Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th April 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Just thought I’d point out we had Luongo on a plate and ready to sign for us but we took the piss on his wages.
    he wanted something like £5k a week.
    we offered £2k
    his agent said £5k and he’s ready to sign
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

cheers for that one Andy Scott
    You can only work with the budget you are given.

Failing to see how this is Scott’s fault. Try Sandgaard if you want to vent 
    TS had given it the green light as we really wanted him. Scott thought he knew best - or maybe someone else, like a prospective owner, overruled it.
    So Mr Breakeven suddenly completely changed tack and agreed to giving someone £5k a week making them our top earner - while everything else suggested he was cutting costs to sell.

Doesn't seem very likely does it.

Luongo, actually sounds exactly like the type of signing he wanted.

Think you’ve been told a whopper there.
    What makes you think 5k per week is our top earner? 

Swisdom knows what he's talking about.
  • Options
    Dobson at fault for two goals losing the ball to easy in mid , Leaburn at fault for another to slow to react not closing down on the edge of our box .. not always the defensive fault when a goal is scored . It’s harsh to always blame the defenders as a team you defend from the front ..

yesterday Ipswich getting the early goal changed the whole game .. but there were moments that could have made the game .. Ipswich second goal looked like handball , the professional foul when Bonne was clear .. and the pen . Between 14 mins and 70 mins we were always in the game it just needed one thing to go our way .

Inniss sending off was very harsh .. come on the ref sees a big man and automatically thinks he must have fouled the other man again Inniss treated badly by the official . …

it’s a freak result was it a 6-0 was our win over Shrewsbury a 6-0 no really it just clicked on the day for Ipswich like it did for us 

• Options
    Okay thanks Ronnie. I'll keep smiling then  ;)
  • Options
    Probably not alone in starting to read a post, think 'mmm, don't think so' then carry on ready and 'what the tuck is this' and then realise it's from RonnieMoore. Hope you're doing ok Ronnie. 
  • Options
    Okay thanks Ronnie. I'll keep smiling then  ;)

Feeling much better now after reading that
    Ha Ha Ha 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:
    shirty5 said:
    Valley11 said:
    If it’s true that bonne liked an Ipswich insta post after the match, then cancel his contract and get rid now. 

Footballers really are thick as pig shit aren't they.
    Bloke is a wanker, always has been. Pray we never see him in a Charlton shirt again after this season. 
    I've never had anything against him until now.
    Fancy liking a picture of fans celebrating you yourself losing 6-0! I'd be pissed off if a teammate in Sunday League did that. I hope Dobbo at least lays into him.

The least we should do know is refer to him as Macaulay Mauvaise. Does anyone know a chant that fits?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cabbles said:
    We’re just a few players off.  There’s no need to rip it up and get rid of everyone 
    I know this is a joke but it's fckin mad how many fans genuinely believe this
    It's crazy mate. Too many deluded people in our fan base. I cant believe what I hear/read too often. I will never understand not fairly evaluating players as poor because they were a charlton shirt.

Thomas/Inniss/Campbell/Bonne are awful and nicking a living.

Dobson and Hector are so over rated by Charlton fans. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Don't know if anyone at the club reads this forum, but it would have been good to be able to print off this thread, along with the match thread, and all it's comments and send it recorded delivery to Sparrows Lane C/O First Team Manager...mind you thinking about it, they are so pig shit thick some of them🤷‍♂️...Fu*king angry is an understatement after that no show Saturday...😫😫
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The phrase 'nicking a living' is basically nonsense in virtually any case
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    esseffect said:
    Nicholas said:
    And some of you want Morgan, bonne and innis to sign contracts.  Fucking  numpties 
    Morgan is inconsistent. Would keep as a squad player. Judging him today again Ipswich and saying he’s crap seems a bit harsh. The fickleness of fans
    Do we need a squad player in midfield? Keeping in mind that Holden likes to keep a small squad anyway. 

I'd like to see us bring in people who provide competition for first-team places rather than just make up the numbers. 
    Well players do get injured. Morgan is the sort of player who can do a job for a few games, but if he is our best midfielder, or one of our best at the start of next season we are going nowhere fast. If we put an appropriate offer on the table and he signs it, I won't be complaining.

My problem with Inniss is in his first season he was a major offensive option for us on set pieces and whilst he can sometimes still be, the overall effect has diminished. Yes, he has stayed fit, which is a big positive, but he seems more rigid in his play when he was pretty static to start with. Also, he wins headers so that is good but he is technically not a good headerer of the ball. I think he is in a similar category to Morgan though, probably worth a contract at the right wage but shouldn't be starting.
    Another way of framing the question, if the season were re-starting and Albie was a free agent, do you think Bolton, Ipswich, Derby, Sheff Weds, Barnsley, Peterborough or Plymouth would be looking to sign him as a squad player? 

Personally, I think he'd be far more likely to end up at the likes of MK, Bristol Rovers, Burton, etc. 
    Let's be honest league 2 or conference. He didn't look out of place when on loan at ebbsfleet a few years back and hasn't improved since then. The fan base is too accepting of poor players nicking living.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Campbell nicking a living? Bit harsh for a youth breaking through.
    Hes pony we may as well play with 10
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The phrase 'nicking a living' is basically nonsense in virtually any case
    Unless it's referring to Ben Watson
    Or Gunter.
    or Jimmy Floyd H.
    or Thuram.

or countless others that have literally nicked a living...
  • Options
    Certainly had our fair share haven't we
  • Options
    Worst result in the third tier ever - matching 6-0 defeat at Southampton in 1921.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Worst result in the third tier ever - matching 6-0 defeat at Southampton in 1921.

Only seen the last 2 of those. Interesting that there were none between 1983 and 2016, 33 years. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    So Holden stays
    New mob come in
    We add 5 from the bargain bin (2 Prem loans so 50/50 chance of failure)
    6 chancers leave (not incl current loans)
    Yougsters step up before ready...

Rings a lot of bells and I am not Quasimodo, just got the hump!

2023/24  - Charlton Athletic   55pts  (12th)
  • Options
    Maybe we would have been better off playing a more defensive 4411, with 4 narrow midfielders across the middle - Fraser Dobson Henry/Kilkenny Morgan - and JRS in a free role behind Bonne?

With out current side we do need a Plan B against the better teams, as this season, especially away, we've been uncompetitive against them.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Just thought I’d point out we had Luongo on a plate and ready to sign for us but we took the piss on his wages.
    we offered £2k
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

TS had given it the green light as we really wanted him. Scott thought he knew best - or maybe someone else, like a prospective owner, overruled it.
    So Mr Breakeven suddenly completely changed tack and agreed to giving someone £5k a week making them our top earner - while everything else suggested he was cutting costs to sell.

Apologies re-looking online, he’d actually be Top 5 - worryingly it’s suggests we pay Fraser 7k a week. 

No wonder he was smiling yesterday… more like laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    They had Bonne , got rid and got promoted 
    it’s written in the stars

⭐️ We’re fucking shit ⭐️
    They also had Fraser and Penney 😉.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    shirty5 said:
    Swisdom said:
    we offered £2k
    We offered £2.5k
    ipswich offered £5k
    he signed straight away.

Apologies re-looking online, he’d actually be Top 5 - worryingly it’s suggests we pay Fraser 7k a week. 

No wonder he was smiling yesterday… more like laughing all the way to the bank.
    Oh so you don't have a clue what our wages are like, got it. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 

Your love for Innis is bizarre. Have you hit your heard or something? 
    It's nothing to do with love of Sarr or Inniss.
    It's simply a ruse to get people to engage aka attention seeking.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Tbf I didn't watch or even listen, but can I say 'fuck off innis'?
    It sounds like Hector was responsible for about 4 goals but Inniss has somehow stolen the fanbase's anger. He's cursed 
    Hector was rubbish today.

Innis has the worst disciplinary record in the top four leagues of English football.* Double anyone else.

Red Cards

Innis - 4
    Casemiro - 2
    Kamara - 2
    Osho - 2
    Platt - 2
    Khan - 2

* Presume it is much worse than that, but can't find individual stats for National League and below. But note that no team in the National League has above four cards as an entire squad, while Innis has four to himself.
    Of which one was rescinded! And c'mon, it's part of the charm. Vieira and Keane! 

Ahhh ehhh whatever. Bet Holden puts him straight back in the side when he's available 

Your love for Innis is bizarre. Have you hit your heard or something? 
    It's nothing to do with love of Sarr or Inniss.
    It's simply a ruse to get people to engage aka attention seeking.
    If only Ronnie was as subtle as Leuth at it 😉.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Just one of those in the JS era, and he was sacked shortly after. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:

Just one of those in the JS era, and he was sacked shortly after. 
    3 Seed, not 1