Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Isted Signs on a 2yr deal

Comments

• Options
    Was thinking the same, looks a bit out of shape tho
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    Wish him a speedy recovery but happier with AMB between the sticks that save he made yesterday was world class.
    Still not having AMB as the better keeper, but time will tell I guess. I just don't rate him...
  • Options
    AMB has a long term back/hip problem too. There was consideration of not even starting him. Has been rushed back
  • Options
    Both in the ponage camp for me …. Not promotion keepers 
  • Options
    Dave the save De Gea is available
  • Options
    If it’s serious enough I wonder if we’ll see who’s available in January 
  • Options
    Blimey, I hope Maynard-Brewer stays fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think his injury came from the shot from the halfway line. The physio went on to treat him, he then played on for the rest of the game. I wonder if he had come off then, how much less severe his injury would have been.
  • Options
    Bit of a freak injury that and shows how precarious a career in football can be. 
    Get the feeling he might never settle at Charlton. No reason for that, just a hunch. 

• Options
    The kind of updates we've become accustomed to. Crikes, I hope we don't need to play the Walker in the league.
  • Options
    FFS... Of course he has the poor bloke, players cant catch a break here can they
  • Options
    Don't worry everyone

We still have Flappy Walker available 😉
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The kind of updates we've become accustomed to. Crikes, I hope we don't need to play the Walker in the league.
    He does look dodgy.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I agree but if it comes to it at least walker has had 3 competitive games recently as opposed to not having played on 9 months or whatever it was before.

Still can't understand why we didn't get Jed Steer back as he's available.
  • Options
    A and ekeised
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    mendonca said:
    I agree but if it comes to it at least walker has had 3 competitive games recently as opposed to not having played on 9 months or whatever it was before.

Walker was cheaper?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Gutted for Isted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

Walked was cheaper?
    Steer would command first choice wages, whereas Walker was a cheaper option, happy to be backup.
  • Options
    Don’t worry I have , he’s not a promotion keeper back up at best .
    next …
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Looks as tho most have written him off. I don't think we have seen enough of him yet...
    I think that a lot of people had been talking up his performances previously just because they wanted AMB out.
    I have not seen anything from him to suggest that he is an improvement on AMB, not that I think that AMB has been good enough recently either.
    Perhaps people are starting to realise that Isted is another crap goalkeeper to add to the list of crap goalkeepers that have gone before.

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Looks as tho most have written him off. I don't think we have seen enough of him yet...
    He’s not as bad as some make him out to be but if we want to be a top team next year then I think we need to improve our GK options. I’d keep him and lose AMB. Let Isted and the new man battle it out. 
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see if a new Number 1 is signed or not.
  • Options
    He is very much a modern day keeper in that he has been taught to almost act as a sweeper and defend by pushing up the pitch to claim loose balls and pass it out. This is great when things are going well and you have a solid enough team in front of you. But once you're under pressure, and your defenders aren't close enough to help out then you let in sloppy goals like last weekend. 

He's an improvement on AMB in the formation that we are trying to play, but I feel we could have a better goalie and use Isted as number 2 next season
  • Options
    Dillon Phillips? He’ll be on the bench for Rotherham in league 1 next year.
    He’ better than we have currently 
  • Options
    The main issue I have with him is that he isn't really very good at any specific goalkeeping trait is he? That means he'll look fine during a purple patch, but apart from that resort to being a very standard goalkeeper, which he is. 

I'd like us to sign as good as goalie as possible. Whether that is a PL loan or a known established keeper from the Championship. 

Out of interest, I wonder who NJ's keepers were during his other managerial roles.