Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th April 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    Worst result in the third tier ever - matching 6-0 defeat at Southampton in 1921.

Just one of those in the JS era, and he was sacked shortly after. 
    3 Seed, not 1
    Which ones?
    PS He was manager from ‘33-‘56.

[Soz, should have looked at the table - actually, have read about the other two in the past]. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    Worst result in the third tier ever - matching 6-0 defeat at Southampton in 1921.

3 Seed, not 1
    Which ones?
    I know when he was manager, thank you. 

6-0 Arsenal 1947
    6-0 Newcastle 1952

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Just thought I’d point out we had Luongo on a plate and ready to sign for us but we took the piss on his wages.
    he wanted something like £5k a week.
    we offered £2k
    his agent said £5k and he’s ready to sign
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

cheers for that one Andy Scott
    You can only work with the budget you are given.

Failing to see how this is Scott’s fault. Try Sandgaard if you want to vent 
    TS had given it the green light as we really wanted him. Scott thought he knew best - or maybe someone else, like a prospective owner, overruled it.
    So Mr Breakeven suddenly completely changed tack and agreed to giving someone £5k a week making them our top earner - while everything else suggested he was cutting costs to sell.

Doesn't seem very likely does it.

Luongo, actually sounds exactly like the type of signing he wanted.

Think you’ve been told a whopper there.
    What makes you think 5k per week is our top earner? 

Swisdom knows what he's talking about.
    Apologies re-looking online, he’d actually be Top 5 - worryingly it’s suggests we pay Fraser 7k a week. 

No wonder he was smiling yesterday… more like laughing all the way to the bank.
    Oh so you don't have a clue what our wages are like, got it. 
    It’s reported online, here you go … not sure why there’s the need for the aggressive reply 😂

• Options
    edited April 2023
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:

3 Seed, not 1
    Which ones?
    I know when he was manager, thank you. 

6-0 Arsenal 1947
    6-0 Newcastle 1952
    Oh yeah, my bad. Should have looked at the table lol.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    esseffect said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 

Your love for Innis is bizarre. Have you hit your heard or something? 
    It's nothing to do with love of Sarr or Inniss.
    It's simply a ruse to get people to engage aka attention seeking.
    If only Ronnie was as subtle as Leuth at it 😉.
    Unlike Ronnie I believe in what I say! 
  • Options
    Only positive is it will hopefully show Holden or our new owner that this squad needs a huge overhual. I was on the fence keeping Innis as back up, but fuck him, insane to get 4 reds this season. Liability. 
  • Options
    Only positive is it will hopefully show Holden or our new owner that this squad needs a huge overhual. I was on the fence keeping Innis as back up, but fuck him, insane to get 4 reds this season. Liability. 
    One was rescinded, so 3. Let's go through them. 

1x trying to score a header in the 96th minute 
    2x side by side challenging a forward and being sent off for a perceived last-man foul

Would you rather he not try to score, or that he simply lets the forward go through completely unchallenged? Red cards as last man are always a risk when midfields have free rein to knock through balls. Maybe he could have been a bit cuter on those two occasions (the MK Dons one was even more dubious) but it isn't like he's diving in two-footed 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cs1986 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Campbell nicking a living? Bit harsh for a youth breaking through.
    Hes pony we may as well play with 10
    Really? I think generally he looks like he has some promise. I’d happily keep him for next year, if there was a decent loan option for him that might make sense too.
    Yeah mate I think he really poor from what I have seen. Maybe he has potential but should be nowhere near a league 1 starting 11. Loan would make sense to conference/league 2 to see if he improves. I know I'm being a tad harsh but not a fan of him at all. 
  • Options
    Like, numerous people have even expressed the plain falsehood that it was 5 reds, 4 after one was rescinded. Lying through their teeth to make his case seem weaker 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Only seen the last 2 of those. Interesting that there were none between 1983 and 2016, 33 years. 
    Think there used to be more one sided score lines in the old days for various reasons, one of which was the no subs rule. You’d quite often have eleven v. nine after a couple of injuries. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Just thought I’d point out we had Luongo on a plate and ready to sign for us but we took the piss on his wages.
    we offered £2k
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

TS had given it the green light as we really wanted him. Scott thought he knew best - or maybe someone else, like a prospective owner, overruled it.
    So Mr Breakeven suddenly completely changed tack and agreed to giving someone £5k a week making them our top earner - while everything else suggested he was cutting costs to sell.

Apologies re-looking online, he’d actually be Top 5 - worryingly it’s suggests we pay Fraser 7k a week. 

It’s reported online, here you go … not sure why there’s the need for the aggressive reply 😂

They are disgusting if true. Stockley getting paid like 100k a goal. Jack Payne 5k a week FML.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

2x side by side challenging a forward and being sent off for a perceived last-man foul

Would you rather he not try to score, or that he simply lets the forward go through completely unchallenged? Red cards as last man are always a risk when midfields have free rein to knock through balls. Maybe he could have been a bit cuter on those two occasions (the MK Dons one was even more dubious) but it isn't like he's diving in two-footed 
    Inniss is pony. Slow and a hot head and injury prone. He won't get another contract at this level unless it's from us. I'd put money on it.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    we offered £2k
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

They are disgusting if true. Stockley getting paid like 100k a goal. Jack Payne 5k a week FML.
    What is truly dreadful is that there are only 3/4 first team regulars in that list. What a waste of money.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    cs1986 said:
    Leuth said:

Inniss is pony. Slow and a hot head and injury prone. He won't get another contract at this level unless it's from us. I'd put money on it.
    There are about 20 clubs in this league, at least, who'd be happy to have him in the squad. Of those about 15 would have him as a nailed-on starter. Slow? He's not, if you watch him. A hot head? Not this season (see above). Injury prone? Not this season. I'd really love to hear Holden's thoughts about him. I suspect they'd be greatly at odds with the majority here
    Fancy a bet that he doesn't play league 1 football next year unless it's with us
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    cs1986 said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    we offered £2k
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

What is truly dreadful is that there are only 3/4 first team regulars in that list. What a waste of money.
    Shows how truly poor our recruitment is. Steve Gallen gets away with far too much for me.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Southbank said:
    cs1986 said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    we offered £2k
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

Shows how truly poor our recruitment is. Steve Gallen gets away with far too much for me.
    He's been pony ever since Thomas Driesen left the club
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    cs1986 said:
    Leuth said:

There are about 20 clubs in this league, at least, who'd be happy to have him in the squad. Of those about 15 would have him as a nailed-on starter. 
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    esseffect said:
    Nicholas said:
    And some of you want Morgan, bonne and innis to sign contracts.  Fucking  numpties 
    Morgan is inconsistent. Would keep as a squad player. Judging him today again Ipswich and saying he’s crap seems a bit harsh. The fickleness of fans
    Do we need a squad player in midfield? Keeping in mind that Holden likes to keep a small squad anyway. 

I'd like to see us bring in people who provide competition for first-team places rather than just make up the numbers. 
    I’d like to see that too. Why don’t we just do that…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    cs1986 said:
    Leuth said:

There are about 20 clubs in this league, at least, who'd be happy to have him in the squad. Of those about 15 would have him as a nailed-on starter. Slow? He's not, if you watch him. A hot head? Not this season (see above). Injury prone? Not this season. I'd really love to hear Holden's thoughts about him. I suspect they'd be greatly at odds with the majority here
    Not a hothead?

That first sending he absolutely tried to smash the player, anyone who’s played can see his intent there.

The elbow smash against Oxford was even worse, that should have been looked at by the police never-mind the EFL.

Biggest issue for me is when he’s been directly responsible for goals (I count at least 5 this season) he doesn’t look the slightest bit bothered during or at the end of the game. 

That alone tells me he’s not the kind of character we need in a squad where culture has already been questioned by ex-managers.
  • Options
    I may just have overlooked this, but I can't see any interviews or social media statement's from any of the players apologising for Saturday ? Local paper here in Norwich has apology from the Norwich keeper for the embarrassing 5-1 defeat Friday night to Middlesbrough. Acknowledges fan's travelling distance and being embarrassed by the result. Maybe we'll get something prior to the MK Don's game 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well said @LouisMend. Your fieriest takeaways yet and rightfully so. 
  • Options
    Ipswich's wage bill last year was huge and presumably is even bigger this season. Last season it was 50% higher than Charlton's and more than double the divisional average.
  • Options
    Only one result I want Tuesday night , come on Birmingham !
  • Options
    Dobson at fault for two goals losing the ball to easy in mid , Leaburn at fault for another to slow to react not closing down on the edge of our box .. not always the defensive fault when a goal is scored . It’s harsh to always blame the defenders as a team you defend from the front ..

yesterday Ipswich getting the early goal changed the whole game .. but there were moments that could have made the game .. Ipswich second goal looked like handball , the professional foul when Bonne was clear .. and the pen . Between 14 mins and 70 mins we were always in the game it just needed one thing to go our way .

Inniss sending off was very harsh .. come on the ref sees a big man and automatically thinks he must have fouled the other man again Inniss treated badly by the official . …

it’s a freak result was it a 6-0 was our win over Shrewsbury a 6-0 no really it just clicked on the day for Ipswich like it did for us 

Keep taking the tablets.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    esseffect said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 

Your love for Innis is bizarre. Have you hit your heard or something? 
    It's nothing to do with love of Sarr or Inniss.
    It's simply a ruse to get people to engage aka attention seeking.
    If only Ronnie was as subtle as Leuth at it 😉.
    Just spat out my cornflakes.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Leuth said:
    cs1986 said:
    Leuth said:

Imo he is a dirty b****** who should never have played for us again after he went through the Wimbledon geezer at their place last season.
    A career threatening tackle verging on assault.