provides a perfect window for AMB to show if he is or isn't, better than Isted.

Over to you AMB (he does have a weakness saving shots low to his left I noticed again yday).
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Steven81 said:

He made two decent saves, one pushing the ball around the post and one in injury time at the end for a one on one.  I like AMB and think he is a decent keeper.  Hope he grabs this chance and excels. Some of the scores on the players marks are bizarre (4 & 5's) given the one goal he let in was a 1v1 and he made 2 decent saves.

On free agents I see that Yohann Thuram is on the list....

Separately I was impressed with the Exeter keeper last night, an absolute unit and made some decent saves, on loan from Villa.  First time I have ever been impressed with an opposition keeper who concedes 4 times!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

There was a one on one late on, he came out quickly and blocked with his leg. 
  • Options
    Shame as he was improving. 

Jed Steer available on a free.